forum

PMU3 Sign ups closed.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
amborgesa

Discord | Spreadsheet | Twitch

What is PMU?

PMU is a tournament with a special format, in which Qualifiers/Group Stages are played alone, then teams are formed by the players themselves for round of 16 onwards.

Expand
1. Scorev2, Team vs.

2. Best of number will increase as the tournament goes on, Starting on group stage being BO7, RO16 and Quarterfinals being BO9, Semifinals and finals being BO11 and Grand Finals being BO13

3. Team names formed after group stage must contain between 3 and 16 characters, and must not trigger the osu! word filter.

4. Failed scores do add towards the final score.

5. For the team stage, there will be 4 mappools. Say, If a map from the 1-999 range is picked, the rest of the team that isnt from that range will have to play Nofail. This applies to every range.

5.5 CLARIFICATION: For each map there MUST be one player for each range playing.

6. It's forbidden to pick a map from the same pool twice in a row. This only accounts to your team, so if team A picks 1-999, they will not be able to choose it again next time they get to pick

7. In case of not being able to assist to your scheduled matches, an agreement with your opponent/s to change the time will be made, then this will be notified to the organizers via discord. This must not be done after Friday 23:59 UTC, Otherwise it won't be accepted. In case of your opponent not answering, you will automaticly win by default.

8. Failure to assist the match will result in a default win for your opponent, but not the disqualification of the tournament. (no overflow this time sorry)

9. Players will have 10 minutes after the designed time to arrive before they're deemed abstent. This rule is more lenient to those players who have said something in the time period, but if you are not gonna be able to assist to one match, please notify the staff beforehand.

10. Map pools will be unique for each range. Format of these is 6 FM, 3 FM(DT). Freemod includes every mod except DT, HT and Auto, and picking a mod is not forced. EZ is x1.0 instead of x0.5. Tiebreakers are sightread, and failed scores aren't counted in these.

11. Qualifier stages will have no bans, Groups will only have one ban per player. Round of 16 and onwards, each team will ban 3 maps across every mappool, spreading however the team feels like. (see match procedure for info on how to ban)

12. Time scale used is UTC (Basically the same as GMT)
When the tournament starts, ranks will be locked meaning you can go out of your rank range after that, not before.

13. In case of Disconnection, the non-submitted score is completely nullified, lag isnt an excuse. This rule may be dismissed if found appropiate, but normally will be enforced.

14. In case something not listed in this forum post happens on the actual matches, The referee will have the last word on what to do. The process used in that match will be notified and enforced on future matches.

15. If both players from the same range in a team are missing, a lower ranked player may fill the gap, though it must be defined before any maps are played and that play may not change on the entire match. if the range missing is 10k-25k then the match is played 3v4 unless the other team agrees on making it 3v3. In which case, the 10k-25k pool can still be picked, but all players will have to turn on NF for these

Expand
Qualifiers
Players will be invited to the lobby 10 minutes early.
Referee will choose a warmup map of their own choice
When everyone in the lobby is there except for the abstent people, all the maps will be played in order

Group Stage
1v1
Players will be invited to the lobby 10 minutes early.
No warmups
Players roll, Highest roll picks/bans first
Picks keep rotating between teams until one of the players reaches 4 points
In case of a tie (3-3) a random tiebreaker will be played from a non-visible list, in other words, Sightread.

RO16 onwards
4v4
The captain will be invited to the lobby, then said captain is able to invite their teammates
2 Warmups, one for each team. Additionally, More than 4 people can play the warmups for each team if they wish to.
Captains will tell Referees their three bans in a private message, afterwards, the referee will reveal which maps were banned.
In case of colliding bans, Nothing special happens, that map is still banned normally.
Excess players will be kicked until one player for each range is left on each team, Captains will roll. Highest roll picks first.
When a map is picked, Everyone will look at the rank range of the map, and assign the mod Nofail correspondily
Picks keep rotating between teams until one of the teams reaches the correct amount of points
In case of a tie, a random tiebreaker will be played from a non-visible list, in other words, Sightread.

