Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Addict
My addiction to osu
- Sphinx -
Yu-Gi-Oh GX (good old times) the Sphinx deck / monsters
Theinen The Great Sphinx, Andro Sphinx, Sphinx Teleia....
Lumyh
i've had the name Clubby since summer 2015.
i was playing Geometry Dash, and there was this song i really liked, "Clubstep".
so i named myself ClxBStxP

one day i decided to make an account on Geometry Dash but ClxBStxP was taken, so i shortened it down to ClxB, and that was taken as well, so after a bit of thinking, i Added -by and changed the x back to a u and it gave Clubby!
Dialect

Clubby wrote:

i was playing Geometry Dash

you play gd? i guess i'm not alone.

so you know that girl from arms named Min Min? i changed the M in the 2nd Min to Nin and now i'm minnin for no reason at all
linkfire
My username is from Ocarina of Time.; I loved that Fire Tunic a lot, so Link+Fire gave me Linkfire. Pretty random I guess.
yea
I was agreeing to something..
Shawntell
from a member of a group of mine
JayD3vo
My username is my entire dox, simple
Grim
Iomu
Mixed 2 japan names
blvknight
from the lofi artist blvk. that's it
Slyme
Minslime, because… Minecraft 7 years ago ^^'
Lilou
memories
Poidachii
originally came from Kancolle which means yuudachi, but then I removed yuu and replaced it with poi so it becomes more cuter <3
Schwarzer_old_1
NGNL:Zero :)
pulloposti
My nickname is in finnish. It means message in a bottle. I tried to make a unique nickname, I was thinking something in English but I decided to choose finnish one. Some people have wondered what my nickname means in the chat.
ossha
i like pokemon
Justified
My actions.
GuiNoodlecake
I got involved with a credit card scam when I was like 8 with some other game where they promised free stuff and all you had to do was put 'gui' in front of any username you wanted. I chose guinoodlecake and it stuck from there
treyarch
i wonder
anna apple
someone I know spelled the word "bro" wrong in a discord chat
kxium_old
just smashed my face on my keyboard and this was the result. i actually smashed my face a couple of times because some of the results weren't that good. and this was probably the best one. the pronunciation of it is really weird like kishium, kushum, kikushum. so i like to pronounce it shun instead. ;p
Rikuhachima Aru
well, my first name of my crush and added some kind of weebshit in to it.
Catto God
Hello
KemZii
From my name I guess
x2Zero7
I had to make a user name for PSN and I thought what cooler than James Bond (007)

x2+(times 2)+Zero(0)+7(7) = x2Zero7
Reki-kun_DELETED
From Hidan no Aria, but it's also in relation with my real name. My real name has just a different letter in the first place. Except of the -kun
Green Ghost
It's a nickname my family gave me.
MemeMeme_YT
I took this from my last username on YouTube.
-Shikki
My name comes from this
詩希~ Shiki ~
meaning:

"詩" is poetry. "希" is hope.
Kuroni
I use this because black represents coolness lul. I've been using this for all of my accounts since i was very young and "2x" because i was faking my age back then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Now idk why i find this kinda stupid xD. Looking for a better username btw
Addam
it's my real name lol
Bananaland
TheEJA18
My unoriginality.
LoPlomo
From lead (spanish) xD
LePako

drum drum wrote:

Inspired by the question from ztrot's interview on osu!talk: http://youtu.be/8COmLt0IBRs?t=54m38s[/notice:1337]
A bunch of times people will think of a username related to their childhood, whether they do it by intention or not. This is not always the case, however, some people chose theirs because they either liked the way it sounded or thought it was cool. Everyone is different, of course.

For me, I chose "drum drum" for a reason I don't entirely remember. But I believe it's based on my past fascination with drums of all sorts. When I was a child my grandmother bought me a cheap Indian drum which I loved a lot (and then it broke of course). Around middle school I had a Djembe drum that I loved to play a lot. And finally in High school my parents bought me an electric drum kit (which I never anymore use because it lacks a tom and doesn't sound that great). Now here I am playing Taiko on osu!, funny how life works.

Nathanael wrote:

I'd really like to see replies from the staff
Staff replies
Writing...
Note: all bolded names have channel operator status on the chat service
HeatKai
Maeglwn
Stefan
Krah
Desperate-kun
BeatofIke
IamKwaN
DakeDakaane
Fycho

My name was Parkourist on minecraft (lol) and then,i wanted to make it like 'smaller',and i tought it would be Parko,but it didn't sound so good,so i removed 'R' and now is Pako.'D' is just a random letter because 'Pako' was already taken by someone else
ReL
KemZii
From my name and anime
Tenpii
Because someone took Tenpi
Darki_OSS
My name is the cuter and shorter Version of Darkness. The name comes frome my fascination for the Universe and the so called 'Dark Matter' one time when i was 14 y/o i watched a Movie/Documentary about something called 'Dark Matter' idk what hooked me on this Topic but it was so fascinating to me that i watched many, many episodes of this Documantary series. I also love Characters that have a dark or darkness related Powers that they can use in Battle etc. So that is the Story about my name ^^.
show more