forum

Eurobeat Brony - Batty (Extended) ft. Odyssey [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 22 December 2017 at 22:12:35

Artist: Eurobeat Brony
Title: Batty (Extended) ft. Odyssey
Tags: pony, mlp, flutterbat
BPM: 157
Filesize: 6630kb
Play Time: 04:18
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (2.92 stars, 520 notes)
  2. Crazy.old (5.38 stars, 1224 notes)
  3. Crazy (4.65 stars, 1073 notes)
  4. Daring (3.78 stars, 667 notes)
  5. Leisure (2.25 stars, 377 notes)
  6. Modest (1.81 stars, 215 notes)
  7. Night Mare Poni (5.59 stars, 1910 notes)
Download: Eurobeat Brony - Batty (Extended) ft. Odyssey
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
WIP-status changelog
8dec2014: furst submit, full crazy, little part of hard;
9dec2014: preview points, hard updated;
10dec2014: small fixes to crazy, hard updated (and renamed to Sane);
- Sane updated (x6), finished and even fixed;
11dec2014: Sane hitsound fixes, Leisure difficulty started;
- Leisure finished;
- Crazy spiked streams and long sliders replaced;
13dec2014: Sane remapped with SV 1.8;
- Sane hitsound fixes, the entire difficulty looks 84.3% better;
- Leisure now looks 14.2% better;
- Reuploaded once more just in case;
14dec2014: Light difficulty added;
- Crazy now looks 28.4% better;
- Small adjustments to all difficulties (lots of finish sounds on Light and Leisure, Sane long sliders fixes);
15dec2014: Crazy jumps are now more predictable;
- Leisure is now a little bit less rectanglic;
- Advanced 77.7% done;
16dec2014: Advanced finished, Sane stacking fixes, Light hitsound fixes;
- Advanced hitsound fixes;
17dec2014: Leisure 77.7% remapped;
18dec2014: Leisure finished remapping;
- Advanced polished a bit;
20dec2014: Advanced unreadable part fixed, stacks corrected;
- Leisure short sliders curved a bit;
21dec2014: Crazy 36.6% remapped;
24dec2014: Crazy 71% remapped;
HNY night: Crazy remapping finished, small fixes to Leisure and Sane, Advanced got a small improvement;
3jan2015: Fluttershy03/[_Faded_] mod applied, also small fix to Advanced. Light is now Modest;
4-6jan2015: Chaotic done;
7jan2015: Polishing to all diffs, Chaotic verse whistles fix. Status changed to Pending;
18jan2015: Major changes to Daring, ordinary to Advanced, minor to Chaotic;
26jan2015: [_Space_] mod applied, status changed to WIP;
28jan2015: Advanced fixes;
3feb2015: more fixes (lower 3 diffs);
9feb2015: more fixes (Advanced, Daring, Chaotic Uplifting);
26mar2015: resurrected, updated Modest, Leisure, Advanced and Daring;
27mar2015: Uplifting renamed to Crazy and updated, old Crazy rip.
14dec2017: Crazy.old resubmitted, taiko inner added;
22dec2017: Inner HP lowered.
Mod answering colors explanation
I LOVE this idea! Why didn't I think of that?..
Okay, I like this idea, I'll do this. I might change something though.
I got the idea, I like it, but I don't really know how to do it.
I have mixed feelings about this.
I really like how I did this and I really don't want to change it. I know this might be bad though and will change if other modders or a BAT says so.
Yay!
Phos-
Hi, mod as requested~

[General]
  1. One of the first things I've noticed is your diff names, notably the word "sane" which means to be free of mental illness, yet it is used to indicate a difficulty harder than "advanced" which is quite unclear. You should change your diff names to something like "Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Extra" which is easily understandable and makes sense.
  2. The difficulty gap from "sane" to "crazy" is very large, we have the sane diff, which consists mainly of sliders and small jumps, without much 1/4, and the crazy diff, which is filled with 1/4 streams and cross screen jumps. I really think the set is in need of a difficulty in between these two.
[Light]

