forum

[osu!std] 1/13/19 GYZE - HONESTY by Bibbity Bill

posted
Total Posts

Should GYZE - HONESTY by Bibbity Bill be Loved?

Yes
87.03%
No
12.97%
Total votes: 817
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
GYZE - HONESTY by Bibbity Bill
Captain's Description (by BeasttrollMC):
After the widespread success of Bibbity Bill's ranked set, he decided to parodize his creation by debuting a TV-sized version of GYZE's ""HONESTY"". As ridiculous as it sounds, the mapset is actually pretty darn good, with each guest difficulty bringing some new and interesting twist to the song. There are too many difficulties to give each a description, but here are the ones I highly recommend trying before voting:
BoshyMan's EX-Speed Demon - For players on crackJ1's Hi-Tech Ultraspeed INSANITY - Honesty but a tech mapAgorate's 1 2 1 2 - Honesty but anime styledSeeNaRee's Oof - Try single tapping this
As much of a joke this mapset is, it seems to have resonated with quite a bit of the community, as it garnered over 130 favorites already, but does it belong in Loved? That's for you to decide.

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 7 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/855911
huu
the saga continues
DeletedUser_12995503
oh god oh fuck
Xen
vote yes for J1's Hi-Tech Ultraspeed INSANITY !!!!
SWAG_MESSIAH
yeaJ
Riyu
Let's go!!!
Suyong_
Holy xD
s0m3guy
pogchamp
Cris-
Bibbity Bill (mapper of HONESTY) mapping another HONESTY version (mapped by Bibbity Bill (mapper of HONESTY (#1 GLOBAL in kudosu ranking)))
Glaceon
this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map. this is a good map. please love this map.
Renumi
voting yes for tynamo
-_Natsuki_
Oh yesn't
realy0_
yesn't
Hari
wow bill wow
Trynna
Streamz,
Kasumi-sama
why
Kento
Holy aaaaaa
MrCrowley
POG
dorsalplum
ok

this is epic
Penguin
I personally feel like these types of maps have no place in the loved section. I'd much rather have quality maps that deserve attention and recognition, instead of obvious joke maps like this one. Overmapped beatmaps are perfectly fine candidates to be loved. They play a huge role in the loved section, as long as it is quality and shows that effort was put into it. Most of the "overmapped" beatmaps in loved comprise of actual quality. This map is not one of those though.

"Loved is a beatmap section where beatmap sets that have received a lot of attention from the community can obtain a scoreboard all of their own."

Unfortunately, this community loves their shitty "meme" maps... so now it's up to the voting phase... I really hope this doesn't get loved.
Bibbity Bill

Penguin wrote:

I personally feel like these types of maps have no place in the loved section. I'd much rather have quality maps that deserve attention and recognition, instead of obvious joke maps like this one. Overmapped beatmaps are perfectly fine candidates to be loved. They play a huge role in the loved section, as long as it is quality and shows that effort was put into it. Most of the "overmapped" beatmaps in loved comprise of actual quality. This map is not one of those though.

"Loved is a beatmap section where beatmap sets that have received a lot of attention from the community can obtain a scoreboard all of their own."

Unfortunately, this community loves their shitty "meme" maps... so now it's up to the voting phase... I really hope this doesn't get loved.

I mean loved maps really arn't the epitome of quality beatmaps, and for the most part all the gders did put alot of effort into their maps and make them the best they could to their ability. I informed everyone that the voting was soon and they should polish up their difficulty to show the best of their mapping and some even remapped complete difficultys so unless you've re-downloaded the map recently I'm sure you havent seen the changes. Sure the difficultys arn't really rankable but it was never intended for that in the first place, and to me loved is a spot where maps that people mapped for fun and then happened to be liked by the community come to flourish, and meanwhile ranked maps is where quality beatmaps reside. And I'm sure other deserving beatmaps will get their spot to be on the voting too eventually.
Mayflower
Think this makes the loved section look really bad, I mean like there should be some quality standard. Otherwise mappers are gonna push to rank maps that are borderline 2B and belong in loved, simply because they don’t want to associate their map with those in the loved section. But who am I kidding it’s a good meme I vote yes
Deca
honestly there's already no quality standard in Loved anyway it's not like any serious mapper would rather have their map loved than ranked
Penguin

