forum

practosu - osu! practice toolkit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bauxe
Hi there!

practosu is a project I've been working on over the past few weeks, heavily inspired by smoogipoo's osu! BPM Changer. It does, however, aim to be faster and easier to use.

Update 2018-08-25
  1. Add manual pointer search for those who haven't been able to use automatic search with F11. Tools->Manual Pointer Search. Do this once, and you should be able to use F11 until you close the program!
  2. Small performance increase when loading the current beatmap.
  3. Preparation for open source.

practosu currently supports:
  1. Standard, Taiko, Catch and Mania
  2. Modifying OD/CS/AR/HP values
  3. Increase / decrease song BPM by specified multiplier
  4. Change song metadata such as creator and version
  5. 'Upgrade' .osu version to support decimal values on older maps
  6. Presets for common modifications
  7. Stray audio-file cleaner
  8. Automatic song loading with F11

modes other than osu!standard have had minimal testing and may have issues

practosu will eventually support:
  1. Additive/subtractive BPM changes
  2. Slider to stream conversion
  3. More...?

Known issues:
  1. Some users are unable to automatically load maps. Seems due to be related to the memory scanner. Will be investigating!

I am always looking for suggestions to improve the program!

Further usage information can be found in README.txt located in the root folder.

To download, please click here. Version 20180825
Please note this is what I would classify as an ALPHA release. Bugs may be present, so I ask that you report them where possible. :)

Huge thanks to october for help testing :)
beastmode
Mind making it open source?
Topic Starter
Bauxe

beastmode wrote:

Mind making it open source?

I plan to eventually, however I would like to clean up the code a lot prior to doing so. I expect to do so in maybe a few weeks.
IcePixel_
Having your Song Folder on another drive causes problems for me atleast
Topic Starter
Bauxe

IcePixel_ wrote:

Do you use a symbolic link or set BeatmapDirectory in osu!.name.cfg?

I use a separate drive and am yet to experience issues, however I use the BeatmapDirectory option. I have not tested symbolic links.
IcePixel_

Bauxe wrote:

IcePixel_ wrote:

I use a separate drive and am yet to experience issues, however I use the BeatmapDirectory option. I have not tested symbolic links.

Using it via the cfg

EDIT:

Bauxe wrote:

Could I ask what:
1) Your osu! config file is called
2) What your username is called (typing whoami in cmd shows this)

Thanks! :)

1) osu!.Marvin-PC.cfg
2)
Topic Starter
Bauxe

IcePixel_ wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

IcePixel_ wrote:

Using it via the cfg

Could I ask what:
1) Your osu! config file is called
2) What your username is called (typing whoami in cmd shows this)

Thanks! :)

Edit: will investigate after work tomorrow :)
abraker
Can you make this work with mania? At the very least mania + speed multiplier is all that's wanted
Topic Starter
Bauxe

abraker wrote:

Can you make this work with mania? At the very least mania + speed multiplier is all that's wanted

From my (admittedly very little) testing, mania worked. What is the issue when you try a mania map?
oSumAtrIX
I love the idea of practosu, but I also can instantly change everything in the beatmap editor and save it as a new beatmap. As so I don't see any practicaly use of practosu or am I wrong?
Topic Starter
Bauxe

oSumAtrIX wrote:

I love the idea of practosu, but I also can instantly change everything in the beatmap editor and save it as a new beatmap. As so I don't see any practicaly use of practosu or am I wrong?

You aren't wrong to a degree. This additionally provides the ability to change the song rate, and honestly is probably about twice as quick as doing it through the editor.

At the end of the day though, it was done as a fun project. :)
Topic Starter
Bauxe
Made an update for those who haven't been able to use F11. Give it a shot now, hopefully it should work!

Should also be open sourcing in a few days. :)

New download: https://bauxe.s-ul.eu/Gp7GsfNq
abraker

Bauxe wrote:

abraker wrote:

From my (admittedly very little) testing, mania worked. What is the issue when you try a mania map?
Sorry about that, I figured it out (me being somewhat dumb)

Good to see that I will be able to use something other than F11
Avratzzz
Great work but the macro %SPEED% don't work for me
Topic Starter
Bauxe

Savoiyare wrote:

Great work but the macro %SPEED% don't work for me

It will only function in the filename and version labels. Were you possibly trying to use it in the author label?
Avratzzz
no, i try to use it as version name
(also every diff maked with your tools make rtpp crash)
Ho Ping
I tried to run the practosu.exe and it shows https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/JtgD1LZ.png and did not process. Then it closes itself after awhile. May I know how to fix this?
Topic Starter
Bauxe

Ho Ping wrote:

I tried to run the practosu.exe and it shows https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/JtgD1LZ.png and did not process. Then it closes itself after awhile. May I know how to fix this?

I'm afraid I didn't continue development of this. It was done pretty poorly, and I had planned a rewrite.

However it seems the same functionality is possible in Lazer, so I probably won't remake it.