forum

Struggling to FC songs with high accuracy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
trindomeer
I am 100% a noob, I can consistently clear songs at about 3.5 stars now. At about 3.3* and lower, I can usually get very close to FC. For some reason I don't understand, the runs where I do get FC always seem to be the ones where I also get like 20 100s and get a B as a result. The rest of the time on the exact same songs, I will have around 95% accuracy but of course miss that one jump or slider break or something. Is this something that happens to anyone else?

Also, if I am trying to practice getting FC should I replay one map or rotate between a few, and if rotating is the way to go how many?
Almost
1. If you normally have 95% accuracy on every go except for the ones you FC, then you're probably just too stressed and/or nervous when you are going to FC.

2. Don't rotate through select songs, you'll just end up memorising them. Just play through random songs and play them a couple of tries each before moving on.
ADelicateOrange
Just keep playing. With time you'll understand timing patterns. If you reach 80ish hours with getting some proper FC Accuracy (at your rank maybe 97%+), then this would be a bigger issue. So for now, Play More.
im flat

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Just keep playing. With time you'll understand timing patterns. If you reach 80ish hours with getting some proper FC Accuracy (at your rank maybe 97%+), then this would be a bigger issue. So for now, Play More.

uh what about me
SpasticSurgeon

im flat wrote:

ADelicateOrange wrote:

uh what about me

I wonder if it's possible to go the route of just playing harder and harder stuff with shit acc until you run out of stuff that is too hard and your accuracy naturally goes up. But uh, I feel like that could go really badly. There's no way that you don't know that you "should" be playing easier stuff and trying to get better accuracy if you want more acc.
ADelicateOrange

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

im flat wrote:

ADelicateOrange wrote:

uh what about me

I wonder if it's possible to go the route of just playing harder and harder stuff with shit acc until you run out of stuff that is too hard and your accuracy naturally goes up. But uh, I feel like that could go really badly. There's no way that you don't know that you "should" be playing easier stuff and trying to get better accuracy if you want more acc.

Look up Ming3012.
lewski

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Look up Ming3012.

Not really relevant, MinG deliberately lowers their accuracy with local offset
Solarys
you're 400k, literally all of your weaknesses stem from the fact that you're new and are in no way actually issues

just play more
Topic Starter
trindomeer

Solarys wrote:

you're 400k, literally all of your weaknesses stem from the fact that you're new and are in no way actually issues

just play more

Speaking of being new, what do you mean by 400k? I swear to god OSU has so many metrics I can't keep track of them all.
Juuuuuuuuul
rank (#426,104)
im flat

lewdski wrote:

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Look up Ming3012.

Not really relevant, MinG deliberately lowers their accuracy with local offset

ming doesn't use offset lmao
Psychicbagel
its your beginner nerves, just keep on playing and you'll get used to those "close to FC" nerves. Came natural for me after about 70hr+.
Kondou-Shinichi
your finger probably don't have the skill to tap accurately (yet)
keep playing this game more and you will start to see improvement