forum

osu!StreamCompanion - live pp display / ingame overlay!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Sorry about that, I somehow missed that bug report barrage(lets just say you weren't only one affected..)

Fixed:
  1. Crash on adding new click counter keys
  2. Occasional live pp calculator crash when getting map max combo
Start Stream Companion to get update notification, or download installer from link in the first post in this thread.

DimaMyronets wrote:

Lol, it is not updating now. Program just restarting and again offers update....
You might have updated when I was replacing .21 ver with .23 one on github - one of the fixes mentioned weren't actually in so I just replaced that release
ThatsNotAName
The in game overlay seems to flicker when it previews on OBS. Is this just me?
Low framerate gif of it happening here
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
It does flicker in obs(with game capture) and I haven't found a way around it - yet - other than using windowed osu!+window capture(with isn't what you want to do if you don't want ingame input lag)
No solution for now :( (use obs plugin to display that data directly on stream instead)

..derp
DarkProjector

Piotrekol wrote:

It does flicker in obs(with game capture) and I haven't found a way around it - yet - other than using windowed osu!+window capture(with isn't what you want to do if you don't want ingame input lag)
No solution for now :( (use obs plugin to display that data directly on stream instead)
Did you try this?:
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
..I totally forgot that this option exists in obs - thanks for that, I'll add that to wiki later.
- Zuramaru -
I don't know if I'm doing something incorrectly, but for the life of me I can't get the in game overlay to work. I've made sure that the "Enable ingame overlay" option is checked and that I've restarted SC after enabling it, but no text comes up when I check the "show in osu!" button in the output patterns tab. I'm not sure if for some reason I'm setting x and y coordinates past my game resolution, but I don't believe I am, since it's 1440x900 windowed.

http://puu.sh/AIcF4.PNG
http://puu.sh/AIcFM.PNG
https://puu.sh/AIcGN.PNG
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Weird, make sure that you are testing these patterns when playing a map(since that's the save event they both have).
You could also try creating new pattern and without editing anything in it, show it in osu! and set its position to 50 50 - does that work?

If that's still not it, You could either:
  1. wait until next release for actual overlay errors to start poping up(assuming it's that)
  2. go to SC folder and while having SC closed edit these 2 values in settings.ini file:
    console = True
    LogLevel = 200
    That'll create additional console window with will contain some extra info - including eventual overlay errors
- Zuramaru -

Piotrekol wrote:

Weird, make sure that you are testing these patterns when playing a map(since that's the save event they both have).
You could also try creating new pattern and without editing anything in it, show it in osu! and set its position to 50 50 - does that work?

If that's still not it, You could either:
  1. wait until next release for actual overlay errors to start poping up(assuming it's that)
  2. go to SC folder and while having SC closed edit these 2 values in settings.ini file:
    console = True
    LogLevel = 200
    That'll create additional console window with will contain some extra info - including eventual overlay errors
No, no text draws at all, and I don't get any obvious errors in the console, so I really don't know what it is. I can try reinstalling SC.
Rai Hu
Uhh.. This never happened to me before when I downloaded and used osu!stream companion, but now windows is telling me it's a trojan and won't allow me to download it? Weird
Topic Starter
Piotrekol

Ninuju wrote:

Uhh.. This never happened to me before when I downloaded and used osu!stream companion, but now windows is telling me it's a trojan and won't allow me to download it? Weird
On top of being obfuscated, it now contains code that allows SC to potentially "add" any code(dll) into any application(but it's coded in such way that it's only going to add overlay to osu!) - maybe that's whats tiggering it. No idea.

Krypto wrote:

No, no text draws at all, and I don't get any obvious errors in the console, so I really don't know what it is. I can try reinstalling SC.
I did some testing.
Do you happen to be running multiple osu! instances(or simply changing location of your osu!) or have you reinstalled your osu! on current system?
Go to your osu! folder and look for "freetype.dll", does it exist?
- Zuramaru -

Piotrekol wrote:

Ninuju wrote:

On top of being obfuscated, it now contains code that allows SC to potentially "add" any code(dll) into any application(but it's coded in such way that it's only going to add overlay to osu!) - maybe that's whats tiggering it. No idea.

Krypto wrote:

I did some testing.
Do you happen to be running multiple osu! instances(or simply changing location of your osu!) or have you reinstalled your osu! on current system?
Go to your osu! folder and look for "freetype.dll", does it exist?
Yeah, my osu folder is on a different drive and not in the default location. I only have one instance of osu running as far as I know. osu!SC does pick up my osu folder is in my D drive though. I’m not home atm, but I’ll edit my post if I have the freetype.dll or not.

EDIT: I do have freetype.dll in my osu folder.
Dr3w_1337
10/10 nice trojan... GJ!

RIP Windows
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Yeah... no. Try pulling source code from github, compiling it yourself in Release version and scan resulting exe

... and you shall receive something like this: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ecb2b ... /detection

I have no clue what caused this, I'll spend some time today/tomorrow to figure out what code is causing it.

