How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
im flat
was playing csgo with a friend and he told me osu improves aim lol
good times :(
DXPOHIHIHI
Like to watch gameplay of dynamix(rthym game) and then saw a osu gameplay called blood sugar, then from there I played osu
oji
i think i remember seeing a professional league of legends player (dyrus) play it on stream years back. honestly though i registered way before that lol
Thore
One of my teammates from CS:GO used to play osu! all the time when we weren't practicing. He kept trying to get me to play it and one day I just ended up downloading it. And welp, look where I'm at now :D
Mickerie
When I played “ROBLOX”, there was a game called “Robeats”.
It’s just osu!mania 4K mode.
So I got osu! and that’s it.
exsemipro
By searching 'best rhythm games pc' I think?
Mh012
"free windows rhythm game"
awesomebox
i used to share a computer with my brother this was back in 2014 so i was around 11 or 10 i saw osu and i was like what is this trash game? and he said osu so i tried it i got a c on the tutorial and there was 1 map i remembered very fondly dj kk i played the hell out of that map with no mod i wasnt able to pass it so i just left and took a around 5 month break before making my osu account in august 2015 then i played a little like maybe 1 or 2 plays a day then my mouse broke so i took another 5 month break until i got a new mouse and played again and i met one of my friends diminishing in a multi lobby and then i played much more i played a few hours a day then i got a tablet some where in may 2016 it was a wacom intuos art cth-490 i still use it as my daily tablet it works well so a few weeks after that i got an fc on bamboo dance dthdhr at the time my rank was 687k around 400pp i think my rank went to 500k after the fc not including the chokes and then my rank averaged earning 100k rank every 2 weeks because i was only allowed to play on weekends then i got 1000pp i was rank 115k at the time then i got to 2000pp i was rank 70k and then 3000pp rank 60k and now here i am today
Cuma Iseng
Around 2010-2011, I was playing another rythm game and my friend ask me if i played 'Clicking note that randomly appear at the screen' (because he forgot the name, hahaha). My little research goes to osu even i'm not really into it until last year.
Rikii
i cant remember mine, like for real.
Germshroom
I was in a discord and was deafened by the sound of key mashing of a friend and I was like what are you doing. And from there I learned about osu and got into the game. xD
Alfarai
I was playing this game called AoTTG (vid of game here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBwAkqGj4zQ), which is basically a game about attack on titans. So there's this guy who's a frequent uploader with a channel name of Omega, which I assume has been deleted now since I cant find it. So while i was browsing through his AoTTG channel, i found a video about a weird looking game with some weird title. I watched it, seemed fun, and now here I am in osu :P

and i later found out this Omega guy is named Wookiezi here in osu, afaik he got restricted from cheating i think, was some talented 3 digit #sad
shinra
MisakiSakaki
6~7 years ago but sadly i didn't played it, it was in a cyber cafe.
Disappear
Found it while listening to racing music while I played Forza Horizon 2. Someone put on some Japanese song and it was actually really good, so I ended up searching it up and it brought me to osu. Played the game ever since.
Globorbglorb
I was actually watching some kind of pro gamers video and it showed cookiezi. I love rhythm games and anime so i gave it a go and loved it!
etta231

Mi-Mick wrote:

When I played “ROBLOX”, there was a game called “Robeats”.
It’s just osu!mania 4K mode.
So I got osu! and that’s it.

lel i play that game too,btw that game is greedy,oh well i cant quit robeat because i play that game for too long,maybe half of my life,but my osu!mania skill are from robeat,ah seeing robeater bring my 10 yr old story when i found out robeat

