show more
Zain Sugieres
dont ignore my candidacy
Sosteneshion
pm me, I am selling my vote
abraker
I'll be registering as soon as I get home to make a quality enough application
pentaqola
This seems nice. I wonder who is gonna win.
Meah
I nominate Zain as my waifu
Dialect
the only thing the ot president will probably do is turn off the lights
cravenfiner
ill vote for whoever give me cheese and crackers
Achromalia
Heya. I'm Achromatism, local skeleboye, fellow OT Denzen, but part-time OT Shitposter for the Shitpost Renaissance Era. A 6th-Generation forum-dweller.

I'm interested in taking care of our state of being and the rights to shitposts. Though I lack any sort of administrative, political, or well, any sort of experience, I'm sticking around to keep things going for the hell of it. That's just the nature of these sorts of things around here.

In my time, I've witnessed the outbreak of the Trashiputus virus strains, and participated in the beverage-based business feuds, for the rights to all sorts of beverages in support of the founding of the Union of Drinks. I've gone on a shitpost spree lately, to raise awareness for shitty shitposts through posting shitposts post-shitpost, and shit, it's something I can say will make it a fun run.

I see OT as a place of promise, with a landscape carved into gargantuan shitpost mountaintops, and the run-off stream of quality content as our supply to convert for each and every shitpost. We can terraform and climb up the shitpost mountaintop, in thriving villages with a post-shitpost perspective of every shitpost around us, and look back at...

...whatever the hell we just made, with... some sort of varying range of mixed feelings.

So yeah! I plan on basically making OT a shitpost haven, provided that there are sufficient shitposts. Our shitpost economy may be a little tough to crunch down for statistics, and we don't know if the streams of quality content with provide us with enough natural resources to convert for our shitposts, but shit, it'd be something to try.

I insist! Join me through my candidacy in this vision for OT, in support of the pursuit of the art of the shitpost!

In the name of the Shitpost Renaissance!
payney

Meah wrote:

I nominate Zain as my waifu

+1
Death
abraker

Introduction

I am unknown by almost no one here but a few that now will. I am abraker, the OT Royal Scientist, Head of the OT Royal Society, and owner of A-Breaking Laboratories.

Reason for registration

I could not do nothing after Ashton has announced his candidacy. That crook is always looking for away to destabilize OT in one way or another. No alternate reality exists in which I allow him to do that so easily.

Past experiences on OT

I can list off things I did as a scientist, but who is really interested in that nonsense? I maintain many of OT's historical records like OT Chronicles, OT's Royal Museum of Art, OT's largest gatherings, Executionary Tales, and the Lord records. Any one remember OT Bingo? Well I suppose newer denizens don't. I was also one of the lead editors for OT!News. I even have experience leading you denizens in a parallel dimension.

My Vision

My vision is absolute! I shall give cravenfiner his cheese and crackers and turn off the lights for MinNin. All shall follow this rule no questions asked! Ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We can give cravenfiner his cheese and crackers but turning the lights off for MinNin is going to involve a bit more paperwork.

I believe OT is in a period of Renaissance, which marks the beginning of higher art and culture. You denizens are starting to finally get more involved among each other and it's a sight to behold! You producing great things on your own, however, you are only producing things on your own. I am still finding that, despite the Renaissance, it is still unlikely denizens to come and produce something together. OT!News was a display of something once great and its mere existence proved that even a shithole as chaotic as OT can bring something so unchaotic and great.

My actual vision is to enable you guys to kickstart projects on such scale. It will start small, but will steadly eventually grow and become a big thing. With the advent of projects on such scale, the OT economy shall bloom and OT bucks shall finally recover from the great OTpression. It will go from being a virtually worthless currency to finally having competing worth with the kudosu currency of the neighboring lands. We will build a shitpostposting empire so great that it shall overshadow the absurd quality standards enforced in the much stricter osu! lands. We will outshine the neigboring lands. Even GD shall become jealous! Who needs rules to enforce quality? Quality best shines free!

So vote for me to make OT rise to shine great and free!
_
Penguin

abraker wrote:

My Vision

My vision is absolute! I shall give cravenfiner his cheese and crackers and turn off the lights for MinNin.
isn't this technically bribery since craven specifically stated that he'd vote for whoever got him cheese and crackers?

Anyways, these campaign announcements are a wonderful sight to be had. I'm so glad that so many people want to lead OT to greatness. One thing that I'd like to ask all of the candidates: What is your opinion on my "Hand Thread" proposal? Yay or nay, explain.
abraker
Hold up on answering that.

@tad, I propose moving phase 2 to phase 3 and making presidential debates phase 2
Penguin

abraker wrote:

@tad, I propose moving stage 2 to stage 3 and making presidential debates stage 2
I agree with this. There are many questions I'd like to ask our candidates about OT's future and having all of them centralized in one thread where they can debate would be amazing.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Achromalia and abraker's registration confirmed.

@abraker, how should I make stage 2 like then? Is it gonna be one big thread for Presidential debate before the voting starts? I'll add a stage 2 once I get home from school.
Achromalia
I'm genuinely wondering how seriously I should take this now.

Didn't quite think it through, but oh well.

I guess I'm not here to win an election quite as much as I'm here to enjoy the process.

If I win, that'd be pretty great though.

Not sure what that's going to imply, but hey, I'm... something, I guess.
Penguin
I feel like stage two should be this:

All denizens PM the moderator, which would be tad, questions that they'd like to ask the candidates. Tad then makes the main debate thread and starts by posting one question. The candidates then get to answer it in one long post or whichever way they desire. Candidates can also respond/rebut each other's posts during each questions time frame. Once everyone answers or time runs out for the said question, tad posts the next question or any follow-up questions.