//edit

Removed like 90% of the SC code and detection ratio did not change (I removed each module code itself, not only references in initalizer)
Guess this was right time(nice timing...-.-) to begin working on plugin system with will allow for:
- main exe to remain unobfuscated
- each plugin(currently modules) to be in its own file (and majority of these will also remain unobfuscated)
https://github.com/Piotrekol/StreamComp ... ts/plugins
ETA? somewhere this week I guess.
TRV
osu!StreamCompanion keeps on closing out when I start a map.
Zak
Same here, most maps I play it just crashes immediately.
BillyBaka

Piotrekol wrote:

Data shows up correctly in the streamcompanion window and in the text files in both cases.

To be able to use these(and only these) you need pattern set to be a memory https://i.imgur.com/2TaQmIF.jpg

>(and only these)

You can still use all patterns in obs plugin without setting every single one as a memory one.
https://i.imgur.com/Q7GpX7C.jpg

//edit
I've looked at code again, and you'll be able to use both "normal" and these new tokens in next release.But for now you'll have to do what I wrote.
actually no, not happening. At least for now. This is a bit more complicated.

//edit2
Also these memory patterns outputting when not playing is a bug, with will be fixed in next release(will be empty when not playing)

thanks for this awsome tool but my question is : is this supposed to still work ? the live pp i mean

i try to display live pp if fc.. what happens is my settings window are not the same as i cant check memory thing .. i guessed it just recognise itself now in some update but i have the red text saying : use obs plug ins... which i think i installed correctly .. whats happening in the preview of the !PpIfRestFced! just under it .. sometimes it updates to a fix number and it would stuck there or it ll just display change map to preview ...

then in obs i can select text SC which i guess use the plug in set it to SC -whatever in setting

and i never got it to show in obs

thanks for the help

Ryunosukeh
Hey i have the Problem that it everytime says this http://prntscr.com/kd4kzm

"Issues

SC says I'm not playing anything no matter what I do!
Make sure that MSN is enabled ingame.
Run SC and osu! on same permission level (both as normal user, or both as administrator)
Make sure that your antivirus isn't doing something weird(especially sandboxing) - try adding exception in it."

I tryed all that but nothing happend so please help me :C
-Asuki-Chan-
absolutely useless in this time and age doesnt even work
VenomThor2
panda dome says its virus lul
sealos
Well when I try to install it i get a error - "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another"
RhytmicPantsu
i cant seem to get the PP thing to work.. is there anything else i need to keep in mind? got the OBS plugin an i set the source to the name, but it always stays like this
Topic Starter
Piotrekol

VenomThor2 wrote:

panda dome says its virus lul
Everything used to compile SC is contained on github & it's built with appveyor(you can see build process).
If you still don't want to use it despite that, you're free to compile yourself from source.

chad6828 wrote:

Well when I try to install it i get a error - "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another"
You might have deleted SC folder manually instead of uninstalling it in the past - that's what google is telling me(and all I can help with given info).

Emerald-chan wrote:

is there anything else i need to keep in mind?
That obs message is default one and basically means that file doesn't exist in memory = SC haven't created it(it'll do it when first write to that file happens).

In SC settings, are both memory checkboxes checked?
hop on discord if you need help figuring this out https://discord.gg/N854wYZ
Asteos
Hello, can I somehow start a new line in np_ file, using formating line in Output patterns tab?
I want to get something like this in np_playing_details file:
example
CS:4
AR:4
OD:3
HP:7
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Sure, use !lb! for line breaks
CS:!cs! !lb!AR:!ar! !lb!OD:!od! !lb!HP:!hp!
spaces are there just for readability - you can remove these if necessary
Asteos
Thank you! Good job with this program :)
hxjz233
Nice program! Is it or will it be compatible with mania? (including the pp system and ranks on every hit, where there is no 300g and 200 in osu!std):)
LazyOPerson
I keep trying to open stream companion but it always says "osu!stream companion is already running!" and i cant do anything.
ThatsNotAName

LazyOPerson wrote:

I keep trying to open stream companion but it always says "osu!stream companion is already running!" and i cant do anything.

It is running but you have to close it from your system tray. I'm not sure what causes it but sometimes after returning to osu after leaving stream companion open you have to restart it to make it work.
F1shbowl
Hey, sorry if this was just me messing something up, but for some reason, Stream Companion will only load 200 select beatmaps no matter what I do. It works fine for the loaded beatmps but for every other beatmap, the window states: "map data not found: Beatmap Name - Beatmap Artist" Just to add, there's literally no pattern I could discern from the loaded beatmaps at all. I've tried restarting, reinstalling, changing osu! release streams, reinstalling osu!, rebooting, hitting F5, and changing settings in both osu! and the stream companion client. It's weird because this never happened in my old install that had even more beatmaps. Do you guys have any ideas on what's causing this?
Hoaq
So .... basically it wouldn't load all maps (stuck at 7300 maps, as in pic) and most maps showed up as no data found.
Hopefully it'll work again in the next update or so.
-Miky-
i keep getting this error.. <.<

