I've waxed my tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mdev
[Gameplay] [Tablet-Surface] [Fun] [Story-Time] [Actually-True]

This title is absolutely not clickbait.

~Preamble~
I play with a dragging play style. But when I get nervous I push my pen too hard to my tablet,

So... recently I noticed that my play style is not beneficial at all for my tablet and pen. My pen tips are deteriorating quite fast and my tablet is getting all scratchy. I was thinking.. what could be the cheapest and fastest solution to this... And I've found the answer pretty randomly.. While I was thinking I've walked by a candle.. and it reminded me..

Back in the day I used to go skateboarding on rough spots.. The solution there to make the surface slippery was wax... So I thought.. what could be the difference?

~Taking an action~
I've rethinked my play style. I knew I had a stable hand position so if the tablet is too slippery it's not really a problem. (Actually if the tab is not slippery.. my style is pretty much holds me back..)

Before I took action I checked my house for other solutions.. but I couldn't came up with anything.. foils and papers wasn't slippery enough. It was my time to take action.

I grabbed the candle and put my pen tip in it. I cleaned of the extra wax from the tip and tried to use the pen like this.

It was very impressive actually! I felt like there is almost nothing holding back my pen. It wasn't enough... I grabbed the candle once more and I scooped out a thin layer of wax and rubbed it on the surface of my tab.

When I played with this.. It felt like the pen was actually hovering above the tab. It was amazing.

After like 10-15 tries.. I've set my new top pp record. Which is a pretty a big deal for me, cause these days I've just slided downhill on the leaderboard.

It was quite the experience!

~ The not so interesting life and play style of a stupid/creative osu! player ~

You've read the whole thing? Nice!
What's your thoughts on this?
Don't take this so seriously.. but it's true ;) #waxyourtab
abraker

Vuelo Eluko

abraker wrote:

>mania player

grats, you got over a mental block with a small change-up, sometimes i find I can pass a map with way fewer misses suddenly just by making my area smaller or tilting my hand at a different angle lol. Sometimes muscle memory feels more like an obstacle than useful.
Topic Starter
mdev

abraker wrote:

It does smell awful actually.. But I love DT. What can I do? :D
Chintam
If you want to reduce friction. Buy a glass screen protector and stick it on your tablet.
Full Tablet

Chintam wrote:

If you want to reduce friction. Buy a glass screen protector and stick it on your tablet.

Those still have quite a lot of friction. I have put cooking oil on my cellphone screen to play games that require a lot of dragging/sliding.
Chintam

Full Tablet wrote:

Chintam wrote:

Those still have quite a lot of friction. I have put cooking oil on my cellphone screen to play games that require a lot of dragging/sliding.

I'm talking about screen protectors made out of glass, not ones made out of plastic.