now im 13.yea a 13 yr old boy

dont judge me pls ;-;
edvin184
I saw a livestreamer play osu!, didn't think way too much about it, but afterwards i decided to go and register and then leave my account for 3 months. Currently i'm 66k.
orangesunrise_old
I was listening to some music on Youtube. In the description of one of my favorite songs, the channel said that they had found the song from "osu!". I decided to search it up and downloaded the game shortly after.
Geromu Keretem
A friend of mine was playing it and he decided to show me the game. Didn't like it at first, but as we were on vacation and he was the only one who brought a laptop and osu was the only game that didnt lag, I was forced to play it. And I started liking it LOL. He had around 750pp at the time. Now he is at around 2,600 and im slightly behind at 2,321pp. I didnt start playing osu seriously up until July 2018 tho.
Illuminati_CRAZ
I think I first discovered osu while going through Youtube recommendations. I had recently started playing rhythm games on my phone and Youtube was recommending to me Centipede and The Empress (?) shitmap autoplays.
ZDerp15
rhythm games lead to other rhythm games
xd
Sicoh
Funny story I found out about osu through a minecraft youtuber and he was explaining what osu is in one of his videos and he left his osu profile link in the description and I went to it, obviously I had no idea what I was looking at. So I just went to the main screen of osu I downloaded the game and I immediately got addicted. And whats funny about this story is that I'm now friends with that youtuber, and i never expected that. He also switched his content to osu from minecraft xd
TrinitehFoarse
From Twitch, I think I first saw some tournament. Then I was like "Hey, this is cool" and researched about this. Then I watched a Cookiezi replay. That absolutely blew my mind, and so, I downloaded Osu as well.
chashuramen
I did a google search on one song I really liked and clicked on a result that linked to a beatmap of said favourite song :)
MisakiTobisawa-
Knew about this game for a long time but only joined when all my friends started playing it. 1 year and I still suck because I created my account in September last year, but only really started playing in March this year.
[LS]PositoniX
i played another vsrg game before osu, and a lot of my mates told me to check it out.
Rakuyo
I actually knew about osu for a long time from a friend but didn't start playing until 3 years ago. I probably tried it out of boredom and here I am
RhagnarrL
Well i found osu through searching in google for a game to improve reaction time , then i came across some article that listed a few games for that and there i started watching Youtube videos for those games , i finally checked osu and then that was it basically and since that moment i kept playing on for a long time with some pauses in between :)
[-Shi-]
Saw a friend playing it and thought it was a weeb game (this was when i gave up being a weeb), then spring of last year I think, I saw the Beasttroll video of Big black and was amazed by it, however, I saw that the game was called Osu! and was kind of considering whether to play it or not but I decided not to due to weeb connotations. Then came winter of 2017 and I was bored of the games that I had and started scoping through youtube on new games, which then lead me to that Beast video and that's how I started my Osu! journey. Now I'm a weeb again.
keremaru
I was watching YouTube on my TV when I first discovered osu!, when in a recommendation of videos to watch, since I was listening to a lot of music on YouTube, I saw a thumbnail with an anime girl in it, with circles in the back. This video was Heibel's FC on "Blood Sugar". Having my curiosity piqued, I watched the video, and was slightly confused at what I was watching. I saw that the name of the game was called "osu!", and decided to look it up in the search function. After that, I saw a video of "Caramel Heaven" and, since I was already using the alias "keremal" at the time, watched that stuff too. It blew my mind, both in trying to figure out why people used two different keys to click circles, and how they got so good at doing it. I got a bit frustrated at trying to figure out, so I left the game in the back of my mind. That is, until a classmate from last year started playing a weird game with keys, that looked oddly enough like guitar hero, but with flat plates. I asked what the game was, and it blew my mind.

"Wait, that's 'osu!'?"
VinZentVanDough
i've found osu through osu!droid a couple of years ago, left it for a year and finally rediscovers osu! at new years eve.
djjsixpack
Saw a dude named Renard on xfire playing grumd's Blue Night map. I originally had no interest while my friend group all started playing it but I eventually gave in and ended up loving it. First beatmap I downloaded besides peppy's tutorial map? One two seven three....
scionae-
I found osu! via youtube, of course! It was like... 4-5 years ago and I was watching a Minecraft youtuber (yeah) and then in one video he was playing this rhythm game with cute songs and it seemed so fun that I downloaded it! Best decision ever made.
Li77L3
I walked in on my step brother playing Osu and when I asked him what it was, he immediately pulled up cookiezi's play of The Big Black (This was a few years ago btw) and I was immediately hooked. Though my Standard career got cut short when I discovered Taiko ( ◞・౪・)
Addict
Saw some people playing it thought i'd give it a try
Askoyyae
The Reddit r/place social experiment. The "huge" controversy over the size of the Osu! logo was talked about all over, and I just kinda followed the drama about it. A few months ago I was bored of Warthunder so I wanted to look for a new game to play, I watched a stream of Osu on twitch and thought I would give it a try.

So far it has been very fun!
Nigrod
I was over at my friends house and he showed me osu and when i did tutorial for the first time i got a D. Then went home sad and decide why not install osu on my computer.
ITotallyGetThat
I was scrolling through twitch top streamed games looking for something new and there was this weird pink circle several pages down that I didn't recognize.
CaptainLagALot
I was in a friend's class' group chat where someone linked a video and said "Here's a game for you anime dudes" or something along those lines. I looked at it and immediately thought to myself that this is something I always wanted to try without knowing.
show more