forum

[Serious Topic] What is OT to you?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flanster
Amidst all the garbage being thrown around, you see one clean spot. You stop and begin to evaluate the situation everyone has gotten themvelves into. What does it all mean? Why am I here? What am I doing?

What value or purpose does this place hold for you personally? What impact does it have on your life? What would you do if it was removed out of existence? Do share your thoughts and perspectives on this strange faint environment. No shitposts.
Achromalia
I'd suppose it's just a general area for everyone to let loose.

Personally OT is not really too bad. Sure, a lot of posts "lack quality" or something along the lines of that.

I've spent a fair amount of my time here, though the majority is spent in FG. I have the same reasoning here in OT as I would for FG, as far as what they do for me-- they're simply decent places to settle in and get comfortable.

OT is mostly chaos. Some good intriguing chaos here, some fair and mindless chaotic content over there.

FG is more comfortable, with a bit of structure to whatever activities there are. A good place to get to know people in due time.

Focusing on OT, had it been removed from existence, it currently wouldn't do all that much to me, as i'm not really as attached to it as I used to be (excluding FG, Mafia, and Surveys, as I'm still pretty attached to FG, and Surveys is occasionally pretty cool to stop by).
johnmedina999
I find shitposting and necroposting fun, and OT is just the place I like to do it.

Sometimes I put effort into shitposts and do something like Johnny for OT Pres. and OT!News but I am busy and I can't commit myself to that anymore so I resort to trashposts.

If OT was deleted I would just find somewhere else to shitpost. Keeping in touch with the folks here, of course. don't tell me you're planing on deleting OT
Westonini
The whole reason why I came here in the first place was because I noticed OT had a small community of people who seemed to be having fun with their posts. I also thought it was interesting how somewhere within the osu forums there's was a place where they don't even talk about osu, but literally whatever. I was surprised with what these people were getting away with in their posts.

It just seemed like a nice place to meet new people and procrastinate stay entertained. I'm still posting here because for whatever reason it still keeps me entertained and because I like most of the people here. I like this community because of how shit it is, or rather how no one really takes anything seriously and it's mostly lighthearted stuff.

I don't really have as much time to post as frequently as I used to because college is doo doo but I still enjoy posting what I can.
Quibbly
FOOL! You think adding "Serious Topic" to the title and having the ability to give out punishments for not following the rules makes us not shitpost?!

I come here to have fun with all the idiots that act stupid like me. It's a fun little place where we do random stuff for shits and giggles and no one is toxic. It's been awhile since I've come across such a funny and nice community.
Refills
i literally started posting here because it's the only fun forum
roshan117
To be honest, id be fine without it now, but when I was active, this place helped me so much. For a while i was going thru some pretty tough times with my family and doing this and talking to everybody was a highlight of my day. To me, this place was an outlet to let out the parts of me that I couldn't show in real life, and it means so much to me because of that.

Also, ive made friends from here that i will probably never forget so yea

Thanks
abraker
I really did not know what I was getting myself into when I decided to stick around. I enjoyed this place for the nonsense one could post in, and my infamous confession thread is a pure example of that. I still enjoy posting nonsense occasionally, but I gradually lost the joy of getting others' reactions out of it as I often wouldn't get the reaction I expected due to lots of derailing.

As they say, "if you can't beat them, join them". Realizing the inevitable, this became a place to me where I could have fun and throw around memes and jokes. I had a lot of fun going on the Blitzfrog roasting bandwagon and propagating other jokes and memes. Basically having fun and being chaotic, having fun with others. This peaked with me coming up ways to make things interesting- OT!Bingo, creating content based on stuff going on in OT, and OT!News.

Things end. Memes get old. Shitposts get old. We go in the same circle of this place going to more and more shit while remaining as shit as it always was. Some of the people that fueled the meme fire left, some others remained. I don't think I get as much entertainment out of OT as I once used to, but I still do if I try. OT used to be a place where I could meet new people and talk to them, but that changed with the creation of the ot!neus discord server. I have no problem posting in threads, but I sometimes feel like carrying a heavy weight when making new threads.

Yet OT still keeps me occupied as I am intrigued. Many say that OT is only or mostly mindless chaotic content, but I find that mindless chaotic content interesting. I take at least an hour everyday going through it and formulating responses appropriate for what I believe would propagate or transform the essence of the content, whichever I wish, to an interesting result. Not only that, but I keep track if the content and often go back to it, noting anything worthy of noting. For what it is to me now, it's the most complicated chess board I've seen that has a fair amount of interesting things going on to keep me enjoying every move I make.

