forum

Do any of your friends know what osu! is?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Unam_T
nobody xD
VinZentVanDough
Only 1 for irl friends. He played it back in 2014
hayate13
my friend is the one who introduce me to osu back in 2012, but im the one who stuck playing it since.
Trialith
I'm pretty sure all of my friends dropped osu! after around a week of me telling them about the game, or don't know about it at all. And here's me - I'm playing for about 9 months, and have no intention of dropping the game at any point soon.

I'd love to meet someone irl who plays the game regularly, unlike everyone else up until now.
efina
None of my friends want to play it
feelsbadman
Israfil
he told me it is a music player
Cuma Iseng
Yes, and sometimes we play together.
Brainage
Probably most of my good friends know what the game is, half of those don't care and also call it a weeb game, the other half don't like playing it or have better games to play.

Honestly, the guys who call it a weeb game are fucking judgemental dipshits and I'm pretty sure only one guy in that first half actually saw gameplay of it. Why I like about the other half of my friends more..
Halokinesis
Yep, my friend sitting next to me now in World History hates it lol
koemada
yes because i talk about it too much LMAO
sheepfish
i actyally got into osu because i played it at a friends Place recently. the said friend also got my bestie to like it and now we play together after school in a Private multiplayer lobby pretty often :)
SpasticSurgeon
Yes I showed them Cookiezi top plays and they were fascinated.

One of them plays now but he just plays 2 stars on HR DT and is 900k rank. I told him to download more maps and stop spamming retry but I can't help him.
Surono
yes, but some of them does not play it / have accounts
TheKurisuGuy
Yes, there are several of them but i only play with 1 or 2 of them at most these days
ZisonZishen
almost no
they only know osu's a strange game thain there eyes,you only move two of your ten fingers when you play osu
[LS]PositoniX
I have a few online friends that know what osu! is, but IRL only one of my friends knows what osu! is, and that's because I've shown him.
EmeraldSnorlax
Nope, no one I know plays it. I told one friend, said I was a weeb, didn't try it, and blocked me on everything for 'being a weeb'.
Orofil
Yes and they don't like it >.<
[LS]PositoniX

EmeraldSnorlax wrote:

Nope, no one I know plays it. I told one friend, said I was a weeb, didn't try it, and blocked me on everything for 'being a weeb'.

that's messed up, he is very judgmental
quac
Actually got a few people I know who play osu. Can get pre competitive
Xirai
I got to know osu! from a then friend. I dont know if he still plays actually.

I know that I remember feeling like a hopeless case of aim-trash, when I started and he was so much better lol.

So yeah my now friends know that i play a rhythm game, called osu!. Some of them I watched me stream a few times. My boyfriend knows that I play osu, and he thinks I am crazy.
I almost made him try... but then he was like "nope...pls dont...honey, pls dont" xD

Because I know how frustrating it is to have friends so much better than yourself, I would never force someone to try it. Thou' if they want to, I am a happy spectator. It's so f....iretrucking cute!
Rikii
One day before the class, me and my classmates spotted somebody playing osu!mania. Before I could say anything one of them just started to babbling about osu! and I was actually surprised that somebody knew it. Here comes the funny part. He said he played on osu!standard and was actually pro or something like that. He told us how difficult the game is. Then he picked his laptop and started showing off his skill on 3*. He was like 'it may seems easy but it is actually super duper difficult'. So he asked us to try and we did, except me.

Later that day in the cafetaria my friends got really hooked up. They kept pushing me to try it. Instead, I picked my laptop and my tablet and just started pulling of easy 5* jumps and streams. That one friend of mine was like 'damn, you are pro boi' and i said 'no. you just suck mate'

THE END
ps
one of them actually snipped my rank just in 4 months
xiiyeet
Yeah one person of like 50 friends, he played til like 50PP then he quit lol
Justified
Well, I managed to get one of my friends to play this game and now he's addicted rip
SolarCell27
One of my friend (who is an otaku) played this game in the class, back then I was like "Is this magic or something? Can he play Touhou?". Yeah, it was 2 years ago. Now I think I can play Touhou osu! to.
Jendrej
Someone installed osu on the computers in my middle school and everyone in my class at least saw what it looks like. Now in high school I have a friend who sometimes plays osu on his phone, he said he doesn’t play on a computer almost at all though. Actually that was part of the reason why I sat down now today and started playing, as I hasn’t really done it before. He has another friend from his middle school who claims to be high in the national ranking, but probably not high enough.
So what was the point of me writing this?
KayRift
I have never met a random person outside that knew anything about Osu. My circle knows of Osu because i bring it up when we are discussing games we play, but as far as someone who plays it fairly often and is decent at the game, then i have no one around me.
edvin184
2 of them know, the 1st one has ~2500pp, and the 2nd one started playing yesterday on mobile (the opsu! app)
Refills
no
Mayflower
damn i know like 6, all of them within the 600-2k pp range. they play a ton and are in on all the osu memes, but i wish i knew someone at my rank so multis wouldn't be that boring.
Edgar_Figaro
Most of my friends know what Osu is but have no desire to play the game as they aren’t fan of rythmn games.
thermosento
A few people know osu in my school, but mostly because some fortnite/overwatch player played it in a stream or something :(

The one person who plays osu a bit is a noob

then again, so am I
Acerbus_old_1
I don't know. I've never tried to talk about osu to someone in real life, but that's because my friends are not the kind of people who play videogames.
Sicoh
I actually heard one of my friends talking about osu at my school. And I immediately jumped into the conversation and he obviously said its a weeb game, I tried to prove him wrong but with no luck :T
RhagnarrL
Weell sorta xDD since when i discovered the game i started playing it all the time and kept telling them about it all day long since i love the game so much :D its fun , sometimes makes me go arhggggg but that's because i f@#$ up :D , and i kept sending them videos of some amazing osu plays :D
c0bica
People ask me what games I play and I can't say osu! because they start to judge me and I feel awkward so I just say normal games such as Minecraft. And when I try to explain what osu! is, people just either ignore me or tell me to do something more productive with my life... *sigh*
Arctos Sagittario
A good number of my acquaintances in Overwatch-related interest groups know what osu! is, thanks to pro ow streamers. Some of the cg artists I know have heard or tried osu! also. But that’s pretty much it.
RiceyBoi12
i don't know anyone that plays osu.
diseum_old
here in phil. most of my classmates are weebs too so i didn't had a hard time convincing them to play osu with me. we talk about osu non stop during class, we share experiences especially most of my friends are mouse players and complains about how it's impossible to finish 1,2s using a mouse.
y3kth0
I live in Germany and in my school they make fun of me for liking anime and playing osu. Everytime I ask my friends if we want to play some osu together they call me a weeb :( I don't really get why they can't just try it once it's not like they have to play it forever.
show more