forum

No Fail Changes

posted
Total Posts

Should we be refunded the 50% No Fail score reduction from passing a map?

Yes
87.50%
No
12.50%
Total votes: 8
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
KiraYuuichiDesu
So I'm not sure how the rest of the community feels about this, but sometimes I turn on No Fail on a really hard/challenging map just so I can listen/play through the entire song, then if I manage to "pass" it without letting the HP bar hit 0, I would then feel like I might as well have accomplished nothing since the No Fail mod halved my score despite me never needing it in the first place.

I think if we can pass a map without the HP bar hitting 0, we should be given back the 50% loss in score from turning on No Fail, as in the score reduction from using the mod never happened. After all, the mod's effects were never once implemented or used throughout the entire map - you played it till the end without "failing". Thoughts?
Toxi
This just simply wouldn't work. It could be abused for people to decide what scores end up submitted or not, and you're not supposed to be able to determine that before you play the map.
abraker

Toxi wrote:

. It could be abused for people to decide what scores end up submitted or not, and you're not supposed to be able to determine that before you play the map.
???

If your HP goes to 0, it won't be submitted. Otherwise, it can be submitted. I don't see the problem here. Multiplayer is basically what the OP is describing. People do the opposite often on purpose - Fail on purpose in multiplayer so their score wouldn't submit. It just brings that aspect into single player, with added benefit that you can play though the entire map on your own if you want to after failing.

@OP if you want to what you are describing without official support in single player, just use the "!mp start" command in multiplayer chat and you can play on your own with that feature.
show more