forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8734694
zoklev
headphones shouldn't matter that much for osu. It should be enough if you can hear the music clearly without delay.
N0thingSpecial
Not sure how good Bluetooth nowadays are, but best avoid them, otherwise even skullcandy earbuds would work
The Gambler
Even if you get decent headphones, the bitrate used for osu is not high-fidelity (128 kbps) audio. It would be compressed, lossy audio, but much more perceived than usual.

Not to mention meme songs which are just clippy af.

I say this as an owner of a decent pair of cans (HD 598 SR) and a DAC (FiiO E10K).
SpasticSurgeon

Tatsuo-desu wrote:

I currently have hyperx cloud 2. I am deciding if I should get new headphones. The headphones I am thinking of getting are hyperx cloud alpha. Does anyone have both of these headphones? Is there any big difference between them and which one do you find more comfortable?

I personally love my audiotechnicas. Having a good pair makes me enjoy the experience more and it's an important part of my motivation.
ManuelOsuPlayer

The Gambler wrote:

Even if you get decent headphones, the bitrate used for osu is not high-fidelity (128 kbps) audio. It would be compressed, lossy audio, but much more perceived than usual.

I say this as an owner of a decent pair of cans (HD 598 SR) and a DAC (FiiO E10K).
You can listen on youtube the songs and play without music on the game. Just by having the same bpm and make it match should be rhythm playable.
The Gambler

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

You can listen on youtube the songs and play without music on the game. Just by having the same bpm and make it match should be rhythm playable.

If the syncing issues didn't already make themselves evident...
raccoongamer

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

Dude, please don’t try mapping if offset doesn’t matter to you to THAT extent.
earlgrim

Tatsuo-desu wrote:

I currently have hyperx cloud 2. I am deciding if I should get new headphones. The headphones I am thinking of getting are hyperx cloud alpha. Does anyone have both of these headphones? Is there any big difference between them and which one do you find more comfortable?

Hyper X cloud 2 is pretty decent for headphones. I don't personally see any merit in an upgrade unless they are broken. Not saying you shouldn't grab a pair if there is something in particular your looking for. The hyper cloud alpha would have great longevity with the interchangeable cables if thats what your into.
show more