posted
Total Posts
show more
Penguin

Winnyace wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Brainage wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

my friends tell me I'm gay bc I like lolis. what should I do?
well it depends on your gender and the loli's gender. also it's not pedophilia to those who mentioned it, loli is a body type not an age thing.
oh boy... can't tell if you're actually retarded or trying to bait me
OPINION ALERT: the line between lolicon and pedophile is fragile. very fragile. but, if the line isn't crossed, then there isn't a problem to have here.

no a loli is a age thing most of the time. there are characters over 18 years old that look and act like a child tho.
Pedophile and lolicon mean the exact same thing, there is no line lmao. The only real difference is that the word lolicon is mostly referred to when it comes to anime/hentai and stuff in Japanese culture. People just try to downplay the fact that they're sexually objectifying prepubescent girls by saying "but its just cartoons!!!!"

The word "lolicon" (lolita complex) comes from a book written by Vladimir Nabokov called Lolita. It's a book about a middle-aged man that becomes sexually obsessed with a twelve-year-old girl. That's called pedophilia.

and don't get me started with the "argument/loophole" where the character is actually 100 years old or some shit. It doesn't change the fact that it's still a prepubescent child. IMO people who try to use that excuse are delusional.
abraker
There needs to be a separate term for such that doesn't have negative roots
Penguin

abraker wrote:

There needs to be a separate term for such that doesn't have negative roots
A different term for liking little anime girls, other than the one that stems from a novel about pedophilia? I'm perfectly fine with it remaining "lolicon" and "pedophile" since, you know, it's what they are. It is a negative thing to like prepubescent children, so why should there be a friendlier term that doesn't have negative roots?
abraker
We need something that allows one to describe the appearance of such without implying those roots, not a term for liking little anime girls.
Penguin
ah, okay. That makes sense now. Well, what's wrong with describing them as prepubescent girls? or as children?

edit: the reason why people refer to them as "lolis" is to hide from the fact that they are sexualizing little girls.
levesterz
Strawberry short pie
abraker
That doesn't clearly describe the intended style, namely being cute. And before you go ahead and link cute with sexual tendencies, that is definitely not what cute means. Otherwise you couldn't just walk to a parent and compliment on how cute their child is at a family gathering.
Penguin

abraker wrote:

That doesn't clearly describe the intended style, namely being cute. And before you go ahead and link cute with sexual tendencies, that is definitely not what cute means. Otherwise you couldn't just walk to a parent and compliment on how cute their child is at a family gathering.
No, I've been referring to the way people sexualize them and have sexual attractions. I completely understand what you mean when you say cute. There's already a term for what you're talking about.

moeDictionary result for moe
/ˈmōˌā/Submit
noun
(in the context of Japanese popular culture) the quality in a fictional female character of being youthfully innocent and vulnerable in an idealized way, perceived as eliciting feelings of affection or protectiveness.
abraker
I believe moe has less subjectivity and not necessarily related to one's opinion of cute. Consider the characters in K-On. I wouldn't really call them cute, but I would call them moe.
Penguin
eh, I'm really not into the Japanese culture enough to get into semantics like this. I'd just use the word cute or adorable or something.
abraker
"Cute anime girls" does sound a bit pervy
Meah
I'm moe
Penguin

Meah wrote:

I'm moe
I agree! I should've just linked your profile instead of pasting the definition tbh
Meah
Yes, I'm the very definition of it
Westonini
oh damn that's brazy
Brainage

Penguin wrote:

50% of people say it's an attraction to young-looking girls, 50% say it's where the female in question is prepubescent so i'll let you decide on that one
Topic Starter
Winnyace

Penguin wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Brainage wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

my friends tell me I'm gay bc I like lolis. what should I do?
well it depends on your gender and the loli's gender. also it's not pedophilia to those who mentioned it, loli is a body type not an age thing.
OPINION ALERT: the line between lolicon and pedophile is fragile. very fragile. but, if the line isn't crossed, then there isn't a problem to have here.

no a loli is a age thing most of the time. there are characters over 18 years old that look and act like a child tho.
Pedophile and lolicon mean the exact same thing, there is no line lmao. The only real difference is that the word lolicon is mostly referred to when it comes to anime/hentai and stuff in Japanese culture. People just try to downplay the fact that they're sexually objectifying prepubescent girls by saying "but its just cartoons!!!!"

The word "lolicon" (lolita complex) comes from a book written by Vladimir Nabokov called Lolita. It's a book about a middle-aged man that becomes sexually obsessed with a twelve-year-old girl. That's called pedophilia.

and don't get me started with the "argument/loophole" where the character is actually 100 years old or some shit. It doesn't change the fact that it's still a prepubescent child. IMO people who try to use that excuse are delusional.

to some degree, yea, lolicons are pedophiles. but, if lolicon in question doesn't cross the very blurry line for us (that being downloading, uploading and/or sharing loli hentai) then I don't see the problem. I myself have crossed this line but this is another can of worms

a lot of loli art it's very suggestive. it's quite hard to find normal, plain lolis that just smile and just sit there being lolis. (at least it's hard for me).
abraker
lolicon is a term that implies pedophile. There is only full 100 degrees of boiling hot FBI, not some degree.

loli is a more grey line term because it has different meaning depending on who you ask. Some associate it with lolicon while others don't. But ofc the more negative view is going to stick out more.
Penguin

Winnyace wrote:

I myself have crossed this line but this is another can of worms
Westonini
Penguin will remember that.
Topic Starter
Winnyace

Penguin wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

I myself have crossed this line but this is another can of worms

there goes all my rep I've built on this forums
abraker
you had none to begin with
which means you now have negative reputation
Aiseca
Negative stars are bad in game
Penguin
It is very hard to build back up from negative. Only time can heal such a wound.
Meah
Hello sir, this isn't FBI but can I have all of your addresses?
Westonini
no
Penguin

Brainage wrote:

Penguin wrote:

50% of people say it's an attraction to young-looking girls, 50% say it's where the female in question is prepubescent so i'll let you decide on that one

So basically you're saying it's possible that lolicons like lolis not for the fact that they're prepubescent girls, but for the fact that they LOOK like prepubescent girls? That's the exact same thing, there's absolutely no difference, lmao.

