forum

[osu!std] 1/13/19 TWICE - LIKEY by CharmCaster

posted
Total Posts

Should TWICE - LIKEY by CharmCaster be Loved?

Yes
74.89%
No
25.11%
Total votes: 227
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
TWICE - LIKEY by CharmCaster
Captain's Description (by DigitalHypno):
Hey TWICE fans, here's another mapset you can add to your collections! CharmCaster's set of LIKEY, with guest difficulties from cosmiccc, Simuzax, and Sing, has a full spread ranging from mid-1 stars to low-6. Though there are similarities, this mapset is much more jump-focused than the ranked set, truly getting your cursor moving with the song. With the mapset already having over 200 favorites, I'm sure many of you have been waiting for this map to have a chance to shine. If you're craving more TWICE in the Loved section, drop a vote on this map and show your support!

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 7 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/855911
Lefafel
This belongs in ranked, not Loved.
iPhong

Lefafel wrote:

Hope you read the map description. The map creator wanted this map to be LOVED.
Hari

Lefafel wrote:

same
worst fl player

Lefafel wrote:

Fragmented
i want it loved because i have irl stuff to do and it'll be difficult for me to juggle, plus my motivation is literally gone :(
Provolonex
Last time I checked the creator can unlove a map if he wants it to be ranked, so please don't vote "no" when you think a map deserves to be ranked not loved, it will probably make it end up in the graveyard forever.
zIxWHITExIz
LOADS of loved maps should be ranked. "Jeff williams - Die" is a perfect example of this, and that has an extremely high rating. I don't see why this map should be singled out for it. That's an issue with the loved section as a whole, not just this map.
Alvieee

zIxWHITExIz wrote:

LOADS of loved maps should be ranked. "Jeff williams - Die" is a perfect example of this, and that has an extremely high rating. I don't see why this map should be singled out for it. That's an issue with the loved section as a whole, not just this map.

You know... sometimes, ranking a map is just almost impossible for most of the mappers without any ranked maps, even if the mapper has huge experience in mapping and the map itself is fully rankable. It's all just about spamming the modding queue for mods (also you'll get useless mods very often), and that can take hundreds of posts for those mappers who tries to get few mods. And when you finally got enough mods, You can start spamming BN's queues, and that takes dozens of posts. Also i forgot to mention the modding queues individual rules that they want you to post only stuff like TV-Sized maps or only anime songs and other stuff like that, so you'll skip most of the queues. Now look, I've been trying to rank one map for almost 2 years i think. I got the mods, then i spammed almost all of the BN's queues (Some BNs doesn't even open their queues for like ever, and some of them don't accept requests at all, or maybe few times per year). I've been trying to rank the a-ha - Take On Me map as well for very long time too, as you can see, it didn't work. So now tell me. Would you spend years trying to rank one map even when you have like 3-4 years of experience in mapping, or would you just put it in loved and wait few weeks when you have the opportunity?
Fragmented

Alvieee wrote:

zIxWHITExIz wrote:

You know... sometimes, ranking a map is just almost impossible for most of the mappers without any ranked maps, even if the mapper has huge experience in mapping and the map itself is fully rankable. It's all just about spamming the modding queue for mods (also you'll get useless mods very often), and that can take hundreds of posts for those mappers who tries to get few mods. And when you finally got enough mods, You can start spamming BN's queues, and that takes dozens of posts. Also i forgot to mention the modding queues individual rules that they want you to post only stuff like TV-Sized maps or only anime songs and other stuff like that, so you'll skip most of the queues. Now look, I've been trying to rank one map for almost 2 years i think. I got the mods, then i spammed almost all of the BN's queues (Some BNs doesn't even open their queues for like ever, and some of them don't accept requests at all, or maybe few times per year). I've been trying to rank the a-ha - Take On Me map as well for very long time too, as you can see, it didn't work. So now tell me. Would you spend years trying to rank one map even when you have like 3-4 years of experience in mapping, or would you just put it in loved and wait few weeks when you have the opportunity?

preach, say it louder for the people at the back please
worst fl player
Understandable reason to be honest, now I take back what I quoted.
HewwoVanilla
its a pretty good map
zIxWHITExIz

Alvieee wrote:

zIxWHITExIz wrote:

I totally get it, and I respect the choice to go for loved. Both sets deserve the attention. When i said "That's an issue with the loved section as a whole," i didn't mean that as an insult to the maps getting loved, more just a jab at the way things work behind the scenes, like you just described. I should really have explained myself a lot better. I'm very sorry if it seemed like i was insulting these sets, that wasn't my intention at all. I was trying to sort of divert the criticism away from the map and onto the whole system behind everything, because that's where the issue lies. I'm so bad with my words, i'm so sorry. I completely support these sets getting loved, and i'm hoping they both do <3
Seoyeon
very good UWU
Lefafel

Lefafel wrote: