forum

Skin Version 3

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +166
Topic Starter
h3oCharles
Don't mind me, I need to vent this out of my head before I go insane

Skin Version 3

Main Menu:
- menu-background is "animatable"
- menu-background switches every time you visit it (switches frames)
- menu-background allows png
- menu-button-(play,edit,options,exit,freeplay,multiplayer,chats,back) and menu-button-(play,edit,options,exit,freeplay,multiplayer,chats,back)-hover are skinnable for supporters only
- menu-osu is skinnable for supporters only (not gonna happen xd)
- new element: menu-osu-overlay - basically the osu!cookie without the background, just a ring with "osu!" written on it
- menu-osu is animatable
- skin.ini: "CookieTriangle" set to 1 makes triangles fly around in the osu!cookie
- skin.ini: "CookieBg" set as a colour tints the back of the osu!cookie to that colour
- levelbar and levelbar-bg are skinnable (level progress bar)
- menu-osudirect and menu-osudirect-over and skinnable for supporters only (osu!direct button)

Editor:
- editor-* is skinnable (pretty much everything in the editor)
- metronomelow and metronomehigh are skinnable (timing metronome sounds)

Song Select:
- songselect-top, songselect-bottom, and menu-osu are skinnable (black and blue boxes and osu!cookie in song select)
- selection-mode, selection-mods, selection-random and selection-options are animatable
- mods button doesn't disappear in multiplayer song select OR \/
- the userbar doesn't change position in multiplayer song select
- skin.ini: new command "SongSelectTint" set to 1 tints inactive bars (menu-button-background) to 75% gray and active doesn't get tinted OR set to 2 to not tint at all (default is 0, does what is previously done)
- new element: leaderboard-bar, replaces menu-button-background in the leaderboard
- rank-forum is skinnable (the button to the right of the leaderboard dropdown that leads you to the beatmap page)
- ranking-retry and ranking-replay take priority over pause-retry and pause-replay
- skin.ini: "ModeBgColour" and "ModeBgHover" in colours makes the background of the mode dropdown and tints the hovered mode respectively
- skin.ini: "ModeExpand" set to 1 forces expansion while you hover the mode icons in the dropdown just like with the default elements
- levelbar and levelbar-bg are skinnable (level progress bar)
- skin.ini: "SelectionTabTint" and "SelectionTabTintHover" set as colours tint the selection-tabs
- mode-*-small are skinnable in diffspreads

Ranking Screen:
- ranking-title isn't offset by 32 pixels to the right anymore
- ranking-panel's anchor point is 0,0 in top left (allows to skin behind the black bar)
- ranking-dialog-* is skinnable (the stuff below the ranking panel itselt - LOCAL, ONLINE and BEATMAP boxes)
- ranking-background-overlay is skinnable (the star that rotates behind the grade)
- hitbursts are not downscaled
- new element: "applause-fail", triggers if the player ends the map with below 50% health

Pause/Fail screens:
- skin.ini: "PauseButtonAnchor" set to Left, Middle or Right sets the anchor point to the specified area (no more transparent pixels gimmick and accidentally hitting retry in the ranking screen)
- skin.ini: "FakeContinueButton" set to 1 makes a grayed out Continue button that you can't press but it acts like other buttons OR set to 2 makes a Watch Replay button in place of the "Press F1 to watch the replay" text

Gameplay (Global):
- skin.ini: "lighting" and "comboburst" is now a toggle here instead of options in-game
- circularmetre is skinnable (Pie Progress Bar)
- new element: play-scorebg, replaces menu-button-background in the leaderboard on the left side
- epilepsy is skinnable (epilepsy warning)
- skin.ini: "KeyboardPress" and "MousePress", set as colours they tint the inputoverlay-key that specific color
- inputoverlay-background is no longer scaled by 1.05x
- skin.ini: "SkipButtonAnchor" set to Left, Middle or Right sets the anchor point to the specified area (no more transparent pixels gimmick and aspect ratio fixes)
- skin.ini: "ScorebarColourPos", set to "ki", "marker" or "0" sets the position of the scorebar-colour to the specified area (ki moves to 5,16; marker moves to 12,12; 0 sets to 0,0)
- skin.ini: "ScorebarTint100", "ScorebarTint75", "ScorebarTint50" and "ScorebarTint25" as colours tint the scorebar-colour just like with scorebar-marker
- skin.ini: "ProgressBar" set as colour with transparency tints the progress of the song (doesn't matter if it's a pie or a bar)
- skin.ini: "PulsatingCombo" set to 0 makes the combo behave just like score numbers
- skin.ini: "AccuracyPos" set to Left, Middle or Right places accuracy in that specific spot on the screen. If Progress Pie is picked, it will also shift a bit to fit it in (No more fiddling with score-percent to make that happen)

