forum

The "play more" paradox

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Endoresurain
I hear many tips from this community is that the more you play, the better you become. Well, it's true that you improve when you play more.

But in my case, I "overplayed". Meaning that I played more than I should without resting my muscle, it backfired heavily and causes my skills to deteriorate instead of improve. I spent too much time playing that my reading is no longer in order, my aim is no longer accurate, and my jumps missed everywhere. I'm too focused into breaking old records that I forgot when to stop, or when to quit and I keep playing over and over trying to achieve high score but never got it because my muscle overworked itself and I couldn't achieve anything.

So what I do right now is to take a break and patiently wait for a few days and then return but this time I will take my efforts into consideration and not repeating the same mistake again. I hope you guys won't repeat my mistake and don't take the game too seriously and forget how to enjoy the game. Also, overworking is not something to be proud of when you are destroying yourself.
UnnamedBeast
skill is mental not physical

you played maps too hard

you retry too much

you play the same maps

you didnt play near enough

you've had like 800 plays in the last month lmao
N0thingSpecial
I took a 1 year break and I’ve been decaying since.

Play more.
Justified
I really doubt that you "overplayed" based on your playcount
WillCookie
when we say “play more,” we meant normal gameplay. don’t play without resting, or you will actually hurt yourself (you already did).
also, i doubt that you overplayed. i have a higher playcount just from regular gameplay (and i don’t retry maps that often)
so here’s my advice: play more without straining yourself
mulraf
lol.
i have days where i play as much as you play in 1 month. looking at your november i have days where i play 10x as much as you in a month.
and i've been doing this for 7 years..
it's fun. play more.
if anything hurts: stop instantly. but i think that's just logical anyways.
also don't play too hard maps for too long. stay around your skill level or if you want to give this 7* map a go even though you usually play 3*, well fine, but do maybe one or two tries and then go back to your skill level. especially don't overdo it in terms of streaming. death streams really deserved the 'death' in their name in case you're new.
Kuroni
You wanna know what "overplayed" means? Look at my first month playcount
Brainage

blackmen2x wrote:

Can we just take the time to appreciate that you are at 37k ranking in 3 months? Holy shit that's good nearly 10k playcount
UnnamedBeast

Brainage wrote:

blackmen2x wrote:

Can we just take the time to appreciate that you are at 37k ranking in 3 months? Holy shit that's good nearly 10k playcount

that's the fruit of his loins
HeyImNik

Brainage wrote:

blackmen2x wrote:

What did you expect? lol
With this much free time, anyone can get that.
I am jealous af of how much free time the dude has.
mulraf

Brainage wrote:

blackmen2x wrote:

hoyl guacamoil (this guy really seems to enjoy game a lot)
Kuroni

Brainage wrote:

blackmen2x wrote:

Yeah but i mean if someone spread their time to play and rest evenly then i'm pretty sure their rank would be much higher than me with the same playtime and playcount. I just overplayed and tortured my muscle with the shortest time possible :<
DXPOHIHIHI
Your definition of overplayed is not even close to my definiton of chill play