If it got removed out of existence, that's the equivalent of watching a tower I built collapsing. I invested quite a bit of time keeping track of things in this subforum; as far as record and organize a lot of information, and am still investing quite a bit of time organizing and mining more information. Not only organizing and mining, but also transforming that information into stories, events, and lore that glorify our shit time here together for the sake of making things more interesting. It would be extremely unfortunate to see that effort disappear.
johnmedina999
You heard it here, folks: abraker is collecting out information to eventually put it into an AI and replace us.
Achromalia

johnmedina999 wrote:

You heard it here, folks: abraker is collecting out information to eventually put it into an AI and replace us.
oh shit

the technological singularity has dawned upon us

abraker is opening the gates of hell

aaaaaa
Meah
Good question
Aiseca
Off Topic to me is somewhat resembles a place where you can talk to others in a less formal but not reckless. (like friends hanging out on weekends or at school).

AS long as OT isn't stretching too much to be unbearable, it is okay.
Dialect
OT is more than a forum. It's a community. A literal fucking community seperate from the osu! community.
Topic Starter
Flanster

MinNin wrote:

OT is more than a forum. It's a community. A literal fucking community seperate from the osu! community.

I see.
Serraionga
the forum where i enjoyed posting into & had a huge value in my life has died completely (no new threads/responses, every single regular gone, nothing, nada de nada). you can find a small bit of my adventures here (it does not mention anything past-2011 though)

with that in mind, OT is nowhere close to being as important as that forum was, so it doesn't hold that much value for me. that doesn't mean it's not a good time killer, however

if OT was removed guess i would have to crawl back to the spanish sub, where tight moderating is the norm and shitposting is flat out forbidden (with most of its regulars having moved to discord due to spanish mods enforcing their no fun allowed policy on a HUGE scale). i'd rather just stay on twitter/discord myself or go back to a certain forum i've known for the longest time. it's no big deal though

New page.

MinNin wrote:

literal fucking
CatzerTM
OT isn't a place where I would necessarily communicate in. I usually just scroll through it and take a glance at different subjects that take place in it. I mainly do it for giggles. OT is probably one the last places I would post in the osu forums. I'm not the person who would make random shitpost or just make humor out of some of the most illogical things. I'm not saying it's bad it just isn't my type. if OT were to be removed it wouldn't really affect me that much. the most it would do is lower the amount of things that help me to relieve stress and escape reality. but either way it wouldn't affect it that much.
Aiseca

CatzerTM wrote:

OT isn't a place where I would necessarily communicate in. I usually just scroll through it and take a glance at different subjects that take place in it. I mainly do it for giggles. OT is probably one the last places I would post in the osu forums. I'm not the person who would make random shitpost or just make humor out of some of the most illogical things. I'm not saying it's bad it just isn't my type. if OT were to be removed it wouldn't really affect me that much. the most it would do is lower the amount of things that help me to relieve stress and escape reality. but either way it wouldn't affect it that much.

So that means you're a forum stalker OwO.

On a serious note, if you do not want this little place to disappear, participate. :)
roshan117
Idk what i wouldve done/become without this place
Arctos Sagittario
To me it’s a place of something different, and I appreciate it. I don’t visit here often, probably haven’t posted much here either, but I would still say it’s too good to be nuked.
keremaru
i like games. this place has games. i played those games with other people. other people are know me now.

i like people. this subforum had people, and so i joined those people.

ot to me is a place where people can do stuff without having to worry about the limits and borders of the outside world, where people can just relax and whatnot. yes.
Wortal
Off Topic is not a place, it's a people.

I just noticed some text in the title so I'll put this edit in:
Right now I view Off Topic an opportunity for me to do forum things on this forum since it has a wider range of topics than other subforums. You can talk about anything almost, right? So it's kinda neat in a way, yes I do think so.
I think this must be a very special place but its meaning to me is very limited, in this moment.
TicClick
"A few specific people" would be my answer, had it been requested years ago. For now, I... I don't know, things have changed.
Stefan
The alternative to the osu in-game chat and General Discussion forum.
Refills

Stefan wrote:

The alternative to the osu in-game chat and General Discussion forum.

the alternative that will give you 5 different diseases as soon as you post here

TicClick wrote:

"A few specific people" would be my answer, had it been requested years ago. For now, I... I don't know, things have changed.

true

fun forum, good memes
Aiseca

keremal wrote:

i like games. this place has games. i played those games with other people. other people are know me now.

i like people. this subforum had people, and so i joined those people.

ot to me is a place where people can do stuff without having to worry about the limits and borders of the outside world, where people can just relax and whatnot. yes.

A very innocent answer. Amazing.
Naimae
expected shitposts

got an extremely self-aware subforum that only posts meta threads because everyone wants to be the next Great Guy Who Did The Thing
Zekks
it made me happy to be apart of the community, but then at the same time made me hate myself because some of you guys are just fucking awful and rude towards me without even getting to know me first so
Refills

citremi wrote:

expected shitposts

got an extremely self-aware subforum that only posts meta threads because everyone wants to be the next Great Guy Who Did The Thing

yes
show more