forum

Hand stretching before playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deva
I'm really curious about stuff people do before playing that includes hand stretches and your weird ways to warm up.

So basically what do you do to warm up/stretch before osu that's not osu?

In my case it's this and I find it extremely helpful since for me about 30 seconds of doing these stretches equals warming up for 1 hour in osu.

mulraf
Nothing.
But before mania i do what the doctor guy on the happystick video said (dr. levy or something? XD) on phone rn so can't look for it but i'll paste it in here afterwards. It's actually meant for osu but idk mania is the only thing that makes my hands feel uncomfortable. Probably bc only my osu streaming hand is used to doing stuff this fast
im flat
I just sleep and play the game
lewski

im flat wrote:

Do you sleep with your eyes open or have you just memorised some maps well enough to play them while asleep
im flat

lewdski wrote:

im flat wrote:

Do you sleep with your eyes open or have you just memorised some maps well enough to play them while asleep

memorized them well enough :3
Topic Starter
Deva
Well that wasn't very helpful...
SpasticSurgeon
I do a little bit of "yoga" stretches like moving my head smoothly in a circle, rotating my hands as I move them outwards, and then reeling them back in. I just try to loosen up as much as possible.

Then I will move onto stretching specific things like my shoulder/back and of course my hands. I like to pull my arms across my chest and behind my head for the shoulders, and for the back I will touch my toes or link my fingers and push my hands far away while standing up straight. That last one is hard to explain but really works well.

For hands I like to put arm straight in front of me and pull my fingers underneath the hand, and then pull them above the hand.
VinZentVanDough
playing other games besides osu