Bibbity Bill wrote:

I mean loved maps really arn't the epitome of quality beatmaps, and for the most part all the gders did put alot of effort into their maps and make them the best they could to their ability. I informed everyone that the voting was soon and they should polish up their difficulty to show the best of their mapping and some even remapped complete difficultys so unless you've re-downloaded the map recently I'm sure you havent seen the changes. Sure the difficultys arn't really rankable but it was never intended for that in the first place, and to me loved is a spot where maps that people mapped for fun and then happened to be liked by the community come to flourish, and meanwhile ranked maps is where quality beatmaps reside. And I'm sure other deserving beatmaps will get their spot to be on the voting too eventually.

There are PLENTY of quality loved maps though, so to use the excuse that loved isn't the "epitome of quality" just kinda sucks. You saying that shows that people already think low of the Loved section, which sucks for the mappers and maps that are of great quality. There are a lot of maps in loved that were created before this category even existed with no intent to be loved. Obviously this section won't be quality if people vote for maps that have no quality.

I have differing opinions on what the loved category should be. Loved should not be thought of as the "for fun, shitmap" section. "For fun" maps are perfectly capable of flourishing in graveyard. It is a community-driven effort though, so ultimately, it's up to the community.
semaphore

Penguin wrote:

just because honesty became a meme mate doesn't mean the difficulties are low quality
i know for a fact i put a damn good amount of effort into my difficulty making the streams look nice and that
Bibbity Bill

Penguin wrote:

Bibbity Bill wrote:

There are PLENTY of quality loved maps though, so to use the excuse that loved isn't the "epitome of quality" just kinda sucks. You saying that shows that people already think low of the Loved section, which sucks for the mappers and maps that are of great quality. There are a lot of maps in loved that were created before this category even existed with no intent to be loved. Obviously this section won't be quality if people vote for maps that have no quality.

I have differing opinions on what the loved category should be. Loved should not be thought of as the "for fun, shitmap" section. "For fun" maps are perfectly capable of flourishing in graveyard. It is a community-driven effort though, so ultimately, it's up to the community.

Yea I mean fair point, but acting like no map besides quality maps that need more recognition (when they probably already are popular in the first place) is all that should belong when most players can't tell whats a 'mediocore' and 'above average' beatmap is just a bit unfair for the larger community who just play beatmaps to have fun on. I also had no intention of having this loved originally but the community ended up liking this map so I decided to try to push for more quality standards than before with it, so then if it does get loved they get the best map possible. I mean how is it fair for all the good difficultys to be denied a chance at loved because 1-2 maps arn't really the best? Does it bring down the other difficultys by having other ones in there that were before the quality purge. I mean I would remove them, but I feel like it's not fair to just remove difficultys all of a sudden without talking with people if that's what you would think would make this mapset better.
-Trinity-

Penguin wrote:

You're entitled to your own wrong opinion, however saying this mapset is just a joke is completely wrong. Have you even looked at the spread? meme maps are not a problem if they are high quality. Most of these difficulties are not only high qualities, but give a different spin on the song itself. Nearly every type of player can pick this map up and have fun with it as well as be challenged. Why shouldn't a map like that be loved?
Mayflower

Deca wrote:

honestly there's already no quality standard in Loved anyway it's not like any serious mapper would rather have their map loved than ranked

Yeahhh but people who don’t want to go through the ranking process and want to map something unrankable but still playable and good is what loved should be for to me. 🤷‍♀️
Haxwill

Penguin wrote:

I mean like you said, if the community wants it in there there's nothing to stop it even if not every diff is "high quality." as it stands it's around 86-87% voted yes so it's probably getting approved but if majority people didn't want it in there then it wouldn't have the approval. Though at the end of the day no one is forcing anyone to play these maps and you don't have to play them if you don't want to
SHOGUNMOON00999
1-2 lol