Expand
Players will be separated into 4 Rank ranges, These being 1-999, 1000-4999, 5000-9999, 10000-25000
Only the First players to arrive to each individual range will be participating.(32,48,64,96,128)
In case of a range having 32 players, Group stage / Qualifiers will be skipped.
In case of having 48 players, Group stage will take place with groups of three, and the top two will advance to the next stage, leaving 32 players left.
If 64 players sign up, Group stage will have groups of four instead, however, the top two will still be the ones to advance, leaving 32 players as well.
If 96 players are reached, Qualifier stage will be played. This will consist of players being in groups of 6, getting into the same lobby. They will play a total of 6 maps, one of them being DT. When they finish playing, the referee will add points corresponding with the spot you got in each map, so #1 gets 1 point, #2 gets 2 and so on. The 4 top players will advance to the next stage, leaving 64 players. This stage is the group stage, which will be played the same way as 64 player ranges.
In the rare case a range reaches 128 players, The qualifier round will consist of 8 players per lobby, playing a total of 8 maps with one of them being DT. Despite this, still only the top 4 players will go through, leaving 64 players and repeating what is stated above.

After group stages are done, players themselves will be the ones to form teams of 8 players, having 2 players per range in their team. these teams will fight in a standart round of 16 format with double elimination until only one team remains.
There will still be 4 separated mappools at this point. Why? Because When a map from an specific pool gets picked, the respective member of that range has the right to play normally, while the others are forced to play with Nofail, Halving the scores.

Expand
-Profile banners for the 8 winners. Not to be confused with profile badges.
-1 month of supporter for each winner
In case of changing, prizes will always increase.

Expand
note: This is the date of Start for each stage, this doesnt necessarily mean that the stage will take place ENTIRELY in one day.
note2: If qualifier rounds don't take place for any of therank ranges, everything forwarding that will take place one week earlier.

Registrations Start: 15/06/18
Registrations end/Seeding: 14/07/18
Group drawings & first map pool showcase: 15/07/18
Qualifier Rounds: 21/07/18
Group Stage: 28/07/18
Round Of 16: 11/08/18
Quarter finals: 18/08/18
Semifinals: 25/08/18
Finals: 01/09/18
Grand Finals: TBD

Each stage listed here will have their own map pool

How to Sign Up
Every player that wants to participate, will have to follow these steps. Failure to do so will make you inellegible to play the tournament.

1. Reply to the forum post with the following:
Your In-game name
Your current rank
"I'm aware I must keep in touch with the tournament staff for the duration of the tournament, and I have joined the discord server in order to do so."
Some additional notes (optional)

2. Join the discord server: Signups closed lol
3. Change your Discord name to your osu! name
YokesPai
YokesPai
"I'm aware I must keep in touch with the tournament staff for the duration of the tournament, and I have joined the discord server in order to do so."
[ M e a k u ]
[ M e a k u ]
#15 314
"I'm aware I must keep in touch with the tournament staff and i have joined the discord server."
teeb
teeb
LwL
LwL
#3.490
_p0ke_
_p0ke_
#19,480
Moewagon
Moewagon
Gataku
Gataku
#5,692
Fish-
Fish-
#11,520
Some additional notes: please remind me to get a bowl of cereal before my matches, otherwise I will NOT play well.
[ Yui ]
[ Yui ]
#24,350
Electovoid
Electovoid

HD is fun - sorry if i rank up
Tig
Tigzick
himeko
biscuithime
#8,360
Lefafel
Lefafel
Some additional notes: for scheduling purposes, consider me an US player, ~UTC-5.
Chugger
Chugger
AJT
Nega
Tiger Claw
Tiger Claw

Ahntaea
Ahntaea
I'm aware I must keep in touch with the tournament staff for the duration of the tournament, and I have joined the discord server in order to do so.
Tironas
Tironas
#11,764
Arhella
DrakonLong
#3 613
Some additional notes: will be kicked out of tournament in group stage OMEGALUL
Grave-
Grave-
I'm aware I must keep in touch with the tournament staff for the duration of the tournament, and I have joined the discord server in order to do so.
Some additional notes: if you want to play HD then I'm the worst player for that.
Izzz
Joezapy

whats up my fellow gamers
Tomo
Tomo
#14,757
Saltystick
Saltstick

Maybe i'll make it to all my group stages and make it through this time ? ?
Legless
Legless
roughly 1800
washed up player except for very niche things
Akane Hime
Akane Hime
show more