• Not too bad for an easy difficulty, but I've noticed a few things, however:
  1. The vast majority of your straight sliders are either directly vertical or directly horizontal. This can be quite boring, as the map will lack variety and creativity, so you should try making things more interesting by trying out some other patterns, making more of these straight sliders diagonal and at more unique angles.
  2. Some patterns may be very confusing for beginners, such as 03:43:155 (2,3,4) - or 01:01:116 (1,2) - . This is because reverse arrows are hidden; not only is this unrankable but beginners will not be able to play this properly, they will miss the repeat, thinking it was a regular slider or simply not know which end to hit. Please redo some of these patterns. Remember, it is unrankable for a reverse arrow to be stacked under a hitobject.
  3. Hidden reverse arrows aren't the only things beginners will find confusing, they will also be confused at the sight of any overlaps, whether it be overlapping sliders or stacked hit circles. This is because they look crude and they will be uncomfortable when hitting these. Examples of such patterns include 03:27:868 (1,2,3,4,5) - , 03:44:683 (4,1) - 03:49:269 (2,3,4,5) - , and 01:48:505 (1,2,3,4,1) -
[Leisure]
  1. I've noticed that the distance spacing fluctuates from 1.00x to 1.40x. Despite being 1 up from light, this diff is still essentially a normal diff, and distance snap should be constant, or else newcomers will find it confusing. Pick a value, and readjust all the notes so it is at a constant distance snap.
  2. Personally, I think this is a much better difficulty than light, but there are still a few weird patterns, such as 02:08:378 (1,2,3) - and 03:40:097 (1,1) - where circles and sliders are hidden beneath eachother. This is confusing, and doesn't particularly play well, so I suggest changing them.
  3. Not really much to say about this difficulty, make make sure to apply the two above points and it will be good.
[Advanced]
  1. Although this is a step up from normal, that's not an excuse to fill it with more confusing patterns. This diff is much more confusing than normal, so you should fix a lot of the patterns in the diff. Examples include 02:00:734 (1,2,3) - and a few others.
  2. The most confusing thing about this difficulty though, is the long sliders during the kiai; which include 02:23:664 (1) - , 03:40:097 (1) -, 01:19:460 (1) - . These are bad because although they look nice, you have no way to tell where they're going to lead, and following them is very difficult. So you should fix this, there are many other instruments you can map to instead, you do not have to stick to vocals, not in situations like this.
  3. Some of the sliders within this difficulty are also unrankable, such as 02:57:295 (1) - for example. Despite them looking bad, they are also unrankable because they use red slider nodes to manipulate the speed of the slider, so go to each slider like that and change them to something more appropriate.
[Sane]
  1. This diff shares the same problem as hard; the sliders in the kiai are too long and hard to read. Like I said, you don't have to follow the vocals here, and you can easily map to the other instruments instead.
  2. Since this is an insane diff, patterns can generally get more complex. However, patterns like 04:07:613 (1,2,3) - are generally unacceptable regardless of difficulty. This is because they look bad, and it is impossible to predict the location of that circle. Also; how are we suppose to know that (3) is only 1/2 away, when the previous slider was 1/1 away.
  3. There isn't really too much to say about this difficulty, mainly because this diff shares the same issues as hard, fix the massive sliders and sort out some /very/ confusing patterns.
[Crazy]

• In my opinion, this is the most well mapped out of all the diffs, here are a few things though:
  1. Repeat sliders like at 03:33:983 (1) - are personally too loud. Add a set of green timing points to specifically reduce its volume so you can hear the music. I think 45% works well.
  2. The difficulty is quite inconsistent. 00:51:945 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This is the hardest pattern in the difficulty, yet it is near the beginning. Either tone these jumps down a bit, or intensify some of the later parts to make it more consistent.
Well, that's it from me! The main problem with this map is how some of the patterns are hard to read, especially in the easier diffs, but the harder diffs are mapped a lot better. Crazy is mapped surprisingly well in comparison to the other diffs. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

Fluttershy03 wrote:

Hi, mod as requested~

[General]
  1. One of the first things I've noticed is your diff names, notably the word "sane" which means to be free of mental illness, yet it is used to indicate a difficulty harder than "advanced" which is quite unclear. You should change your diff names to something like "Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Extra" which is easily understandable and makes sense. I don't really know why change all diffnames when I can change one. The first name (aside from plain Hard) for this diff was "Still sane". It also made a pun because everything that's higher than 3.75 stars is considered Insane, and this diff is 3.74. I changed the name to "Daring". I hope that "Chaotic" will be acceptable for "Insane".
  2. The difficulty gap from "sane" to "crazy" is very large, we have the sane diff, which consists mainly of sliders and small jumps, without much 1/4, and the crazy diff, which is filled with 1/4 streams and cross screen jumps. I really think the set is in need of a difficulty in between these two. Yeah, I'm aware. To be honest, I thought that Crazy was nothing good and was considering whether to make a new diff of just remove Crazy. The Chaotic diff is the next thing on my to do list.
[Light Modest]

