forum

[Archived] tablet area confusion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RazorLily
I just got a new tablet (Wacom intuos) and when changing the area it says to change it with counts. what does this mean? and also what is 3 inches and 4 inches in counts?
Doge Owner
You can select whichever area you prefer, When you're on this screen, just drag it with your mouse instead of putting numbers it's easier this way.
Topic Starter
RazorLily

Doge Owner wrote:

You can select whichever area you prefer, When you're on this screen, just drag it with your mouse instead of putting numbers it's easier this way.

this isn't my first tablet so I wanted to get the same area
Doge Owner
Try to copy the numbers from your old area.
Topic Starter
RazorLily

Doge Owner wrote:

Try to copy the numbers from your old area.

would you know how to do that on a xp-pen g430
Death
You can measure or look up your tablet's active area dimensions and use a little math to figure out how to convert inches to counts. Just divide the maximum count number by your tablet's size to get the counts per unit of measurement.

I don't have specific numbers but here are some random ones as an example.

Let's say the "right" number maxes out at 14,000 and your tablet's width is 6 inches. That's around 2,333.33 counts per inch (14,000 / 6).

Based on the numbers you said earlier, I'm assuming you were using an area of 3 x 4 inches?
Multiply both of those numbers by the counts per inch number you found earlier, it should stay consistent for both width and height. Using my random numbers:

3 * 2,333.33 = 7,000
4 * 2,333.33 = 9,333

Assuming you keep the top and left values set to 0, you can just set your right and bottom values to the numbers you get. You can change the top and left values to be something other than 0, but the difference between their counterparts (bottom and right) need to remain the same. In the example I used, the difference between left and right will always need to be 7,000 and the difference between top and bottom will need to be 9,333.
show more