forum

[added] Option to save failed replays

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7,392
show more
Finney
It would be cool :oops:
Venome
ya I think this would be cool
YukiPlays
this has been post 6 years ago when does it come D:
Anguish
pls ppy
paper2222
*doesn't make it for 6 more years*
wojexe
We are waiting ppy :(
charmfox
in fail screen it says "do you want to save replay?" and if you click yes then it saves to failed scores
dashbug
peppy pls
TecSopurtINDIA
Y tho?

To show how bad you are?
Doge Owner
Looks like a good idea.
Wriothesley
please
CaptainSlimey
after 6 years this isn't implemented yet? c'mon! we need this!
SuperKamiPyrif
hope it isnt a bad thing to revive this, i've wanted this feature for so many plays where i do outstanding for a brief moment and then just die immediately afterwards
Mirt
I agree with UnityParadox and CaptainSlimey. After 6 years with overwhelming response, I think it's clear that people want it. Having to open a screen capture software just to view a replay is a bit excessive. And if you want to replay a certain section to see what went wrong (eg Messed up a pattern on Mania and wanted to learn a pattern) you shouldn't have to record it. Even more so if you wanted to share the replay to a friend.
dashbug

TecSopurtINDIA wrote:

Y tho?

To show how bad you are?

No, some failed replays could have had some random epic godmode
-Flashlight-
please we need this

i have a lot of godmode failed scores, saving them would be great so i could see them again in the future and say "lol wtf is this choke"

about the grade, it could be a red F just like it shows in the new site when you pass a map with shit acc
Suplagen
How has this actually not been implemented yet. Surely adding a button to save failed replays can't be that hard when we can view them with F1?
blueloniess
yes pls add this feature
orangesunrise_old
This is a good idea! I would really like to see this implemented.
leftforkilling
please add this osu gods its been 6 years
Riviclia Lover
Yep, that's something I wanted to see in game for a while now, hope saving those replays will be possible someday.
Nevy
Hell yeah, that would be cool.
Pls add this.
The Gambler
Weirdly enough, sometimes you can save failed replays in multiplayer. Maybe because the song completes and places a sort of end marker in the osr file. Kinda like a regular replay, but failed. I wouldn't know how osu handles end markers midway through a song without breaking the game.

These are just assumptions on my part, but saved failed attempts are possible as long as the song completes.
semaphore
still waiting. this is especially useful for pass players
_iCEY
And we are still waiting...
Shiori Shiomiya
peppy pls
vlawmz
this thread rofl
Nighty Ryuucho
I agree that we should be able to save failed replays but I don't want the failing system to change. I don't want an F or X to appear.
We must fail (When we do) and then get the same "You failed." Page, and then, be able to save it via f2.
I would get very sad if failing had the F or X letter. I mean, I love the miserable falling notes and the sound effect when we fail. Cause when we fail like that it conveys "LOST".
If a letter was to appear and our scores were to be calculated after the failure, that would convey "FINISHED". Which isn't as good as "LOST".
Sorry if it sounds weird, but I care about how the way I fail affects me; it must make me want to play a thousand times again until I win the thing.
Osuplayzzz
i just record the replay with geforece experiance.
Zomer
Why would you want to save a failed play..?
Kennie
yep, really hoping to see this added soon
legoboomette
Yes, would really love to have this feature.
Neosk
+rep
Saturn21
Ok. I want to say that it needs to be. I like what Nighty Ryuucho said: we need to fail sometimes, and there is no need to insert F or X rank because we failed, we didn't pass, and so we DON'T need ANY grade (moreover, you can not insert X because this letter stands for SS rank and some skins use only X for SS). Players need to just save their replays like normal replays. If I had a supporter I'd vote for this idea.
NeoPhyte
8 years later, fuckin billion stars later, millions of reasons and nothing. Lets just agree that this will never be added for some reason and get over it, it sucks but if you really want to study your missplays, put obs in background and setup f11 on start and stop recording, then stop and start after every play if you dont want to look through hours of recordings, also easier to just delete the ones you dont feel like rewatching etc.
azael4k
Can we also get a option to save relax and autopilot plays?
Death

-[kyoko]- wrote:

Can we also get a option to save relax and autopilot plays?
You technically can, though you need to do it manually. Hit F2 on the results screen, click on the notification that pops up in the bottom right to view the exported replay, then load it back into the game. Then it should appear in your local rankings.
Could be useful.
Lord-Sugar
This needs to be added
_Vex
add thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
show more