forum

[resolved] Problem downloading from bm6.ppy.sh

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zantetsuken
Problem details: when I want to download a beatmap its randomly picked from bm4 to bm6 subnet, thats fine but when it requests from bm6 one it just timeouts and never gets to download

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
bm5
bm6

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)

did my research in fórums but found those were fixed by themselves, not my case, been a few weeks like this and I would like you to support me through this and find a fix

Extra
C:\Users\*****>tracert bm6.ppy.sh

Traza a la dirección bm6.ppy.sh [198.251.90.183]
sobre un máximo de 30 saltos:

1 91 ms 95 ms 97 ms 192.168.1.254
2 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms 10.108.180.1
3 13 ms 12 ms 15 ms 10.192.39.169
4 14 ms 16 ms 15 ms 10.192.12.38
5 43 ms 36 ms 36 ms ix-et-9-1-5-0.tcore2.mln-miami.as6453.net [66.110.72.129]
6 37 ms 36 ms 37 ms 66.110.72.45
7 37 ms 37 ms 37 ms voxility.miami15.mia.seabone.net [89.221.41.122]
8 37 ms 37 ms 36 ms mia-nap-01c.voxility.net [5.254.114.194]
9 64 ms 63 ms 63 ms ash-eqx-01c.voxility.net [5.254.109.85]
10 65 ms 63 ms 63 ms ash-eqx-04sw.voxility.net [5.254.90.10]
11 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
12 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
13 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
14 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
15 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
16 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
17 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
18 * * * Tiempo de espera agota^C
Death
Try restarting your modem/router. If that doesn't work, might help to try running these commands to flush your DNS and reset ipconfig:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset
Topic Starter
Zantetsuken
still can't reach bm6.ppy.sh
Death
Maybe it's some firewall/av setting then that is blocking stuff it shouldn't? Or are you using a VPN or proxy? Sometimes that can cause issues.

Honestly based on the error you are receiving in in your browser it kind of sounds like the stuff in my last post should have worked, so I'm not sure what is causing the issue for you.
Topic Starter
Zantetsuken
Most certainly is the config in my PC, my phone is able to access bm6 just as fine as bm5 and bm4, not using VPN of any kind, neither a restrictive firewall setting, but who knows what Windows updates does in the computer config, not much interested in Windows anyway

But I would be glad if you guided me through all the alternatives
Death
This thread is for a different issue, but the steps in there might be worth trying.
Topic Starter
Zantetsuken
Didn't work, repeated all the steps and still can't access bm6
Death
You can probably Google the error message you are receiving in your browser and you'd find significantly more helpful answers than what I am able to give you.

Maybe try running those commands I gave you in an elevated command prompt if you didn't before (I probably should have said to do this initially).

I'm also curious why you mentioned Windows updates? Did you install updates recently?
Topic Starter
Zantetsuken
I executed the commands in the respective elevated command prompt without luck

Updates are downloaded automatically (slow ring), I don't do it manually because early updates as they are pushed publicly caused several problems for me in the past, its very possible these could be causing all this mess, but I really have no way to prove such thing
____________________________________________________________________________________

I got it fixed with this tool https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
with these settings
and performing a scan, restart pc and it was just done

the extra highlight could have been the culprit after all, its been countless times malwarebytes ocassional software install -> scan and cleanup has saved my ass, I still can't believe my junkyard AV and windows defender couldn't get this done, thank you for your support

AdwCleaner Log: https://pastebin.com/PrMakgqW

Edit: Anyway once lazer goes out I will be deleting Windows and making Ubuntu my main OS, its way better and once you get used to it, you realize Windows is way too intrusive