forum

Where do you guys place your thumb on the keyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ayeTop
Where do you guys place your thumbs when pressing z and x? My thumb feels so uncomfortable. It feels weird and uncomfortable when i have it placed on the space bar or floating. I've tried other keys but I feel a lot worse. I didn't have this problem before until I got to 5 stars. The thumb would make it harder to press x. I play with my keyboard tilted left. I've tried straight too but didn't help.
Buster
use your middle finger for K1 and you right index finger for K2
dung eater
In the air pretty relaxed like the rest of fingers/hand/arm. 2 and 3 for tapping.

I used have akward feeling in thumb but occasional stretching has helped. Thumb closed on a fist and stretch wrist down where thumb points. Pulling thumb towards arm with wrist.
mulraf
Yee, floating. Using arrow down, arrow left instead of z,x but should end up the same. To me it doesn't feel weird at all, maybe because theres a space between the arrow left and the next key for enough room
VinZentVanDough
Floating, i use . and ,
Topic Starter
ayeTop

jaaakb wrote:

In the air pretty relaxed like the rest of fingers/hand/arm. 2 and 3 for tapping.

I used have akward feeling in thumb but occasional stretching has helped. Thumb closed on a fist and stretch wrist down where thumb points. Pulling thumb towards arm with wrist.

Okay thank you. Will try to stretch
Deva
Placing my thumb on the wrist rest makes me feel like I have 10x more stability
Tad Fibonacci
I curl it up in my hand. It actually makes it hurts sometimes but I'm too used to it to fix it.
SpasticSurgeon
Hovering juuuust above the spacebar
pandaBee
Tightly around the shaft.
E m i

pandaBee wrote:

Tightly around the shaft.
i think you've said this before
congrat on 2k posts
on wrist rest