forum

[osu!std] 12/02/18 Principal Skinner and Superintendent Chalmers - Steamed Hams by ProfessionalBox

posted
Total Posts

Should Principal Skinner and Superintendent Chalmers - Steamed Hams by ProfessionalBox be Loved?

Yes
87.14%
No
12.86%
Total votes: 964
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
Principal Skinner and Superintendent Chalmers - Steamed Hams by ProfessionalBox
Captain's Description (by DigitalHypno):
Many of you may recognize this iconic scene from The Simpsons; it's an everlasting meme filled with unmatched potential. This map by ProfessionalBox certainly puts that potential to good use: it's a low-4-star beatmap of the entire scene, mapped in a professional style (unintended pun, ok...). The scene begins with the character Principal Skinner inviting Superintendent Chalmers to an """"unforgettable luncheon"""". But... what's this? Skinner burned the dinner in the oven! What will his plan be to make sure his meal with the superintendent is still an unforgettable luncheon!? If you don't already know, check out the map to find out! If you do know, you should still check out the map—I'm sure you'll love it!

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 7 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/837095
huu
JUSTICE FOR STEAMED HAMS
FINGERLOCK
How did this not make it the first time?
huu

FINGERLOCK wrote:

How did this not make it the first time?

Threshold was 90%, it only got 85%. Threshold was later changed and it went up back for voting.
Duskyui
YES STEAMED HAMS REDEMPTION LET'S GO
worst fl player
Skinner!
mikku1
Why not this map's ok
I mean the meme died a while ago but I like this map
Data Bytten
we are not losing this again
CubeBag
AURORA BOREALIS?
AndrewRK
pls
xMedi
Though I'm not the greatest fan of the map itself, it was one of the maps that brought me to osu, and it would be interesting to see some scores on it!
maeve
why are so many people voting no? it kind of sucks bc i think it would be cool to see this map loved.
CubeBag
The map already reached the 85% mark, so why is there so much more no than last time? Don't vote no because it's a dead meme. Vote yes because the map is good and deserves loved status.

Many other maps can be fixed to conform to Ranked because they “represent music” if they do not hit 85%, but this is the last shot Steamed Hams has at gaining any status at all. Let’s bring it to Loved!
huu
It's a lost cause. I don't think it can reach 85% in the remaining 3 & a half days. We fought valiantly, men. :(
CubeBag
From the subreddit:

> 9. Posts and comments must not contain any attempt to influence voting.

Would that include influencing a Loved vote?
Duskyui

CubeBag wrote:

From the subreddit:

> 9. Posts and comments must not contain any attempt to influence voting.

Would that include influencing a Loved vote?

think it only counts for karma might be wrong tho

23% downvotes wtF comon guys
dorsalplum
imo this dosnt deserved love its low effort and there are plenty others that deserve loved
nik

dorsalplum wrote:

imo this dosnt deserved love its low effort and there are plenty others that deserve loved

the fact that there are other maps that deserve to get loved doesnt mean this cant. its not a competition, all maps that get above the threshold will get loved. and people dont have a limit to voting so they cant """waste""" their votes on a map
Astreachan
Why did people vote "no" for a map that is totally original and a very good hard work, timed very well and very good mapping on it!

it's an Aspire level
Scarlet Evans
I bet that some people voting "NO" didn't even checked out the map.. ehhh....

Maybe it should work like voting on best maps of the year, where only people who played the map can vote? (I saw such idea on reddit, but maybe it's asking too much, as it would require some serious developing power here :()
Izzywing
please this can't fail again
clayton
Azu
REDEMPTION
Nightlys
do your part
dong
doing my part. vote yes today, for the most wonderfully executed meme osu!
ac8129464363
how is this still losing he literally made a clip from a tv show playable
Greydus

deetz wrote:

how is this still losing he literally made a clip from a tv show playable

that might be it, nowadays people prefer a map to be difficult for them
show more