forum

Loved Captain's Pick Round 23 (osu!catch) [7/29/18]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toy
Hello everyone!

Thank you for your participation in last week's Loved votes. Please help keep up the participation by sharing this thread with as many people as you can. Remember that the more people that involve themselves with this category, the more of a success it can be.

If you wish to get involved by submitting maps you'd like to see Loved, use this form!

If you'd like to keep up with the spreadsheet of maps that we select from, created from submissions in the form above, click here!

Results for last week can be found here:
osu!catch

Maps that receive 80% approval will be moved into the Loved category.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are this week's nominees for osu!catch:
Map selection provided by Zak, Tenshichan, Spectator, and Sartan

DJ Sharpnel - Pacific Girls by ExGon
Vote for this map here!

Team Grimoire - C18H27NO3 by Milquar
Vote for this map here!
-rage
2 maps? might as well not have this category. not until you can get way more picks maybe
Des9
Only 2 maps, again. A long time ago that they don't update the spreadsheet. And the nominated beatmap sets don't appear in the spreadsheet. Clearly, something is wrong here. Project Loved (in osu!catch) has been messed up.
Kimitakari
Because less people are sending maps for Loved that's why it has 2 maps per cycle.
XisK
2 Maps? lol
Des9

Nelly wrote:

Because less people are sending maps for Loved that's why it has 2 maps per cycle.

there are maps of the spreadsheet that would be worthwhile to be voted... and if there are still missing maps, ok, they will have their maps. :D
Zak
I've been well aware of the problems for Loved lately regarding osu!catch, it is my fault that the spreadsheet hasn't been getting updated much lately, will work on both going through submissions and adding additional maps myself soon.

We also do not wish to immediately burn through all the popular maps as then there won't be much of anything exciting left to put through voting rounds, so we're now going to try and even it out with 1 popular map and 1 lesser known map per round.

As for the issue of 2 maps per round, the only other possible solution would be to only have a single osu!catch vote every 2 months, which if the community would want that more, that's certainly up for discussion either in the discussion thread here or in the osu!dev discord server.

If there are additional issues you have as well or alternative solutions, I'm more than willing to listen to them.
Des9

Zak wrote:

I've been well aware of the problems for Loved lately regarding osu!catch, it is my fault that the spreadsheet hasn't been getting updated much lately, will work on both going through submissions and adding additional maps myself soon.

We also do not wish to immediately burn through all the popular maps as then there won't be much of anything exciting left to put through voting rounds, so we're now going to try and even it out with 1 popular map and 1 lesser known map per round.

As for the issue of 2 maps per round, the only other possible solution would be to only have a single osu!catch vote every 2 months, which if the community would want that more, that's certainly up for discussion either in the discussion thread here or in the osu!dev discord server.

If there are additional issues you have as well or alternative solutions, I'm more than willing to listen to them.

It is certainly not surprising that maybe things are like this. In itself, there does not seem to be as much attention with the project (without taking into account that this game mode is small compared to the others) as in the beginning. I do not know, but I guess you do not even usually name maps to loved, or almost does not happen. For my part, I am giving myself the job of reviewing a lot of maps that I have not seen in the spreadsheet to nominate them all at once (I have a list of around 20 maps) and try to help the scarcity of maps . (I selected maps from several mappers: ascendance, spectator, minato yukina / clsw ...)
It could be good to be more transparent with the process, I do not know, announce it in the game chat #ctb a few times per day, in each process. Resurrect this. And what happens the same with the ranking process, more open and easy. In the end, make the community look more welcoming, new players feel comfortable here, and the community grows more.
Topic Starter
Toy
Here are the results!

The following maps have received sufficient voting and will be moved to the Loved category:
DJ Sharpnel - Pacific Girls by ExGon
Team Grimoire - C18H27NO3 by Milquar
show more