Gameplay (Standard):
- sliderb allows usage of sliderb-nd and sliderb-spec (previously if sliderb existed, sliderb-nd and sliderb-spec couldn't be skinnable, while if sliderb didn't exist, these 2 are skinnable. weird, right?)
- skin.ini: "NumbersFade" and "HitcircleFade" set to 0 or 1 make the numbers or the hitcircle to the fade animation once hit (just like in skin version 1 numbers fade with the circle and you can now make instant fade hitcircles without the gimmick)

Gameplay (Taiko):
- skin.ini: "DrumPos" set to 0 or 1 changes the hit drum positions (just like version does)
- skin.ini: "Don", "Katsu" and "Drumroll" set as colours tints the don, katsu, and drumroll sliders respectively
- skin.ini: "Pippidonclear" set as a list of numbers sets the animation sequence of the pippidon's clear dance
- new element: scorebar-bg-taiko and scorebar-colour-taiko, basically scorebar but only gets used by taiko. If it doesn't exist in the folder, one without the prefix gets used

Gameplay (Catch the Beat):
- new element: scorebar-bg-fruits and scorebar-colour-fruits, basically scorebar but only gets used by ctb. If it doesn't exist in the folder, one without the prefix gets used

Gameplay (Mania):
- new element: scorebar-bg-mania and scorebar-colour-mania, basically scorebar but only gets used by mania. If it doesn't exist in the folder, one without the prefix gets used
- skin.ini: "ScorebarManiaPos" set to 1 places the scorebar just like it is in other game modes. 0 is default, just like it previously is

Multiplayer:
- lobby-* is skinnable (player list bars, icons on the left side)

Chat:
- selection-tab is skinnable

if anyone is questioning me how I know all of the element names, I'll give you one clue: Sunpy

thx RockRoller
F4ll3n53r4ph
I second this
abraker
iirc smoogipoo had plans for skinning to be entirely scriptable
Szartix
I wanted to write new post to propose adding to skin.ini an option to use diffrent playfield score and ending score, because I can't actually make "invisible", actually 1 pixel 30% dimmed, but those *.png files are also used on the ending of the map so I'm not able to see my score.

So IMO those propose of yours are good, but peppy add please option for example:
skin.ini ScorePrefix - for the map end score images
skin.ini PlayScorePrefix - for playfield score images

I'm appologizing for my terrifing english :|
RockRoller

abraker wrote:

But that would be for lazer?
Lyawi

RockRoller wrote:

abraker wrote:

They're so hard-working on lazer, I doubt they will do this step just for the current client.
RockRoller

Lyawi wrote:

They're so hard-working on lazer, I doubt they will do this step just for the current client.
I know. I don't expect them to do anything about the awful skinning system in the curent client. abrakers comment just wasn't clear about the client.
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

Like Stepmania? Making an SM skin is pretty involved; you do it in Lua, I believe.
abraker

RockRoller wrote:

abraker wrote:

yea

stable (current osu!) is going to be phased out as soon as lazer becomes more mainstream. There will no longer be major updates for current client.
TomDotBat
+1 skins right now are pretty baaaad.
Furry
i love all these suggestions,

also vote to fix that missing pixel on the curve in songselect-top@2x.png
Merami Fox
proposal for new thing for feature request

on "numberfade" and hitcirclefade"
can we have an option to set the type of fade
1 being legacy(sub 2010 fade)
2 being normal skin.ini 1 fade
3 being skin.ini 2 fade
4 being instafade, as applicacable

also
BUMP
Lucaludo
You shuold add
Skin.ini SliderGradient (0/1) add/remove the sliders' gradient on their track
I KNOW THIS REQUEST WAS ALRREADY POSTED YEARS AGO, BUT I JUST WANT IT TO BE REAL
show more