forum

Jumps with keyboard taps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
waserof
I have been practicing over the past few weeks to swtich from mouse only to mouse and keyboard and so far I can do most alternating maps and not so spaced singletap maps but everytime I attempt jumps I just miss every note of the pattern. I tried practicing low AR to improve rhythm and tried playing hidden but it has made no affect so I'm just wondering what maps I should play to improve since I can only do like 2 patterns out of every map I play I don't think it's gonna help me improve.
ADelicateOrange
Your top 5 plays would be a good start.
Topic Starter
waserof

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Your top 5 plays would be a good start.

I can't even pass the first 2 patterns for most of those with keyboard taps.
Vipinx
My advice would be to start small and work up. I would assume learning with your opposite hand is like starting fresh. Find what's comfortable with it, and start with 1 star maps and work up to what you can aim as of now. I remember it took me a good week or so to be able to hit any triple (slow and with bad acc) on that hand, as it wasn't my dominant hand. It will take time, but it is basically a necessity. Just take a week or so to start back from 1-2 star maps and work up to 4 and 5 star. The hardest part will be relearning bursts, but if you put your mind to it it will be fine. I'd mostly recommend practicing triples as the thing you need most is finger control.
Topic Starter
waserof

Vipinx wrote:

My advice would be to start small and work up. I would assume learning with your opposite hand is like starting fresh. Find what's comfortable with it, and start with 1 star maps and work up to what you can aim as of now. I remember it took me a good week or so to be able to hit any triple (slow and with bad acc) on that hand, as it wasn't my dominant hand. It will take time, but it is basically a necessity. Just take a week or so to start back from 1-2 star maps and work up to 4 and 5 star. The hardest part will be relearning bursts, but if you put your mind to it it will be fine. I'd mostly recommend practicing triples as the thing you need most is finger control.

I can do some bursts (I never was good at those on mouse anyway) and a lot of complex rhythms alright just with low acc but I always miss on jumps that it's really confusing. I usually always alternate because it's more comfortable but I switched to sinlgetapping jumps and it helped slightly I'm still missing on a lot of patterns though.
dung eater
You can focus on each circle in a slower parts of map or slower maps. See where the cursor is and tap on the circle.
Topic Starter
waserof

jaaakb wrote:

You can focus on each circle in a slower parts of map or slower maps. See where the cursor is and tap on the circle.

I can do slow parts just fine and I have been practicing on low 4 star and high 3 star jumpy maps but I haven't seen any improvement my it's still completely random on if I can hit a pattern on anything above around 4.3 stars.
Kalesy
Why did you switch from mouse only? If it worked for all this time idk why you would change.