forum

Trash Accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corruptopus
Hi! I'm a rank 58k but I can't seem to get good acc, usually around 91% or 93%. I play everyday and use a mechanical with a tablet, but my accuracy is always terrible, and because of it I always end up getting no pp from most of my plays. If someone could help me out, that would be great!
Juuuuuuuuul
Play map with lower od and if late, increase gamma; if early, decrease gamma.
If not working, blame mapper and delete the shitmap.

Don't trust me because i'm just a filthy 6 digits mouse only player.
Implojin
Click the circles *to the beat*. Don't try to randomly press buttons and hope for the best while you sightread without feeling the patterns.

Instead, tap with the music and don't think about acc at all while you're playing. It's best if you completely detach what your tapping hand and your pen hand are doing.

This way, the only time you'll miss acc is if you're playing a map with patterns that you can't read yet. (Or maybe if the bpm/OD is higher than your stamina/finger control.)

Of course, I'm garbage at the game too so take my advice with a bunch of salt.
- euphoria -
Listen to the rhythm, play high OD low BPM maps to train finger control. Try focussing less on the approach circles and more on the music/rhythm instead. Rmb you’re playing a rhythm game, so listening to the rhythm will help a lot.
vSanguine
What style do ya play with? If you're a full alternater like me, it's gonna take you a while to git gud (Always does). Altho if you singletap, I suggest you take a short break (1-2 days without osu).
You're most probably just burnt out.
Topic Starter
Corruptopus

vSpecky wrote:

What style do ya play with? If you're a full alternater like me, it's gonna take you a while to git gud (Always does). Altho if you singletap, I suggest you take a short break (1-2 days without osu).

I'm a full alternator and I've literally always had bad acc, regardless of my break time, warmup time, or whatever.
Almost

Corruptopus wrote:

vSpecky wrote:

I'm a full alternator and I've literally always had bad acc, regardless of my break time, warmup time, or whatever.

That's because none of the things you mention have anything to do with accuracy.
_Arsen
I don't know. But i will recommend playing Easy Maps, and farm SS's... And i think you will improve your accuracy.

This way works for me.
Nourios
Play more, i used to have 93% acc and just recently started having around 96-97% acc on most plays (I still have shit acc on my profile tho)
Topic Starter
Corruptopus

Nourios wrote:

Play more, i used to have 93% acc and just recently started having around 96-97% acc on most plays (I still have shit acc on my profile tho)

What should I play more of? Jump maps, stream maps, random maps, pp maps, dt, hd, high ar, low ar, high bpm, low bpm, tech or no tech, (also I suck at hd a lot so that might be it), mania 4k, 7k, different modes, taiko, ctb, marathon, change area, practice with membrane, listen to the song more, change effects volume to double the music volume, play early in the day, play late at night, take 10 min breaks after playing, play for hours at a time, practice a different chair position? maybe I should change my stress levels because I start screaming after getting 1 miss on 10 tilerino maps in a row. Should I try playing super easy maps? Maybe maps way out of my league?
Vuelo Eluko
Play in comfort zone until you are getting like 98%-99%, no other way really. I wasted immense amount of time in comfort zone and I became strong in acc but still suck otherwise.

Also I envy your aim, I can't even pass a lot of the crap in your top ranks let alone get a high enough combo/low enough misses to receive any pp from them. Don't stress too much over acc, you are a pretty strong player who would likely trash most anyone near your rank in multiplayer, rank doesn't mean everything at all. I'd say for standard that the lower your acc the higher your actual skill for your given pp. Reason being that accuracy is hugely overweighted, you haven't experienced it yet but just going from 98% to 99.5%-100% on a map is a LOT of pp difference, moreso than going from 95% to 97% or 90% to 95% etc. And what it boils down to is that a high acc player with your pp has much much easier maps populating his top ranks as a result. I mean i outrank you by a fair bit but my best play is only 5.2 stars and yours is a 6.35 that I haven't even passed. You would honestly smash me in multiplayer.

The acc to pp curve just shoots up as you get close to SS so use this as motivation if you really want to improve your accuracy: you are likely going to be cranking out ~300+ pp scores if you had close to my level of accuracy but with your current aim.
Noiseless
Haha, you told me Acc was over rated.