• Not too bad for an easy difficulty, but I've noticed a few things, however:
  1. The vast majority of your straight sliders are either directly vertical or directly horizontal. This can be quite boring, as the map will lack variety and creativity, so you should try making things more interesting by trying out some other patterns, making more of these straight sliders diagonal and at more unique angles. Fixed. (I think)
  2. Some patterns may be very confusing for beginners, such as 03:43:155 (2,3,4) - or 01:01:116 (1,2) - . This is because reverse arrows are hidden; not only is this unrankable but beginners will not be able to play this properly, they will miss the repeat, thinking it was a regular slider or simply not know which end to hit. Please redo some of these patterns. Remember, it is unrankable for a reverse arrow to be stacked under a hitobject. I didn't know a 4/1 gap can still be considered a stack... Fixed while fixing the first point.
  3. Hidden reverse arrows aren't the only things beginners will find confusing, they will also be confused at the sight of any overlaps, whether it be overlapping sliders or stacked hit circles. This is because they look crude and they will be uncomfortable when hitting these. Examples of such patterns include 03:27:868 (1,2,3,4,5) - , 03:44:683 (4,1) - 03:49:269 (2,3,4,5) - , and 01:48:505 (1,2,3,4,1) - Fixed while fixing the first point (I think).
[Leisure]
  1. I've noticed that the distance spacing fluctuates from 1.00x to 1.40x. Despite being 1 up from light, this diff is still essentially a normal diff, and distance snap should be constant, or else newcomers will find it confusing. Pick a value, and readjust all the notes so it is at a constant distance snap. Thanks for making me stop being lazy and remap this entirely with 1.24 SV and constant 1.2 DS. I just wonder if this can still be named Leisure...
  2. Personally, I think this is a much better difficulty than light, but there are still a few weird patterns, such as 02:08:378 (1,2,3) - and 03:40:097 (1,1) - where circles and sliders are hidden beneath eachother. This is confusing, and doesn't particularly play well, so I suggest changing them. While remapping I tried not to overlap anything, but now there is one 3/1 gap stack (which can confuse) and at least 3 slight overlaps (which I doubt can confuse). There are also some confusing patterns, the diff can be considered Hard (especially with the map's speed), but since the DS is constant... Mff, this always was planned as "slightly harder than normal" diff, and it pretty much fits into the spread imo.
  3. Not really much to say about this difficulty, make make sure to apply the two above points and it will be good.
[Advanced]
  1. Although this is a step up from normal, that's not an excuse to fill it with more confusing patterns. This diff is much more confusing than normal, so you should fix a lot of the patterns in the diff. Examples include 02:00:734 (1,2,3) - and a few others. Okay, I fixed that (I think) and some other ones I thought might be confusing (I think). I think there are more though. I think too often.
  2. The most confusing thing about this difficulty though, is the long sliders during the kiai; which include 02:23:664 (1) - , 03:40:097 (1) -, 01:19:460 (1) - . These are bad because although they look nice, you have no way to tell where they're going to lead, and following them is very difficult. So you should fix this, there are many other instruments you can map to instead, you do not have to stick to vocals, not in situations like this. I do think they look ugly in this diff. However, what I hear here of the instruments suits only to Insane, and also removing them will be a step down from Sane Daring. I can map the beat still, but I think it'll be just boring. No fix. Though if it's okay to have a beat/instrument pattern here and the bat sliders in a higher diff, I'll be very much willing to change them.
  3. Some of the sliders within this difficulty are also unrankable, such as 02:57:295 (1) - for example. Despite them looking bad, they are also unrankable because they use red slider nodes to manipulate the speed of the slider, so go to each slider like that and change them to something more appropriate. Okay.. I did something.. also fixed this in Leisure.
[Sane Daring]
  1. This diff shares the same problem as hard; the sliders in the kiai are too long and hard to read. Like I said, you don't have to follow the vocals here, and you can easily map to the other instruments instead. I made these sliders specifically for this diff, they look best with this SV. I've already made them look more awful than their first version ('cause if they start and end at the same point they're unrankable). I'll remove them if other modders also think they're bad, but I'd really like to leave them be. However, I'd like to have more ideas for the shapes, 'cause only 2 shapes is found repetitive for me.
  2. Since this is an insane diff, patterns can generally get more complex. However, patterns like 04:07:613 (1,2,3) - are generally unacceptable regardless of difficulty. This is because they look bad, and it is impossible to predict the location of that circle. Also; how are we suppose to know that (3) is only 1/2 away, when the previous slider was 1/1 away. Antijumps ftw! (fixed) It's not an Insane diff, it's high Hard.
  3. There isn't really too much to say about this difficulty, mainly because this diff shares the same issues as hard, fix the massive sliders and sort out some /very/ confusing patterns.
[Crazy]

