forum

[Archived] Should I Buy a Tablet Cover?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MilkyIQ
Problem:
Okay, so I've been playing osu! with a tablet for a while now. I use a Wacom Intuos as my tablet and it's working out great. Haven't needed to replace it, or buy a new pen, it's awesome. But, recently I've been finding some rough areas on some parts of the tablet (generally my play area), that seem to have scratches. It's nothing major, but when you're playing, you can definitely feel it, and it's kind of distracting.

I've heard people talking around about tablet covers, that make the tablet look cool and prevent scratches. But I'm not sure if I should buy a tablet cover, or just ignore it. I want to preserve my tablet for as long as I can, since they can range from $20-$60. I also don't know what tablet cover material is made out of. I don't know what tablet covers are made out of, but I'm afraid that it'll be out of some cheap cloth that moves and breaks easily and will mess up my gameplay.

My preference is to drag the pen instead of hovering. I currently don't use the tablet to draw, so preserving nibs won't be a problem. I think it may be because when I drag, I sometimes push on the nib too hard.

If anyone has any input or suggestions that'd be great! (also if you could inform me on the general range of prices for tablet covers that'd be nice) Thanks you!

osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
LazyDogtor
I've used a wacom intuos (small) for probably half a year or more ,and having to replace pen nibs is quite a hassle.

In my school there is a coin/bill club, and half the reason I go to the club is for the bill sleeves (aka DIY tablet covers). :P

I basically taped bill sleeves onto my tablet area and it really helps with keeping my nibs (and tablet area) alive.

Honestly you don't have to buy those fancy tablet covers just find something that works (just like how i used a rubber band on my pen so my hand doesn't slip).
frozz
this is user reference, but highly recommended using tablet covers, especially for user that play with drag

how about DIY tablet covers? that cost was cheaper than buy a tablet cover
Puskin
I put my mouse pad over the tablet and when i do something else i just use the mouse over it.
Nathanael
You can also use screen protector since it's easier to obtain one. You just need to get the large one that will fit your tablet's surface and cut it.
thesquid10

Puskin wrote:

I put my mouse pad over the tablet and when i do something else i just use the mouse over it.
How would you do that? I have tried it but it just ends up with my mousepad getting scratched to hell by my stylus
Death

thesquid10 wrote:

Puskin wrote:

How would you do that? I have tried it but it just ends up with my mousepad getting scratched to hell by my stylus
Maybe they don't have a soft mouse pad that can be scratched by soft plastic. This thread is 2 years old by the way.
Sir_Slayer

thesquid10 wrote:

Puskin wrote:

Just remove the pen nib from your pen
Kopi

Sir_Slayer wrote:

thesquid10 wrote:

Puskin wrote:

Just remove the pen nib from your pen
Some batteryless pen will have issues when moving diagonally without nibs
AiceNss
i just got my tablet and i dont know what do i make a cover with. So if you can help me, then help me
natyaya

AiceNss wrote:

i just got my tablet and i dont know what do i make a cover with. So if you can help me, then help me
i got a tablet too, and im getting my cover from foxbox.io. they are customizable tablet covers
Oggybob

natyaya wrote:

AiceNss wrote:

i got a tablet too, and im getting my cover from foxbox.io. they are customizable tablet covers
If you have got the cover already, can you give an update to how the cover feels and if it’s good and improved your skills?
ctwgh

natyaya wrote:

AiceNss wrote:

How is it? I am thinking of buying one.
Trojka

braydenbaka wrote:

natyaya wrote:

AiceNss wrote:

How is it? I am thinking of buying one.
Same