forum

PP system being bad for some people

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Ewan]
Just wondering, How many of you guys lost PP/rank from the new system?
im flat
fieryrage lost 200 iirc
Vuelo Eluko

im flat wrote:

fieryrage lost 200 iirc
good i get aids watching that guy double tap 300 bpm streams lol
DeletedUser_6869432
The changes were almost all buffs so it's pretty rare to see anyone lose any pp for this change. Kinda disappointing since it basically just inflated a lot of people's pp.
Vuelo Eluko

kacper124 wrote:

The changes were almost all buffs so it's pretty rare to see anyone lose any pp for this change. Kinda disappointing since it basically just inflated a lot of people's pp.
well if you didn't gain much pp compared to others (Seems that way to me you went from 43k to 40k as opposed to me going from 50k to 40k for example) it's because you are too 'meta', the buff intended to buff stuff that isn't considered meta is all such as weird angles and streams with directional changes. It's more accurate now that it isn't purely basing off of time and distance between objects so that's a good thing.

That being said, DT OD is still overweighted, i can't believe od7+dt or od8+dt are as hard to acc as modless od9/od9.7 and should be worth the same but maybe that's just because im a DT player that they feel so different. Modless players are always going to have the short end of the stick anyway because they can never ever go above od10.

I am not overly surprised I gained so much pp anyway, my scores are all very old. Those maps weren't made with any sort of pp meta in mind.

in any case if anyone feels the new system doesnt represent them well enough they are welcome to disprove it, the beauty of the pp system is that it is fair and objective and lets everyone go at it on an even playing field.
Justified

kacper124 wrote:

The diff spike nerf will deflate some of our pp anyways.
TecSopurtINDIA
BeasttrollMC has dropped from 37 to 54
DeletedUser_6869432

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

kacper124 wrote:

well if you didn't gain much pp compared to others (Seems that way to me you went from 43k to 40k as opposed to me going from 50k to 40k for example) it's because you are too 'meta', the buff intended to buff stuff that isn't considered meta

What I was trying to say is that I would rather have a large nerf to meta maps and a small buff to non meta maps rather than the other way around because I don’t want it to end up like mania with stupidly high pp plays.
Vuelo Eluko

kacper124 wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

kacper124 wrote:

well if you didn't gain much pp compared to others (Seems that way to me you went from 43k to 40k as opposed to me going from 50k to 40k for example) it's because you are too 'meta', the buff intended to buff stuff that isn't considered meta
What I was trying to say is that I would rather have a large nerf to meta maps and a small buff to non meta maps rather than the other way around because I don’t want it to end up like mania with stupidly high pp plays.
i think people are less receptive to a pp squish is all, anyway this seems to be im preparation of a soon to be nerf to diff spikes anyway so it will all likely even out in the end. Unfortunately if diff spikes are nerfed PONPONPON cancer prob becomes my top play again
N0thingSpecial
Leaderboard is the way
mulraf
i gained 100pp but basically stayed at the same rank even though they got rid of the inactive people :x well, at least 5.000pp boys :^)
MusicRitman
That PP system is good for those who played all with mods...
Shoy
Won 236 net pp actually. 4025 -> 4261.

I can't say thanks to what it is, I didn't followed at all this news about the PP system.
People are talking about mods, since I play only with HD on, I guess it's from here.
Frikandel
many people lost pp. How can the rest gank ranks otherwise?
Vuelo Eluko

Frikandel wrote:

many people lost pp. How can the rest gank ranks otherwise?
inactives were pruned fam... keep up.