forum

ISLAND looks like an absolute disaster

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33012/Island

I don't know how many of you find catharsis from watching shows that are utter train wrecks but this one seems perfect for it.

The art is ugly and dialogue is insistent on building up a sense of mystery rather than resolving basic questions regarding the setting and characters. Amnesia, Time-travel, Girls who die if they touch sunlight, it reads like some kind of parody of anime plots from last decade.
Scenes are complete non-sequiturs leading to the whole first episode becoming an overwhelming clusterfuck.

I'm keen to rant about this series each week as well as elaborate on my thoughts too if others are interested to do the same.
ijatxziki
really??
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
Of course you'd have to be pretty blind not to realise it.

That being said studio feel has only made 2-3 decent shows and the director has directed 1 so odds were against it from the start.
TeeArctic1
I love rants, count me in
Flanster
Keep rants sfw.
Uta
o waw
Comfy Slippers
What's the point in ranting over something that's widely regarded as shite?
Topic Starter
Green Platinum

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Rant was maybe the wrong word to use.

I'm just baffled on how something so broken on conception even happens. It sits on a crossroad of what I find completely depressing and frustrating regarding the anime industry. Plus every character is a loli so I had a feeling it would be popular among most of those here.
Comfy Slippers

Green Platinum wrote:

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Rant was maybe the wrong word to use.

I'm just baffled on how something so broken on conception even happens. It sits on a crossroad of what I find completely depressing and frustrating regarding the anime industry. Plus every character is a loli so I had a feeling it would be popular among most of those here.
It's there so you can appreciate all these recent mediocrities. Sacrificing itself for the greater good n shiet. So in hindsight, Island is actually saving the industry. Spread the word!
Satsuki - desu
well island is a VN after all, this kind of anime is just for promotional thingy, as a lolicon myself I just appreciate that I can see an anime adaptation of one of my loli VNs =w=
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
Holding off to see the second episode for now. But I'll say as it stands now mediocre is a compliment, I'd put this show down with stuff like Garzey's Wing.
Faust
Wow, you're still alive.
-Atri-

Faust wrote:

Wow, you're still alive.