Again, the only reason why people would say that they're only attracted to the "look" of young girls and not the prepubescent aspect is to make themselves feel better about their pedophilic tendencies.

I'm not going to try talk to you about this anymore though, I highly doubt that I'll be able to get anything substantial from you and I still can't tell if you're trolling.
keremaru
lolis are not gay unless they're traps
then those lolis aren't gay unless they're reverse traps
then those lolis are reverse traps pretending to be traps pretending to be lolis when they could've been a loli from the get go

lolitsalex
Westonini
I'd like to think that most lolicons aren't into lolis because they're prepubescent girls, but perhaps instead it's because of their cuteness factor. They may be attracted to solely the cuteness of a quirky anime character but would be appalled by the thought of being attracted to an underage girl in real life because they don't see them anywhere near as cute if at all (their morals would also obviously play a factor). These anime characters were meant to be drawn up as being very cute and innocent just so they're likable by the viewers, but I'm thinking that some people may like this cuteness a bit.. more than others. But even so, if that's the case then I don't really care.

However if they're into lolis and find real life little girls cute then I start to get a bit suspicious..

I dunno, I just tend to avoid calling people pedophiles if they're into lolis because I don't know what's going through their heads and they may not see things the way I think they are (such as the example I mentioned above). Unless of course I know for a fact that they're actually attracted to young children, then that shits disgusting and I will definitely call them out on that.

I don't actually know anyone who's a lolicon, or have at least told me openly, so this is all pretty much just speculation since I've never been able to ask one what their reasons are for being one.
Penguin

Westonini wrote:

I'd like to think that most lolicons aren't into lolis because they're prepubescent girls, but perhaps instead it's because of their cuteness factor.

It doesn't matter why they like lolis, they still have a sexual attraction towards them, so it's still pedophilic.

If someone finds lolis cute/adorable and only that, then they aren't lolicons. The definition of a "lolicon" pertains to the sexual attraction to lolis. Finding them cute is, like I talked about with abraker above, because of the "moe" aspect.
Westonini
What I was trying to get at is that some may be sexually attracted to things that they perceive as cute, with lolis just being something that they see as cute. So therefore, the reason they're sexually attracted to them isn't because they're young, but because they're cute. If that's the case, what if they find cuteness from art of drawn 2D characters which the artists purposefully drew to be very cute, but don't find cuteness from actual children? I'm betting that a good amount of people who are sexually attracted to lolis are also attracted to adult anime characters as well, because its in the same cute anime art form.

I'm getting a weird, uncomfortable vibe now from this lolicon discussion so I think I'll just stop it here. And hopefully you aren't getting the wrong idea, I'm not saying I'm right about this or anything, this is just a theory that crossed my mind and I thought it'd be an interesting idea to think about. It's just that it seems like there are so many people out there that consider themselves to be lolicons, and with that amount of people I'd hope the reason that most have to like lolis isn't because of the age, but instead some other reason I'm just not seeing on the surface. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic though.
Penguin
Hmm, yeah I see what you're trying to get at with the "cute anime" perspective. I would hope that people would realise that it's wrong to sexualize young anime girls though, but most don't.

Don't worry, I understand what you're saying, and I'm sorry if I make anyone uncomfortable with this stuff.
Tad Fibonacci
Ok, next discussion: Is it ok to like NTR?

I have a friend who said he likes NTR.
At first I thought maybe it's just he just have the fetish of liking heroines getting violated by disgusting looking dudes but he actually confessed that he imagines to be the guys who're getting NTR'd.

Did I just lost a friend to the depths of the internet?
Can I still save him?
Topic Starter
Winnyace

abraker wrote:

you had none to begin with
which means you now have negative reputation
true.
Penguin

tad01123 wrote:

At first I thought maybe it's just he just have the fetish of liking heroines getting violated by disgusting looking dudes but he actually confessed that he imagines to be the guys who're getting NTR'd.

Can I still save him?
Could you explain what NTR is? I tried looking up a definition, but I'm getting mixed answers.
Tad Fibonacci

Penguin wrote:

tad01123 wrote:

Can I still save him?
Could you explain what NTR is? I tried looking up a definition, but I'm getting mixed answers.
Here's the most correct one I found.

levesterz
Freindzoned
Penguin
Okay, I think I understand now. So your friend likes to imagine he's the one who's getting his Significant other taken away from him? Or does he imagine he's the one taking?
Meah
Just simply cheating
Tad Fibonacci

Penguin wrote:

Okay, I think I understand now. So your friend likes to imagine he's the one who's getting his Significant other taken away from him? Or does he imagine he's the one taking?
The first one.
The second one if often called reverse NTR.
show more