forum

Community Effort: Taiko Time Challenge

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
So for many years now the top 5 most played maps on any given day have generally been 5 PP farm Standard maps.

Well as a community effort I have been talking to several people and we’d like to <for one day> make a Taiko Map the most played map and on the front page of the osu website.

When: January 16th, 2019
Map: Taiko Time https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/24320#taiko/90616

Additional info:
  1. Must get at least 10k score on an attempt to count as a play
  2. Song doesn’t need to be passed/completed
  3. Converts count for the standard diffs in the set

The more people we can get in on this the easier it’ll be so spread the word and tell all Taiko players you know to spam Taiko Time map on January 16th. Let’s for the first time ever overthrow standards dominance on most played maps for a day!
giyokon
recruiting o7
Yona
Player-
woke
chayleaf
Good idea, I'm in. If you have any friends from other modes, you can ask them for help too as getting 10k score isn't too hard even by simply spamming.
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Yeah if you play the inner Oni with HR you just need to hit the opening finishers and first spinner with SS and you have the 10k.

DTHR you need to play 1 or 2 notes past the spinner.

Only takes about 5 seconds to get the score needed and it’s 1/1 finishers so even non-Taiko players can get it quickly
LordAverage
Once you get 10k score you can just restart and it will count?
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

LordAverage wrote:

Once you get 10k score you can just restart and it will count?

Yes, I found this out from a player who was trying to get the “obsessed” achievement and they needed 50 retries on a map
Li77L3
You got it doood
Cynplytholowazy
I think you should also mention it should be in UTC +0 time lol

Also I'm totally in
ITotallyGetThat
3 weeks to tiako time
A Moon Gust
1 week until Taiko Time.
Catgirl
if someone reminds me i'll grind the insane diff on standard to get the FC i wanted for a while because it still counts cause it's in the same mapset :joy:
[Zeth]
Count me in
ProbablyOswald
Dang, this will be happening when I have exams. ;^(
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

-GN Junior wrote:

I think you should also mention it should be in UTC +0 time lol

Also I'm totally in

I agree it should br UTC+0 but not from 0UTC to 24UTC as these hours would be inconvenient for alot of people. Instead I propose doing 12UTC on the 16th to 12UTC on the 17th for our “In the last 24 hours”
animexamera
hype guys
dragonworm
1 day until taiko time
Kasumi-sama
we taiko gaming
Jaye
It's Taiko Time lads!
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Hey Guys important update. I found out through some testing that 10K score is not enough. You need 10K Score + Certain amount of time played. Not sure on the exact same time but I found that doing 1 of the criteria and not the other wouldn't count as a play. My guess is it seems to be somewhere in the ballpark of 5-15 seconds to count as a play
DarkStoorM
Looks like 6 seconds was enough, and I guess it counts as a valid play if it's visible in osu! API.
Retried before the second spinner and after, and it counts.

Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Thanks for doing the research. Did you try doing with DT up to 2nd spinner out of curiosity? Wondering if that works or not
DarkStoorM
Yes, these were the DT plays as you see in the table, so I guess it also works. Nomod, DT, before and after the second spinner, they all show up

/late