forum

Judy and Mary - Freckles (Englsh Version)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 9:56:09 PM

Artist: Judy and Mary
Title: Freckles
BPM: 170
Filesize: 1612kb
Play Time: 01:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.52 stars, 173 notes)
Download: Judy and Mary - Freckles
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Opening of Rurouni Kenshin
I love this song! Thanks to Peppy I got the timing issues and everything sorted out, enjoy!
Extor
I didn't even know this song was remade in english. =P
I think I prefer the original because I'm more used to it, but knowing it was easier to go through this beatmap.

Quite hard at the start but then it gets easier.

I have one concern though. Why you used 1/8 divisor if the offset and BPM are correctly timed and the BPM is 170?

You should stick with 1/4. Probably the lyrics synch at 1/8, but the beatmap will look much better if you make it at 1/4.

Aside from that, I don't have anything more to say. Cya!
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
I'm with extor - there's a lot of mis-timed 1/8 beats. 1/4 will work a lot better.

I also prefer the japanese version (:
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Care to give an example where they're mistimed? I want to fix it.
Edit: I just tried doing it in 1/4, and none of the beats match up that were previously on 1/8th beats, they're all just a bit too fast or slow, a lot of the vocals are on 1/8th beats.
peppy
Here you go. Used a combination of 1/3 and 1/4 snap intervals (1/3 for the offbeat syncopated rhythm, 1/4 for the other parts) and had to move almost every note after a resnap (except for the 1/1s).

Hopefully you'll agree this timing feels a lot better.

Download: Judy and Mary - Freckles (Edit).mp3 (cecilthemos) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Listening to it on .25x, a lot of the beats occur a small bit before the lyrics do, it's playable, but I'm used to going with the lyrics...
regardless, thanks for helping me out, maybe I shouldn't do vocal beatmaps, since I can't set the beats unless it's perfectly on the lyrics.
Extor
:S

Ok. If you don't want to change it I'm not going to force you. =P

Try to make an easier version of it anyways. =D

*Stars*
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I already changed it, Peppy helped me with the timing, check out the new OSU file.
eyup
Seems like the two mods who have reviewed it so far knew the song quite well. I don't, so here's a different perspective for you. It was pretty hard for me to follow the notes (especially at the start) since they are all linked to the lyrics, which have irregular, stuttering and unpredictable rhythm. I've always thought that osu! (or any rhythm game, really) is suited to songs with a strong and steady beat.

I guess in terms of ranking my opinion doesn't really matter too much because the beatmap is sound. That's all the criteria states it needs :)
CliffRai
This comes out as 4 difficulties across 3 beatmap listings for me once osu! loads it O.o
2OleGunnar
Can you do the Japanese version of the do?