forum

Fingerlock on high bpm but not on low bpm

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kittyvomit
When I'm playing low bpm maps, I can easily stream/alternate really well, once I start getting to around the 170+ bpm, my fingerlock starts really kicking in. It really annoys me because I've been fixing my fingerlock, and it's been working, but only on maps with 160bpm or below. I haven't been able to stream/alternate consistently on a map with or over 170bpm. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
abraker
curl your fingers
Topic Starter
kittyvomit

abraker wrote:

curl your fingers

i already curl my fingers quite a bit
RamenBucket
Try to relax your fingers, avoid moving your wrist too much during streaming, and don't tap too hard.
Topic Starter
kittyvomit

RamenBucket wrote:

Try to relax your fingers, avoid moving your wrist too much during streaming, and don't tap too hard.

I was trying this, and it works sometimes, but other times it just ends up with more fingerlock
Tad Fibonacci
instead of resting your stream hand on the desk, hold it straight up and position your fingers on the 2 buttons like a claw.
I tried that and it worked for me.
Anemic Witch
lol what? "try to relax your fingers" is the most hurtful advice for streaming. You don't "relax" when you do any physical activity and streaming faster than your comfort zone is a physical activity for your hand and fingers.

Try to strain your hand to the point where it doesn't feel uncomfortable, find suitable hand position and start playing some deathstream maps.
UnnamedBeast
dont tense up your hand or you'll end up streaming slower and probably getting rsi or carpal tunnel.

if you're streaming low bpms well it's probably not technique, it's just lack of practice.

play more 170bpm streams and go above.

do burst maps to get used to tapping fast.

good luck.
Brainage
I have the opposite problem, i can normally stream 220-170bpm fine but 160bpm i can't.
Topic Starter
kittyvomit

tad01123 wrote:

instead of resting your stream hand on the desk, hold it straight up and position your fingers on the 2 buttons like a claw.
I tried that and it worked for me.

This is just really uncomfortable to the point where I can barely hit any notes