forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sosteneshion
I was trying to improve my reflexes on league of legends, so I looked up on google for a game that would increase it.
beenSliced
Back in the days of Skype, my friend and I were talking and they were screen sharing a game which I later found out to be called osu!. They invited me to play some multi with them and I've been playing off and on ever since.
CYDER
cough ummmmm

ROBEATS

CandyBunnyGirl
I was watching videos for a different rhythm game for the ps4, when I saw several marked osu! and after watching them, wanted to try it out. I downloaded the game the same day lol
Kurosagi
I saw an osu! thread on /a/
caomk
I found Osu! from a friend on Garry's Mod surf.
dong
related videos from a touhou video (some IOSYS song). the first maps i downloaded and played were all touhou
Justified
Didn't know what to watch on twitch, so I decided to randomly watch osu for curiosity. At this time, OWC 2015 was happening and I had no idea what was going on but it was pretty interesting (never made my account back then because I was like this game is too weeb for me). Fast forward to 2017 where I watched OWC again and finally decided to give this game a try.
Apple_iFry
My laptop isn't good and I don't have any money so I looked up free games that would run on terrible computers and that's the story of how I found osu! the end.
NaeMoney
Watched a streamer called "Sodapoppin" react to gameplay of I and I decided to give it a download :)
[-Kazu-]
Someone on discord was flexing that they could play 3* maps, it looked fun so I got it.
Brainage
I don't actually remember how I found osu! but I remember that I played it to get better aim in Minecraft for 3 months offline before making an account on New Year's Eve 2017. The first map I ever downloaded was this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/653835

I found it in the description of a Miraie video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvmrEvwBROE

One of the first ever osu! videos I watched and the first Miraie video I watched. Got addicted to playing since the day I downloaded it and never looked back since. This game is going to be a part of me for years to come xD
extrasensory
A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to play it and I thought sure why not so here I am 4 years later...
birdie_byte
Weird ex-boyfriend (boyfriend at the time) showed it to me cause his friend was obsessed with it and got him into it. He knew I loved rhythm games. He put me on a hard beatmap right off the bat. Only every played rhythm games on ps4, mobile and arcade machines. Never touched it again until like a week or two ago. Its fun.
MediocreTactics
My friend once told me about this game, I played it for a bit then proceeded to play sparingly for about a year then a friend from discord invited me to a multi game and it'd really just gone on from there, they've stopped playing now but I'm on my to RSI baby!
Meah
Anime OST
RidiculousBox
I saw a gameplay video from my Ukrainian friend in April 2017, however, I registered here late because I didn't have a computer. I am enjoying this computer music game.
The Blakery
I discovered osu! through a friend of mine, asked him to give me his osu! files (because I had bad internet troubles for a few months, hence why I've only really been able to play online recently), been pretty addicted to it ever since!
KingOw
Friend recommended me osu oof
-LegeNd-
I found osu while playing minecraft lol, i discovered gayzmcgee was playing it so, i give it a shot and here i am
SepelaThons
Ever since I was a kid, I've always played and enjoyed rhythm games. And one day, youtube recommended me "and some said he never played osu again". After watching the video in awe, I decided I want to click circles for a living. But now I click arrows instead... ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
chenny
Friends.
Carmlillball
I used to play Rebeats, and, to make a map on there, you must make it on Osu and transfer it to Robeats. l decided 'so, l have this game, so why not experiment with it?'. l enjoyed so I stayed.
MuffinZGaming
I learned about osu! from a Miraie video in my recommended on YT

+1 postcount
SoonVirus
French League of Legends streamer who was playing osu between games
-[Verniy]-
I saw someone played osu when i was at internet cafe (2014). Its looks interesting so i download it on my own laptop, and then i played it until now xD
venetium
i thought osu was one in the same with obs. i was...youngish. then i found out what it was, picked it up, didn't play it for absolutely ages up until now. i've finally decided to start.
Bruck8
I was playing Wolf Team (a used-to-be-good game (now P2W)) and someone was playing really good so I asked him how he got so good and he told me, Osu! lmao
[ - Hinami - ]
I watched a video on Youtube by one of my favorite youtubers of that moment.
enenbon
A lot of my friends back in ~2015 were playing it, but I never really gave it a proper look until a few years later when one day a friend was over at my house and noticed osu!'s shortcut on my desktop and was like "Oh wow, you play osu! too?", to which I replied that I had it installed but I never actually played it. He showed me what the game was about and I've pretty much been playing it everyday since then. Funny to think that I could have never played osu! if my friend hadn't noticed the shortcut.
kakkoui
back in 2016 (maybe???) i found an osu gameplay video of rex duodecim angelus since i was a major homestuck fan at the time and thought the game looked interesting. didn't really play the game until last year and got hooky wookied. :^)
AQR8
I remember randomly watching an osu! video on youtube, then I decided to download it but I didn't actually play it until a couple of months later. But yea, I really enjoy playing osu!
Seat Ibiza TDI
My friend showed me a video of WWW playing scarlet rose HDHR, i was so impressed so later that day when i got back from school first thing I did was play osu with my friend. First map i downloaded was scarlet rose :D Failed so hard then haha
Niktushi
By the legendary video of WWW named "The impossible osu! beatmap"
Saracen
Beasttrollmc the big black
Kayleigh
I wanted to play another game, then I was recommended osu. :)
Diablo65
it was through gd from the big black
Lunaui
from gd and cookiezi
Alot
Don't remember exactly, it been a long time.

Either through StumbleUpon or Youtube
Mekki
my friend had it installed on his pc
show more