forum

Why is the scoring so weird?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
newme96
I don't understand the taiko scoring,how does someone with lower accuracy and combo than me gets about 100k score more than I do.
Metzo
There's a thing called 'finishers'. It's the larger notes. You have to press both sides of don or kat to get the full amount of points for these; if you don't you only get half. You probably didn't hit those when the other person did.
Topic Starter
newme96

ControlPro wrote:

There's a thing called 'finishers'. It's the larger notes. You have to press both sides of don or kat to get the full amount of points for these; if you don't you only get half. You probably didn't hit those when the other person did.

Oh I see
Yeah I never push both sides on these buttons.
WillSellers
Makes me wonder why they don't just count it as a miss or at least show the near miss symbol
BabySnakes
They tried to make people miss for not hitting finishers but that scoring system got rolled back due to massive community backlash, specially because in the original Taiko no Tastujin games, finishers are a bonus. Also, a lot of the maps use a lot of finishers that aren't really hittable with both sides of the drum.
show more