forum

[osu!mania] 12/02/18 Camellia - GHOST by Gekido-

posted
Total Posts

Should Camellia - GHOST by Gekido- be Loved?

Yes
66.58%
No
33.42%
Total votes: 383
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
Camellia - GHOST by Gekido-
Captain's Description (by TheToaphster):
Peeking its head out yet again after its use as finals tiebreaker in two of the biggest 4K tournaments of 2018, SOFT3 and MWC 4K 2018, is GHOST, an absolute monster of a chart created by none other than Gekido-, a well known figure in the community for his capabilities with many different chart elements, like long notes, tech, and in some cases even SV. Such is the case with GHOST, being an amalgamation of these different elements, pushing the physical capabilities of the players' speed, long notes, tech, and SV reading capabilities to their limits. For these reasons, it should be clear why this was chosen for both of the tournaments, why the community sees it in such a positive light, and why it has been nominated for the Loved section!

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 7 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/837126
-mint-
nice
Mipha-
what's with the "no" votes wtf
[Crz]sel
so why does this have a lot of no votes like seriously
Kasumi-sama
36 no votes? what the actual fuck
lemonguy
okay, who did I piss off, genuinely curious
-mint-
no votes time
[Crz]SuJaK
lemonguy

araragigun wrote:

개쓰레기맵인데 좆목질로 찬성넣는거 극혐이다 진짜 ㅋㅋㅋ

yikes
-mint-

Gekido- wrote:

araragigun wrote:

개쓰레기맵인데 좆목질로 찬성넣는거 극혐이다 진짜 ㅋㅋㅋ

yikes

houston, we have a bruh moment
-mint-
ok buddy
RoroTheDeer
That's a lot of no votes son
lemonguy
I'm pretty entertained by this ngl
Situroen
Seriously y'all should make this one loved? this map is just decent and doesn't even have singular pattern or slight diffrences with other maps.
-mint-

fealen wrote:

Seriously y'all should make this one loved? this map is just decent and doesn't even have singular pattern or slight diffrences with other maps.

i think you looked at the wrong map buddy
RoroTheDeer

qqqant wrote:

fealen wrote:

qqqant owns libtard with facts and logic
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
I do not like this map regardless of opinion. Why did you select this map?
Many people hate this map.
Situroen

qqqant wrote:

fealen wrote:

I'm not, it's just popular not special or entertaining map imo
lemonguy

fealen wrote:

Of the possible complaints for this chart, unique patterns (if that's what you're trying to say) isn't something I expected to hear.

And certainly, when compared to the majority of other charts that get put up for loved, it isn't any less "special or entertaining". I don't think it is a great chart by any means, but it's definitely not this much less "special or entertaining".
Situroen

Gekido- wrote:

fealen wrote:

Of the possible complaints for this chart, unique patterns (if that's what you're trying to say) isn't something I expected to hear

It doesn't fit with the original intention of project loved, if it haven't changed to sort the porpular maps
if it is then why don't we just make meme mapsets loved?
Getting popular and getting loved by players are on the other dimension. It can't be "loved" if it's not "loved" by players.
-mint-

fealen wrote:

Gekido- wrote:

fealen wrote:

Of the possible complaints for this chart, unique patterns (if that's what you're trying to say) isn't something I expected to hear

It doesn't fit with the original intention of project loved, if it haven't changed to sort the porpular maps

top 10 anime phrases still to be deciphered to this day
[Crz]SuJaK
ㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴ
-mint-

[Crz]SuJaK wrote:

ㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴ

thank you for your contribution to this discussion
My Angel Nilou
Wtf those ''No'' votes XD
I want to see it loved so i vote ''Yes''
XENiTH
won't
-mint-

[OSC]Amagai wrote:

Wtf those ''No'' votes XD
I want to see it loved so i vote ''Yes''

thank you but its a lost cause
stupud man

fealen wrote:

Gekido- wrote:

fealen wrote:

There's a large amount of popularity with this mapset and it's been played within competitive circles from my experience, and other captains deemed this as a good fit. If this map doesn't fit within your requirements for a chart in Loved, speak up. I cannot stress that enough. When this chart was picked for SOFT3, it received support from the community that took part in that tournament, which easily gave off the impression that a lot of people enjoyed this chart, not the other way around.

