forum

decay/speed stagnation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jonaak
I can't improve my speed no matter what I try. 1 straight month of high bpm maps (grumd, goreshit, etc), nothing. 2 months of stamina maps, slight improvement. And when I say months, I don't mean a few hours a week, I'm talking about grinding 5-9 hrs of osu EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I just feel like I've hit my biological limits of how fast my fingers can tap. I've tried to improve my technique by tapping lighter, tapping in a more relaxed fashion, using different keys, different ways of resting my hand on my desk, taking a few days off, NOTHING WORKS.

Occasionally I even get worse. One day I will go back to how I was a couple months ago, slower, and then I spend time trying to improve JUST TO GET BACK TO WHERE I WAS.

So yeah, I'm stuck around being comfortable at 190-200 bpm. Any higher and my fingers become ridiculously sluggish its not even funny. Just the fact that its a higher bpm just f*cks me over.
Brainage
Overplaying maybe? The only logical conclusion I could come to is that your fingers are constantly underperforming due to you overworking them. Give yourself a break if you're playing the game 5+ hours a day and only stream practicing. Stream practice isn't some everyday practice. That's how you tire yourself out. It's a few days a week thing.

Think of it as working out. Without performance-enhancing drugs, training your muscles every day would tear your muscles faster than it can regenerate tissue, slowly wearing at your performance over time.

tl:dr either take a break or steroids, would strongly recommend AGAINST the latter due to unwanted side effects.
Vuelo Eluko
You can be limited by your technique, are you not using claw grip to stream?
Implojin

Brainage wrote:

tl:dr either take a break or steroids, would strongly recommend AGAINST the latter due to unwanted side effects.

did you just mention steroids as a possibility to help play a circle clicking game

i mean, come on
katielikespp18
Move down to lower AR. What you want to aim for is control or preciseness. Speed is somewhat of an illusion. Remember that lower AR translates well to higher AR but it doesn't work well the other way around.
Vuelo Eluko

Discuzz wrote:

Speed is somewhat of an illusion.
lol wut

speed has nothing to do with AR