forum

[invalid] Taiko: Exclude DDKK-/KKDD-Playstyle from Leaderboards

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
animexamera
As a Taiko player playing kddk i feel ridiculed by being compared to ddkk-/kkdd-players.
I wish for having a leaderboard with only kddk players, taiko in its authentic way.

This could be implemented by making another mode called osu!bongo for ddkk/players or simply banning the playstyle or whatever else comes to mind.
amge
???????
Tsred
Lol please tell me this is a joke
Catgirl
agree
yea
what about kdkd players
Garpo
what about my 4 keys, 1 hand + mouse playstyle.
do I keep a special leaderboard for that or will I be banned :(
[Crz]LaoGan636
As a Taiko!mania player playing ddkk i feel ridiculed by being compared to kddk-/dkkd-players.
I wish for having a leaderboard with only ddkk players, taiko!mania in its authentic way.

This could be implemented by making another mode called osu!taiko for kddk/players or simply banning the playstyle or whatever else comes to mind.
Cynplytholowazy
Are you trying to discriminate players who play ddkk and kkdd?!?! I don't see a problem having people with ddkk or kkdd style on the leaderboards; they just play different styles and that's it! They are still playing taiko! Give me a valid reason why you decide to discriminate players who play ddkk or kkdd otherwise no one is going to approve it.

Stop these offensive memes
World Fraction
what am i looking at here?????
tatatat
This suggestion is literally impossible. It is impossible to prove what keys the player is using. They can always trick the game and spoof the controller. You'd need to spy on the controller with a web cam or some other invasion of privacy to prove it.
DeletedUser_6637817
There is no possible way to recognize their playstyle. Case closed.

(Even if there were, there would be programs to circumvent after some time so....)
hi im costarino
I actually think the exact same and was wondering if I was the only one.
Every time I see someone lower rank than me playing harder maps (technical or speed-based) it's 100% a ddkk/kkdd player or someone that came from TnT.
I get really pissed when people compare me to others that use a way easier playstyle.
I had some lines on my profile about a few weeks ago in fact
tatatat
I play ddkk and I am blessed to have chosen the easier key configuration. Except if I want to play TnT, rip.
Cynplytholowazy
First thing first, it is impossible to judge whether people are using which kind of playstyle to play taiko. You CANNOT use the fact that lower rankers playing harder maps than you to imply they are using ddkk playstyle; they may in fact be better than you, you can't really tell.
Second, there is no way to prove whether kddk or ddkk is an easier playstyle. Some people do think that "oh how people are using ddkk playstyle, I don't understand, I think kddk is easier".
Also, you just simply can't blame other people who can play harder maps than you. If you want to be able.to play harder maps, practice more and improve, not just saying "why other people are using easier ways to play this game".

tatatat: some people are used to playing kddk and they can't adapt playing ddkk. Its just personal preference on which playstyle is easier.

hi im costarino: I come from TnT and I use ddkk playstyle yet I'm worse than you, but I didn't complain. There's no such thing as "easier playstyle" anyways, its just personal preference, so you shouldn't complain either, just improve.

I want to stop writing passages...
Aurele
Sorry, this is not a possible feature.

Thank you for your concern!