• In my opinion, this is the most well mapped out of all the diffs, here are a few things though:
  1. Repeat sliders like at 03:33:983 (1) - are personally too loud. Add a set of green timing points to specifically reduce its volume so you can hear the music. I think 45% works well. Okay. I used 50%.
  2. The difficulty is quite inconsistent. 00:51:945 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This is the hardest pattern in the difficulty, yet it is near the beginning. Either tone these jumps down a bit, or intensify some of the later parts to make it more consistent. Well, I think that the final stream is pretty hard considering it uses 1.0 DS. I added some occasional 1/4s throughout all the map (which reduced th SR by 0.02 for some reason), but I'd like if I had some idea where else to increase difficulty.
Well, that's it from me! The main problem with this map is how some of the patterns are hard to read, especially in the easier diffs, but the harder diffs are mapped a lot better. Crazy is mapped surprisingly well in comparison to the other diffs. Good luck! Yay! Once again (duh..) thank you for modding!
Spayyce
Hi mod as requested owo/

[General]

You need to make it so the names are easily identifiable, modest, while it is al right could be obscure.
Your background picture is a little low res, especially since it's ripped from a youtube background.

Try this image: here

[Modest]
00:16:785 (3,1) - Doesn't look great and isn't even to the whole flow of thing, why not this?
i think that this constitutes a nicer look?
00:19:842 (3) - if you went through with prev. suggestion make it the same.
00:29:014 (2,1) - What happened to the distance snap, this is extremely jarring and will confuse players since there is no justification to use this in the music.
00:33:600 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Make these triangles congruent, it looks weird and flows badly.
00:36:658 (1,2) - Bad overlap, looks ugly I would seperate them
00:58:823 (2,3) - Why don't you make these blanket I think it would look much better if you did.
01:10:288 (1,3) - Make these the same for better consistency
01:29:397 (3,5,6) - 3 and 6 are further away then 3 and 5, fix?
02:01:881 (4,1) - Bad blanket the top is too close to the note, bring it out a bit more.
02:33:600 (2,3) - Looks strange if you have these different, make them the same it will look nice and have a better blanket.
03:30:925 (1) - From here, you should make your timeline at the top like this:
and then you should have the first 2 notes the same and have them like this:
that's my main suggestion, you can have a play around with the rest but I came up with something like this which I think looks good:
03:43:155 (2,3,4) - How about you do this for improved flow and nicer looks overall?
03:49:651 (3,4) - Make it the same as note 4 and slider 5?
03:52:327 (1,2) - Make the two sliders the same, it will look nicer :3

[Leisure]

CS -0.5, OD -1, HP +0.5.
00:20:034 (2) - For here why dont you make a ncie triangle shape and add whistle on 4th note in pic
00:32:072 (4,5) - Make these the same so it looks more consistent and has nicer blanket
01:29:970 (5,6) - These are more spaced than the rest of the sliders, fix?
01:43:919 (1,3) - Space them out more for a better pentagon
01:46:977 (1,3) - ^
01:53:091 (1) - Lol? What is the shape doing, just do this XD
Sliders
http://puu.sh/ePEOX/3892988a17.jpg
and add a note just after the last slider.
02:23:664 (1) - The 2008 maps called they want their sli- I mean this is an old style slider and looks 'meeeeh' I would change it. :3
02:54:620 (2,4) - Bad blanket can be improved
03:29:588 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Uhhhh? Add some variation please they is very repetitive xD
03:40:097 (1,2) - Bad overlap remove note 2 from the part of the slider.
03:58:441 (1) - X:344 Y:256 for fixed blanket
04:12:581 (2,3) - Curve note 3 less so it doesnt overlap this looks bad overlapping

[Advanced]
00:30:352 (4,1) - Unsnapped
00:32:836 (3,1) - Bad overlap, it looks strange and will play confusing for players.
00:35:511 (2,3) - The slider blanket isnt consistant, look at the top of the sliders
00:43:919 (6,1) - ^^
01:19:460 (1) - Small suggestion
I think it has better flow in the slider tbh
01:25:575 (1) - ^
02:03:218 (7,8) - Really jarring your distance just drops making it really confusing for players to read.
02:04:747 (7,8) - ^
02:23:664 (1) - The top of the apple is unrankable you can't have that in a slider I don't believe (need confirmation)
02:29:779 (1) - ^
02:56:913 (10,1) - Remove the overlap :3
03:35:129 (3) - Add a note on this time to make a consistant 1/2 hitsound
04:06:085 (1,2,3) - These overlaps are meh I would remove them from overlapping
04:09:906 (4) - Make the second curve more central