If there's any reason to call this chart bland or unoriginal, why not target a mapset we nominated 2 waves ago, which for better or for worse is copypasted jumpstream/handstream patterns for 4 minutes? I understand if you personally might have any issues with the map, and you're free to vote no. What I don't understand is an influx of complaints and surprise when the map actually does go up for voting. You never spoke up and made clear what should be expected from Project Loved. And no, "this map is bland vote no" isn't clear enough.
XENiTH
most users hate map

no
-mint-
bee
stupud man

XENiTH wrote:

most users hate map

no

this isn't a common sense issue, posting the exact unclear information i mentioned is detrimental to the progress of this project

what else about "most users" hating this map? all i've understood is a fairly large group of people that have posted out-of-line and frankly immature responses are bandwagoning to get this map out of the category and nothing more. there's no constructive criticism, how do you expect that to help?
Situroen

stupud man wrote:

fealen wrote:

Gekido- wrote:

fealen wrote:

There's a large amount of popularity with this mapset and it's been played within competitive circles from my experience, and other captains deemed this as a good fit. If this map doesn't fit within your requirements for a chart in Loved, speak up. I cannot stress that enough. When this chart was picked for SOFT3, it received support from the community that took part in that tournament, which easily gave off the impression that a lot of people enjoyed this chart, not the other way around.

If there's any reason to call this chart bland or unoriginal, why not target a mapset we nominated 2 waves ago, which for better or for worse is copypasted jumpstream/handstream patterns for 4 minutes? I understand if you personally might have any issues with the map, and you're free to vote no. What I don't understand is an influx of complaints and surprise when the map actually does go up for voting. You never spoke up and made clear what should be expected from Project Loved. And no, "this map is bland vote no" isn't clear enough.

I'm not complaining about it because it doesn't fit for loved, I'm complaining about it because they're complaining to getting huge amount of dislikes even though it's actually hated and getting many No votes.
if it's just bad and they didn't complained about the large amount of No votes then I won't even comment on this post besides just giving No vote.
And yes, that mapset is actually even worse for the loved, but I couldn't checked map because of the inactivity.
Razzy

fealen wrote:

*stares at HISTORIA QUIT BLUVOLTEX*

:MocaThink:
Situroen

Razzy wrote:

fealen wrote:

*stares at HISTORIA QUIT BLUVOLTEX*

:MocaThink:

oh I guess it is lol
lemonguy

fealen wrote:

stupud man wrote:

fealen wrote:

Gekido- wrote:

fealen wrote:

I'm not complaining about it because it doesn't fit for loved, I'm complaining about it because they're complaining to make this map loved even though it's actually hated and getting many No votes.
if it's just bad and they didn't complained about the large amount of No votes then I won't even comment on this post besides just giving No vote.
And yes, that mapset is actually even worse for the loved, but I couldn't checked map because of the inactivity.

it had 30 yes votes to 6 no votes hours ago, and suddenly got 30 no votes in a span of less than an hour, that isn't "hating a map", that is literally a bombardment by a circlejerk
Kasumi-sama

XENiTH wrote:

most users hate map

no

let me correct that

korean users hate this map*

and as unlikely as it may be, korea is not the center of the world
Mipha-
I'm actually surprised this discussion doesn't goes to the point where now it's just based off from "this chart is bad", "people hate this so let's get other people to vote no" mindset.

Come on, that's just silly at its own right. Even the mapper himself is quite entertained. :joy:
stupud man

fealen wrote:

stupud man wrote:

-snip-

I'm not complaining about it because it doesn't fit for loved, I'm complaining about it because they're complaining to make this map loved even though it's actually hated and getting many No votes.

Their complaints are definitely more than warranted considering this much No voting is almost unprecedented in Loved (only other time this has happened was likely monkey bussines). Right now I care mostly about the result of this because there's absolutely no way to detect whether a large group of the community is actually going to end up liking a chart or not.

And considering you yourself are saying that this chart isn't fit for Loved, what makes it that way? Is there anything beyond "it's bland"?
Situroen

Gekido- wrote:

fealen wrote:

stupud man wrote:

fealen wrote:

Gekido- wrote:

fealen wrote:

it had 30 yes votes to 6 no votes hours ago, and suddenly got 30 no votes in a span of less than an hour, that isn't "hating a map", that is literally a bombardment by a circlejerk

at some communities there can be many people who hates this map, therefore even if someone only post link of this map may cause large amount of dislikes.
show more