forum

A Dumb Mod Idea for osu!standard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
LanExtremophile
I have a dumb mod idea for osu!standard and it is the "Spinning Mod". It will spin the playfield and the notes will move around making it harder to aim and the higher your combo is the faster the playfield spins. It may be harder to aim but the player can gain a lot of aim PP from it so there is the benefit for this mod. The cons I see for this mod is that it is probably hard to do streams and it is probably hard to code but I guess it would be a fun mod for osu!. I dunno
Creamy Candy
RIP somehow it really dumb like the title is
worst fl player
JarvisGaming
It would affect the map's representation of the song (since the circles are now all over the place instead of following certain patterns), but could still be a fun mod
SpeckyYT
Really fun for trolls to friends! xD
zhu
giving peppy april fools idea i see
TecSopurtINDIA
"the higher your combo is the faster the playfield spins"

Good luck with the unforgiving
WillOWisp_
And good luck with those hella-fast jump maps
SpeckyYT

fireball0902 wrote:

And good luck with those hella-fast jump maps

True
Akeruyri
Go download mc osu. half of the mod exists there, but it doesn't increase in speed with combo
Topic Starter
LanExtremophile

Akeruyri wrote:

Go download mc osu. half of the mod exists there, but it doesn't increase in speed with combo

Downloaded it and I didn't saw any spinner mod :/
moonpups
Honestly, this doesn't seem like a great idea. It looks good on paper, but it's going to be very hard to code for the developers (maybe impossible ??), and extremely annoying for the people who play the spinning mod.
Maybe with some tweaks the mod would be somewhat better if it was ever added?
edvin184
-
CurliFryNo5
It doesn't sound bad; it just sounds really hard and sort of unpredictable.
Mikmiku
It sound great.
I didn't look at the osu! code and dunno how hard it will be to implement this mode, but, theoretically, recalculating coordinates of the set of objects on the spinning plane isn't THAT difficult thing. It's just finding one sin, one cos, and doing one matrix multiplication. Basic linear algebra.
But there's a bigger issue. A game screen is usually rectangular, so turning it 90deg creates one small problem: it does not fit to the physical screen anymore. Actually, it's still a problem for any angle A, such that 0 < A < 180.
See?

Standard 9x16 screen

Yeah, it's easy to solve this issue by shrinking game screen by >2

But it makes this pretty unplayable mod even more unplayable.
Huh...
show more