forum

Your biggest weakness in CtB

posted
Total Posts
show more
night-owl
why am i even playing this?
- related to my own approach to gaming in general, rather than the game itself, i would say anxiety. it's so bad. i literally start losing my shit, trembling like my life's on the line when i get over 250-300 combo... most of the time. i cannot think clearly at all, and the worst part is that it's not fatigue or anything, i came back to the game after a 2 year break. it does make me look bad as you're reading this - i know, and it sounds extremely over the top - but i'm not being melodramatic. i really wonder if i'm the only one with this issue. all i can tell myself while playing is that i'm going to fail because i suck, and it makes me more nervous, ironically, which is why i can't keep high combo for long.
- OBSESSIVELY playing some maps that are literally below my skill level, due to choking on the easiest parts like an idiot - which makes me frustrated enough to try over and over, because this beach needs to be fc'ed as it's not even on my LEVEL !!!! vicious circle ensues ... seriously, go check my page, i have 1k plays on a map that has a difficulty rating of 3.2 stars or so. and it will stay there on my page forever. unless i find another map i can OCD on. also, in this regard, my playcount-ranking ratio speaks for itself.
- also, another problem i had before i left the game was my laptop freezing, like really, can't you run osu properly with 8GM RAM? 8D however, i must admit i was really "pp crazed" and competitive and... yea, that's not why you should play the game at all. i'm trying not to care about that anymore - after all pp is a very vague way of ranking players by skill, to the point of being irrelevant i'd say - some players have 6k pp but their top score is 400pp on a Flashlight overdose, while someone has 8k pp but doesn't play mods at all (i think i'll fall into the latter category)
- i also used to be oblivious when choosing the right setup (skin and key bindings). as most people say, rightfully so, set up is really important, and up until a few days ago i was playing with left/right arrow which would make my fingers feel like they're about to snap. i switched the keybindings and it worked great.
- being spectated was one of my biggest pet peeves, even when people i was close to did it, as flattering as hearing someone who doesn't play the game's reaction was (since i'm an insecure p.o.c.), it really makes me play badly because i'm just too self conscious. also anxiety related i guess
- and now, speaking of the game itself, i'd say choking on the very few last objects due to various reasons, playing with mods - i hate hard rock the most, i'd say, which is tied to one last problem that i'm going to mention - and that's high AR (above 9.5, i guess). oh, and some patterns really seem impossible to me but i guess that's commonplace.

so yeah... i don't even know if there's someone with such an unhealthy playstyle that still plays the game regardless (besides me, DUH). i think i'm a sado-masochist, but, overall, i believe i'm just unintentionally providing comic relief for people who are reading this
Zeus-
Flashlight
Nidoking
hr
KWYJIBO
those damn snipers xDD
CatzerTM
Anything higher than AR:9.5 and CS:5,Hidden,DT in some cases and that's about it
Henrick
harder no mod patterns literally, spinners and being not consistent is my biggest weakness in ctb
FrozenTea
Ctb.
koemada
> missing the little fruit things connecting the large ones
> jumps that r too fast and stuff
> cant do dt and hd
Novoids
HDFL.
KemZii
DT...
tacokatze
choking at the end of a good play
Yi-
CTB-Maps
HR
NM
Nerves
Jasilon
Play CtB
Nikolai
bananas
A Moon Gust
Droplets.
CatzerTM
overdose, nerves and slider breaks
Jayfeather2005
I would say mine would have to be Hidden cause I can’t do anything even 1 stars with hidden on
Ginoshi
only stairs. In Convert
Stamina and wiggling in Specific
Zephirine

Nikolai wrote:

bananas
XxduckpigxX
Nerves is literally my only problem since it kindly breaks my combos when 600+
gal1
no
Koimeji
  1. Nervous
  2. AR10
  3. >6 stars map

tbh, I'm weak everything
Nikolai
high ar
Kitsuka
Accuracy
DeletedUser_500696
Any kind of ctb specific hyper chain pattern. If it's 7*+ I probably can't read it
Lunyfreya
AR9,
Droplets,
My S Ranks.
༼ノຈل͜ຈ༽ノ︵┻━┻
Camme79
ar 10.5 or more, anything lower than ar 9,3 hd, Flashlight i guess(?)
Alsuntia
The approach rate has always been my biggest nemesis. I've tried to get used to ar 9 but it kept hindering me too much. Nowadays, anything above ar 8 basically is uncomfortable for me.
Sunkiss
-Streams
-Bananas
CTB Sakamata1
consistency
i can't keep combo at all
Shawntell
Pixel Jumps
45Traeath
"Red Slider Heads".

Might be easy to overcome, only by changing the mindset, but eh.
I'm not even trying.
Sebita
FL and zig zags
Kitsuka
(Since my first answer was a joke, here's a more serious one)
- Any mod, really. I can play some Salads with DT, but that's about it.
- Hyperdash into straight sliders. I always dash too much :'(
- AR higher than 9.2. Also high CS can be annoying
Zephirine
w
Nene Sakura
1.Hidden(especially AR<9)
2.jumps across the screen repeatedly
3.low AR on difficult maps
4.AR10 jumps
5.hyper jump that goes outwards
6.spaced streams
I CAN FC