Impossibile trovare il metodo 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0> System.Linq.Enumerable.Prepend(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0>, !!0)'.
in osu.Game.Beatmaps.Formats.Decoder`1.Decode(StreamReader primaryStream, StreamReader[] otherStreams)
in PpCalculator.ProcessorWorkingBeatmap.readFromFile(String filename)
in PpCalculator.ProcessorWorkingBeatmap..ctor(String file, Nullable`1 beatmapId)
in BeatmapPpReplacements.PpReplacements.GetMapReplacements(MapSearchResult map)
in osu_StreamCompanion.Code.Core.Maps.Processing.MainMapDataGetter.GetMapReplacements(MapSearchResult mapSearchResult)
in osu_StreamCompanion.Code.Core.Maps.Processing.MainMapDataGetter.ProcessMapResult(MapSearchResult mapSearchResult)
in osu_StreamCompanion.Code.Core.Maps.Processing.MapStringFormatter.ConsumerTask()
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback
Green_Planet
I am currently running version 190308.17 and already tried to set up the visualizer for my stream-
My current issue is, that the map displayed by the visualizer doesn't really change but the pp display still works. I'll descirbe what happens when I change a map:

1. I start SC and run a map - https://ibb.co/XpPXfBp - everything works fine
2. I change the map in menus - https://ibb.co/XFz7t5t - the graph and osu! preview picture gets sort of "overwritten". This issue happens over and over again when opening a new beatmap.

3. I just realised, that the problem only occurs when running osu! in Fullscreen mode. I just tried it without fullscreen and it works flawless.
browiec

hm

the app just stops working when i launch osu, works fine when osu is turned off
Sandals_old_1
I have an issue with the visualizer where the graph and the preview picture works fine but the pp counter didnt change at all when I play a map, can someone help me with this? ;(

My SC version is 190308.17
UMofuwMofuU
There seems to be an issue with the latest update, at least for me. When I open the program, it spits back an error message that says this.
Error message

"Could not load file or assembly 'System.ValueTuple, Version=4.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at osu.Game.Rulesets.Osu.Objects.OsuHitWindows.SetDifficulty(Double difficulty)
at osu.Game.Rulesets.Objects.HitObject.ApplyDefaultsToSelf(ControlPointInfo controlPointInfo, BeatmapDifficulty difficulty)
at osu.Game.Rulesets.Osu.Objects.OsuHitObject.ApplyDefaultsToSelf(ControlPointInfo controlPointInfo, BeatmapDifficulty difficulty)
at osu.Game.Rulesets.Osu.Objects.Slider.ApplyDefaultsToSelf(ControlPointInfo controlPointInfo, BeatmapDifficulty difficulty)
at osu.Game.Rulesets.Objects.HitObject.ApplyDefaults(ControlPointInfo controlPointInfo, BeatmapDifficulty difficulty)
at osu.Game.Beatmaps.WorkingBeatmap.GetPlayableBeatmap(RulesetInfo ruleset)
at PpCalculator.PpCalculator.Calculate(Nullable`1 time, Dictionary`2 categoryAttribs)
at BeatmapPpReplacements.PpReplacements.GetPp(PpCalculator ppCalculator, Double acc, String mods, Int32 score)
at BeatmapPpReplacements.PpReplacements.GetMapReplacements(MapSearchResult map)
at osu_StreamCompanion.Code.Core.Maps.Processing.MainMapDataGetter.GetMapReplacements(MapSearchResult mapSearchResult)
at osu_StreamCompanion.Code.Core.Maps.Processing.MainMapDataGetter.ProcessMapResult(MapSearchResult mapSearchResult)
at osu_StreamCompanion.Code.Core.Maps.Processing.MapStringFormatter.ConsumerTask()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()"

I am not a software developer, and have no idea what this means. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Zedrikk
How Do you turn on the in game overlay?
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
All of the issues above should be addressed in newest release.

ThatOneThot wrote:

How Do you turn on the in game overlay?

https://github.com/Piotrekol/StreamCompanion/wiki/8.-Ingame-overlay-display

Overall, I tend to forget to look on osu! forums for a longer periods of time. In the future if you have any particular issue please post it on github https://github.com/Piotrekol/StreamCompanion/issues to get fast response.
Mandirin
When im browsing songs, my game lags and freezes to wait for Stream Companion to catch up and display the new song. I don't think it's my computer's fault since it's decent. Is there anyway to fix this? Who else has this issue?
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Should be fixed in next release. I was aware of that happening and never looked at it since it wasn't noticeable, but with introduction of LiveVisualizer it escalated.
slaviic
Ive got a problem, everytime i have osu companion open, it gives me weird input lag from my mouse to osu, like it makes my sensitivity of my mouse different at random points when im switching through maps ect. Really need this figured out, thanks!
show more