forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arbusion
My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!
CatzerTM
mine is a bit similar. I was on this discord server. I saw that it had a few numbers of playing osu back then I thought it was just some kind of editing program. not sure why. almost everyday I would see at least one person playing the game. I wasn't too intrigued. I eventually saw this video on you tube. it was about this doki doki literature club skin in osu. what really got me interested was the doki doki part I had no idea it was about osu. after watching it. I began to get really amazed by it. it looked very fun. from then I started playing the game. it's a very weird story
Topic Starter
Arbusion

CatzerTM wrote:

mine is a bit similar. I was on this discord server. I saw that it had a few numbers of playing osu back then I thought it was just some kind of editing program. not sure why. almost everyday I would see at least one person playing the game. I wasn't too intrigued. I eventually saw this video on you tube. it was about this doki doki literature club skin in osu. what really got me interested was the doki doki part I had no idea it was about osu. after watching it. I began to get really amazed by it. it looked very fun. from then I started playing the game. it's a very weird story

thats quite funny actually, i found miraie through a doki doki video, coincidence? :thinking:
sasasavan
I actually saw this somewhere when I was young until I saw it in somewhere deep around youtube.
Kanubu
So like around 3-4 years back I played this game called Geometry dash with my friends. We watched a lot of this sick YouTuber called AleXPain24. one day my friend [lilnut] showed me an Osu! video from this guy and he was playing some Coldplay map. That was when I was first introduced to the game. Never thought of this game after it For a WHILE. And a year later when I found Osu!Stream or something on App Store I also downloaded the game on my PC and got addicted. Very nice. xd
Favudd
I found on League of Legends group a video of osu! gameplay,
and i was intrigued though still didnt knew the name of the game,but after some research i found out osu! :D
i luv music <3
Hickacou
KayRift
Back in 2012 i used to watch Starcraft 2 streamers a lot. I was watching a player called KawaiiRice play SC2 and he was doing his warm-up before the stream. He open a game that i originally thought was some sort of music player from the huge selection of songs. Then i saw him start playing the songs to the beat. I was curious what it was and posted in his chat, "Wtf game is this".

People in chat said Osu! and i went on my way to get it. I thought it was going to come with that huge song list that KawaiiRice had, but it didn't and i realized i had to individually download songs. I got a beatmap pack and was on my way. I eventually youtubed the game and i saw cookiezi big black play and was blown away. I wanted to do that also because it looked so impressive, so i began playing a lot. Even when i stopped watching KawaiiRice, i still played Osu! I wasn't like a huge fan of his, i was just browsing popular SC2 streams, but i am so happy i came in when i did.
Lyawi
My friend had no computer and she was with me often, so she asked me if I could download osu! for her. I was like "osu!? what's that?", I did it anyway.
I watched her playing a bit and yeah, it got me....She laughed hard at me when I said I wanna try it too, because after she told me about osu! I really wasn't interested at all
im flat
was playing csgo with a friend and he told me osu improves aim lol
good times :(
DXPOHIHIHI
Like to watch gameplay of dynamix(rthym game) and then saw a osu gameplay called blood sugar, then from there I played osu
oji
i think i remember seeing a professional league of legends player (dyrus) play it on stream years back. honestly though i registered way before that lol
Thore
One of my teammates from CS:GO used to play osu! all the time when we weren't practicing. He kept trying to get me to play it and one day I just ended up downloading it. And welp, look where I'm at now :D
Mickerie
When I played “ROBLOX”, there was a game called “Robeats”.
It’s just osu!mania 4K mode.
So I got osu! and that’s it.
exsemipro
By searching 'best rhythm games pc' I think?
Mh012
"free windows rhythm game"
awesomebox
i used to share a computer with my brother this was back in 2014 so i was around 11 or 10 i saw osu and i was like what is this trash game? and he said osu so i tried it i got a c on the tutorial and there was 1 map i remembered very fondly dj kk i played the hell out of that map with no mod i wasnt able to pass it so i just left and took a around 5 month break before making my osu account in august 2015 then i played a little like maybe 1 or 2 plays a day then my mouse broke so i took another 5 month break until i got a new mouse and played again and i met one of my friends diminishing in a multi lobby and then i played much more i played a few hours a day then i got a tablet some where in may 2016 it was a wacom intuos art cth-490 i still use it as my daily tablet it works well so a few weeks after that i got an fc on bamboo dance dthdhr at the time my rank was 687k around 400pp i think my rank went to 500k after the fc not including the chokes and then my rank averaged earning 100k rank every 2 weeks because i was only allowed to play on weekends then i got 1000pp i was rank 115k at the time then i got to 2000pp i was rank 70k and then 3000pp rank 60k and now here i am today
Cuma Iseng
Around 2010-2011, I was playing another rythm game and my friend ask me if i played 'Clicking note that randomly appear at the screen' (because he forgot the name, hahaha). My little research goes to osu even i'm not really into it until last year.
Rikii
i cant remember mine, like for real.
Germshroom
I was in a discord and was deafened by the sound of key mashing of a friend and I was like what are you doing. And from there I learned about osu and got into the game. xD
show more