I like this route because it allows for more organized debate instead of random posts all over one thread. The main debate thread would have to be limited to mostly just the candidates though. I don't know how long each question should last, maybe an hour?

We could either PM questions to tad or create an entire thread dedicated to questions, then tad just pulls from that thread later. I like the PM route though so that the candidates won't have a large amount of time to prepare for each question.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
I like that idea, I'll add it once I get home.
Zain Sugieres
why am i still not a registered candidate
abraker
You are lacking the following:

- Introductions. (Username, position in OT, which OT generation are you from, etc.)
- Reason of registration.
- Past experiences on OT. (Can be anything you did on OT, pick the ones that are most impressive.)
- Your vision for OT as President.
Zain Sugieres
zain sugieres
dont care
dont care
dont care

there u go
Meah
Pls support Zain Sugieres
Aiseca
I'm just a Forum Creeper, I have nothing to do with politics. I will just watch and creep on as always *whoosh*
TheLegendaryHD
he protec
he attac
but most importantly....
SHOW MORE
he abrac
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Sorry for the slow update, I had a busy day today.

NOTICE

The procedure of the election have been changed after further discussions with OT denizens.
Now the election will have 3 phases instead of 2.

The 2nd phase of the election campaign will be a debate round where all candidates will have to debate and answer on certain questions and topics.
If you have any questions for the candidates, please PM them to me and the best ones will be chosen for debate.
The questions can be asked anonymously, I will not reveal your name if you don't want me to.

For further details, please check out the original post.
Sosteneshion
Is Death going to make his registration?
Zain Sugieres
still not registered?
Endaris
I demand to see the filled out registration form for holding presidential elections by tad.
Right now this looks like a scam to me.
Achromalia

Endaris wrote:

I demand to see the filled out registration form for holding presidential elections by tad.

Ehhm, how exactly?

No monetary value involved, nothing to be taken other than one's questions or votes. As any other possibly influenced election, perhaps it could be biased...

...if anything, not much to prevent private bribery.

I believe it kinda looks unofficial and hastily done, if there's anything I can really say against it. Under-prepared?

But I can't seem to see anything indicative of a scam.
Aiseca
Hmmmmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔....
Strange..
Zain Sugieres
I'm still not registered and I'm 100% sure it's because of a discriminatory host that hates names that start with letter Z while obviously helping out names that start with an A
Achromalia

Zain Sugieres wrote:

I'm still not registered and I'm 100% sure it's because of a discriminatory host that hates names that start with letter Z while obviously helping out names that start with an A
Or it's because you "dont care"?

Now I'm inclined to believe you do care. If so, maybe fill out the registration form properly. "dont care" is not a vision for OT.

I mean, Initially I'd believe you didn't give a shit until you started complaining about tad not including you into the election considering your lack of any tangible information aside from Oh, woops, "don't care".

With an insufficient amount of information for the registration form, your candidacy can't be taken seriously.

It'd be inefficient and rather disastrous to let someone who doesn't care to run for their country take a spot on the high chair and do as they wish without concern for said country or how what they do affects anything.

Though, I suppose this argument would best be suited for the second phase.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Endaris wrote:

This is not a scam, OT is a thriving land of democracy (Death may claim otherwise but trust me on this one) and the denizens of OT have decided to elect a President who will represent and guide OT into a new era.
This election is based on the votes of denizens is the proof of that.

Zain Sugieres wrote:

You failed to provide the required information in your registration form.

You are lacking the following:

- Introductions. (Username, position in OT, which OT generation are you from, etc.)
- Reason of registration.
- Past experiences on OT. (Can be anything you did on OT, pick the ones that are most impressive.)
- Your vision for OT as President.

If you'd provide all of the required information, I would gladly accept your registration form.
abraker
"OT is a thriving land of democracy"

haha, it's a dictatorship. We are still at the mercy of Supreme Overlord Peppy

doesn't mean we can't try tho. Viva la Revolution!
Achromalia

abraker wrote:

"OT is a thriving land of democracy"

haha, it's a dictatorship. We are still at the mercy of Supreme Overlord Peppy

doesn't mean we can't try tho. Viva la Revolution!
*clicks peppy out of existence to the beat*
Zain Sugieres

Zain Sugieres wrote:

zain sugieres
dont care
dont care
dont care

there u go
Ive clearly given everything you wanted
Achromalia

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Zain Sugieres wrote:

zain sugieres
dont care
dont care
dont care

there u go

Achromalia wrote:

Now I'm inclined to believe you do care. If so, maybe fill out the registration form properly. "dont care" is not a vision for OT, for example.

I mean, initially I'd believe you didn't give a shit until you started complaining about tad not including you into the election considering your lack of any tangible information aside from Oh, woops, "don't care".

With an insufficient amount of information for the registration form, your candidacy can't be taken seriously.
What if we try filling it out in a way that it's directly applicable to the question?

For example:

Q - "What is your vision for OT?"
A - "I don't have a vision, I don't care to have one, etc."

Let's try this again.
Meah
Zain Sugieres for president!
Meah

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Zain Sugieres wrote:

zain sugieres
dont care
dont care
dont care

there u go
As expected of Zain-sama, your words moves people
Zain Sugieres
Despite continuous support from my countless supporters, my enemies still try and undermine my reputation! Really sad and miserable!
show more