forum

osu! Skin unable to load skin and Cursor teleporting to the top left side of my screen randomly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
marcelo
Problem details: so ive recently changed into a new laptop, and i got a problem. two problems. any skin i download doesnt work in osu. it always shows a "Unable to Load [skinname].osk" everytime. ive tried changing .osk to .rar and .zip, but those two doesnt seem to work. it shows that the file has unexpected ending. ive also redid my osu permissions, and it still has this problem. i dont know what caused this because just yesterday i downloaded some skins and it worked fine. everytime i download it too i magically appears in my osu skins folder instead of my downloads folder after i click it.

ive also got this annoying thing in osu where my cursor would just randomly teleport to the top left of my screen whenever i play mouse (i do not own touchscreen laptop), now, ive searched this teleporting thing up and it said to disable raw input. surprisingly, it worked but i play with a 1.4 sens on mouse. this is a really annoying thing to happen and i dont know how to fix this.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
i opened 3 new skins i downloaded, and as what i would expect, error message appears.
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/12219978
Cursor teleport problem: https://youtu.be/5PYxGcMiyUQ

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
Elanie
On your mouse driver settings (if you installed it, in my case it's Logitech Gaming Software), change your mouse DPI to 1.4x that of what you usually had, e.g. if your DPI was at 2000, change it to 2800; likewise, for 3000, change it to 4200.

For the skins problem, you should unzip it using 7Zip.
Right-click the skin-file (.osk, .rar, .zip) > 7Zip > Extract to "<skin name>\" (which extracts all of the skin-file contents into a new folder with the same name)
Then open the extracted folder.
If the extracted folder contains only another folder inside, copy that folder and paste into the Skins directory in the osu! folder (which is by default, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\osu!\Skins).
If the extracted folder contains pictures and sound files, go back outside the extracted folder, then copy that extracted folder into the Skins directory in the osu! folder (which, again, is by default, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\osu!\Skins).

This is a temporary fix for the raw-input + sensitivity issue, and hopefully the skin problem is solved.
Topic Starter
marcelo

the_fbobis wrote:

For the skins problem, you should unzip it using 7Zip.
Right-click the skin-file (.osk, .rar, .zip) > 7Zip > Extract to "<skin name>\" (which extracts all of the skin-file contents into a new folder with the same name)
Then open the extracted folder.
If the extracted folder contains another folder inside, copy that folder and paste into the Skins directory in the osu! folder (which is by default, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\osu!\Skins).
If the extracted folder contains pictures and sound files, go back outside the extracted folder, then copy that extracted folder into the Skins directory in the osu! folder (which, again, is by default, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\osu!\Skins).

This is a temporary fix for the raw-input + sensitivity issue, and hopefully the skin problem is solved.

will i be doing this with skin .osk files for the rest of my life or is this only a temporary solution?
Elanie
It’s a temporary solution for the skin files, until the double clicking of skin file works again.