forum

Stuck at 3*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xyphoes
Right now, i am stuck at songs with a lot of quick streams and off screen jumps. I can currently do songs up to 3.7 to 3.8*
I have also been changing me sensitivity cuz it seems to have stopped me from overjumping. Anyways, i need tips on how to get out of the 3* range i've been stuck for a long time now.
Also, no 'buy tablet pleb' crap
Akof
buying a tablet can help, but it isnt necessary. You can improve your techniques in many ways. First you should get used to a single sensitivity and stick to it. Another thing you could do is if you have problems aiming maps, try doing it with Relax on because it helps you understand and makes the map seem slower. Also hate to be that guy but, play more.
Daylight--
UnnamedBeast
honestly? play different maps, don't retry, and try getting the lower 3* maps with good acc. specially the stream maps. I suggest you do all maps from 120 to 140 from this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aQ0myjCDfM6AGu8vhrTFc_Fw7H7Y-Moda-PGeXu_3bY/edit?richtext=true#gid=0

anytime you have issues with streaming you should use that spreadsheet and get as much acc as possible. your finger control will be godtier if you do
Juuuuuuuuul
- Download 5000 beatmaps
- Sort them by difficulty
- Play them all starting at easy, don't skip stuff, don't retry more than a couple times
- Don't play tired
- Have fun
UnnamedBeast

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

- Download 5000 beatmaps
- Sort them by difficulty
- Play them all starting at easy, don't skip stuff, don't retry more than a couple times
- Don't play tired
- Have fun

only skip stuff if the difficulty becomes way too easy
im flat
buying a tablet will help though
C15U

im flat wrote:

No it won't.

Maybe you're doing something fundamentally wrong. My guess is you focus too much on approach circles. You should just "buffer" all circles that appear on screen in their order, and then use your rhythm sense to click them to the beat. If you don't know what I mean just try playing HD.
im flat

Gornius wrote:

im flat wrote:

No it won't.

Maybe you're doing something fundamentally wrong. My guess is you focus too much on approach circles. You should just "buffer" all circles that appear on screen in their order, and then use your rhythm sense to click them to the beat. If you don't know what I mean just try playing HD.

tablet won't help? lol ok
lewski

im flat wrote:

tablet won't help? lol ok

Why would it help? Having to get used to a completely different input device would only increase the time OP has to play before seeing noticeable improvement.
Darud3
Here’s a different approach: stop playing 3*s. Sounds dumb, but that’s what I did. I never play for pp and I only ever play maps I can barely pass or can’t pass at all. It might not work for you, it might work. I’d say keep going and playing hard maps while mixing it up. After all, the only thing that will REALLY get you ready for harder maps are hard maps. When I was stuck at a difficulty, I just kept playing stuff I struggled with and it worked. It’s just recently that I’ve started to go back and start working on FCing lower diffs. Also, don’t retry maps over and over
KupcaH

Darud3 wrote:

Here’s a different approach: stop playing 3*s. Sounds dumb, but that’s what I did. I never play for pp and I only ever play maps I can barely pass or can’t pass at all.
Op, don't do this, unless you want to end up playing whack-a-mole game with 80% accuracy.

Also, can you show these maps that have:

Xyphoes wrote:

i am stuck at songs with a lot of quick streams and off screen jumps.
Because <4* maps shouldn't have neither of these.

Anyway, you should just do what Juuuuuuuuul said. Download more maps, play through a lot of different maps, retry less and play more.
Topic Starter
Xyphoes
Kay, i can finally do 4*'s.
Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate it.
chenny
Play longer maps and get more consistent.
N0thingSpecial
I have a question

chenny wrote:

Play longer maps and get more consistent.

How does someone find the necessity to bring up a 1 month old topic