forum

Life of a 6 digit ;(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MooCows4Life
Recently I've been getting concerned about my performance. My aim is bad and I have absolutely awful consistency. I don't know if my accuracy is bad for where I'm at. I've done everything the yt tutorials say. Am I shit but improving or am I just shit.(Or this post is retarded and I just need to play more.) Please enlighten me.
Saturation
If you want to play more but just play for fun, this game isn't a competition no one is gonna give you an award for being a 4 digit. Sure they enter tournaments but in the end it's just a game. If you want to improve you just have to play more and work on the skills you have issues with. If you want to work on acc go to lower stars that you can get 99% or ss on then work your way up.

(but hey I'm just a washed up 5 digit)
Laurencia
same ;(
Skidayo
not everyone can improve fast
like me :(
KupcaH
Play more and

N e v e r
G i v e
U p
Liyuu
Best Tip: Pls enjoy game
ADelicateOrange
Just spam Tillerino. Come back in 2 weeks.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play all the maps you have ordered by diff getting 97%+ acc.
1.00 1.01 1.01 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.03 1.04 1.06....
When you find a map where you can't get 97%+ acc, try the next one. If you find 3 maps in a row where you can't get 97% acc, back 5 maps before, and try again.
In a month doing that, playing daily, with good setting you reach 5 digits.
I did that helping some friends around your rank and they up to 5 digits in no time and with good acc.
A couple of them are already around my rank.
May be a little boring at start but start getting more and more interesting so fast.
Juuuuuuuuul
it's ok, just play for fun if you can improve, you will improve. Some people are fast, some are slow.
i'm at 400+ hours playtime and still struggle on a lot of 3* but i don't care since i'm playing for fun and relaxing, not for improvement, irl is stressful enough to not care about a game.

Download around 5000 maps, sort them by difficulty, play all and don't skip stuff.
kai99
tillerino doesnt help unless youre rlly in a good condition
just enjoy game
Maxis
As everyone else has said, play what you want and don't worry if you suck. But if you genuinely want to improve, here's my advice after looking at your profile:

I assume from your playcount/level that you're playing very short maps and/or are retrying constantly. Both of these are bad for building consistency because you'll learn combo breaks really don't matter since you can just hit retry. If you want to work on consistency, stay away from TV sized maps and try your best to hold combo / FC on longer maps. When you break, don't retry, keep playing through the rest of the map and just do your best. You'll only learn how to hold combo by actually trying to hold combo.

It also seems like you may be playing maps that are just too hard for you (Having Bs and Cs in your top plays are signs of this). Dial it back and only play maps you can get As or higher on. They should be challenging, but not a mashfest, you should feel like you can theoretically FC them. Play these maps and try to improve your accuracy/combo each time. This will allow you to still have your skills challenged, but also be able to devote more of your attention into actually improving your aim, accuracy, consistency, reading, etc. where you simply couldn't on harder maps.

Overall, stop playing for rank because ironically this does nothing for skill. Focus solely on improvement first and rank will catch up with you afterwards.
Zain Sugieres
wtf bro same my aim and accuracy suck dont make it a 6 digit exclusive thing
koemada
mood
Saturation

Zain Sugieres wrote:

wtf bro same my aim and accuracy suck dont make it a 6 digit exclusive thing

>98% acc
>acc sucks
Well guess I have to kill myself since I have 96%
zalvarc
it's been over 3 years how come u havent got out from 6 digits D:
it seems there are just some ppl that suck at the game but enjoy playing it regardless
and.. i'm one of those ppl too xD
Vuelo Eluko

zalvarc wrote:

it seems there are just some ppl that suck at the game but enjoy playing it regardless

you play too much farm crap maps, diversify.
Almost

zalvarc wrote:

Everyone has the potential get to top 100 (as long as you don't have any mental/physical disabilities). The problem is that most people don't know how to practice the right way or don't put in enough effort to practice the right way.
zalvarc

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

zalvarc wrote:

you play too much farm crap maps, diversify.

it's been 3 months and i dont play farms as much, only occasionally. but farm maps are shorter and give pp so they are the ones that will be highlighted on the profile at all times.

Almost wrote:

zalvarc wrote:

Everyone has the potential get to top 100 (as long as you don't have any mental/physical disabilities). The problem is that most people don't know how to practice the right way or don't put in enough effort to practice the right way.

'almost' true .. pun intended
anyway,
im sure everyone know that anyone can be a pro if they practice hard enough.
and those problems are indeed true, but there's another one.
for people like me and i think the TS too, we just already into the game so much and we start it the bad way. we can't simply practice the right way because it's not fun and it's harder than a beginner trying to practice the first time. \

and i dont think i care about being good so much that i would spend a crazy amount of time and patience to practice the right way. for me, with what i have now, i can have fun with this game easily if i dont think too much about being 'good'.

i mean i enjoy playing 5* and some 6* maps with HR, and some 4-5* maps with DT. can i fc those maps? nope. am i struggling too hard with those maps? not so much. i can combo like half the map and get B-A rank, but nowhere near fc.
i just cant enjoy playing 4* maps nomod properly, even tho in theory i should be able to fc 4* nomod maps, i just cant. with enough practice i can do it.. true, but it's not fun. the only situation where it can be fun is when i cant play those 5-6* maps.

so yeah, im just a victim of the bad way to play this game. im not complaining tho, since i can still enjoy the game.
Exterior
Am I a good player ?
Molly Sandera

Almost wrote:

zalvarc wrote:

Hey i want to practice the right way, i am set back at 3* for more than two months and i don't know why I'm improving so slow
show more