Gonna finish tomorrow
Phos-

[ Space ] wrote:

02:23:664 (1) - The top of the apple is unrankable you can't have that in a slider I don't believe (need confirmation)
Can confirm, this is unrankable:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Every slider must have a clear and visible path to follow from start to end. Sliders which overlap themselves in a way that makes any section unreadable or ambiguous (including "burai sliders") cannot be used. This is so that no slider has an appearance that is confusing or impossible for the player to read. Additionally, the slider borders must never be covered up from the slider being packed in too tightly. However, sliders that cross over themselves are fine as long as the borders are clearly visible.
You can't see the borders at the top of the slider, so it's impossible to predict where it's suppose to go. I suggest you fix this~
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio
My head is suddenly about to explode... When do I apply mod - before or after it's finished? Am I to fix Daring before mod? Can a post be edited if the kudos is shot already? Are those diffnames really that bad? How do I replace/fix that apple? What is synthetic snow? How terrible is Crazy? Is the flow a must? #2015 maps can't have anything from 2008? (though that last one I don't like myself) Gtranslate couldn't help me with "congruent", it tells congruent is congruent even in Africa... Did my AIMP really rip the image from yt video?.. How had that Daring become looking like an Insane instead of a Hard when I just differed the spacing in the intermissions (is that called a bridge? How is that thing called?) a bit? Waaaaaaah
Phos-
Understandable, I'll try my best to answer the questions you have brought up:

Firmatorenio wrote:

My head is suddenly about to explode... When do I apply mod - before or after it's finished?
Generally, modders would rather you wait until it's finished rather than applying their half finished mod. That means that you will have to post and update /again/ for the rest of the mod, which will complicate things.

Firmatorenio wrote:

Am I to fix Daring before mod?
You can change some things ofc, but if you fully remap when the old version has just been modded, then the person who spent their time modding it won't be too happy.

Firmatorenio wrote:

Can a post be edited if the kudos is shot already?
Yes, so don't worry~

Firmatorenio wrote:

Are those diffnames really that bad?
The main reason people are pointing them out is because it goes against the traditional "Easy Normal Hard Insane Extra" naming scheme, synonyms for these words instead are still rankable, because they still logically indicate an order of difficulty. Personally, I think they're fine now.

Firmatorenio wrote:

How do I replace/fix that apple?
Simple, make sure that it is evidently clear where the sliderball is going to do, refer to the ranking criteria quote in my last post for guidelines on what not to do when it comes to making sliders. Either way, I have a suggestion you could use instead, if you insist on keeping the long slider-art:
This alternative version of the slider is ideal because the stem if now clearly readable and it blankets the slider head in terms of aesthetics. The only drawback to this is that it is a beat shorter, in that case you can do either two things:
  1. Make the actual apple larger (not the stem), so that the slider is longer and fills the gap.
    or
  2. Leave it as it is, and use some other note to fill the gap.

Firmatorenio wrote:

How terrible is Crazy?
Crazy is fine~

Firmatorenio wrote:

Is the flow a must?
Personally, I think it is. A map that doesn't flow well will feel extremely jagged and unpleasant for the cursor to play, since flow is the fluidity of motion from one note to each other. However, occasional flow breaks are ok, as long as it still plays well and the music calls for it. In your Crazy diff an example of nice flow (or specifically circular flow, where the cursor forms a circle when going from note to note, as the name suggests) would be 01:50:226 (2,3,4) - , because the cursor is moving in a nice circular motion, without any making any sharp turns or jumps. However, flow that could be improved would be 00:41:054 (5,1) - because when transitioning to (1), the cursor breaks the smooth circular flow with two fairly sharp turns. Here are two nice guides to help you with this:
  1. t/86329
  2. https://osu.ppy.sh/news/61334266941

Firmatorenio wrote:

#2015 maps can't have anything from 2008? (though that last one I don't like myself)
Well no, they shouldn't. Back in 2008, making nice looking sliders was difficult for them because they had an older version of the slider algorithm, which meant making nice looking curves on their sliders was very hard, and often resulted in a mess. That's why 2008 maps often had sharp, linear sliders that often have sharp, 90° turns. In 2015 though, you should avoid sliders like this because we have an improved slider algorithm, which means that curves and such are very easy to make now, and they look a lot better than the old 2008 style sliders. To get a better idea of what I am talking about, compare an actual 2008 map (example: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/917) to a modern 2014/2015 map, that you should be able to find easily.

Firmatorenio wrote:

Gtranslate couldn't help me with "congruent", it tells congruent is congruent even in Africa...
If two shapes are congruent, then it means that they are geometrically identical to each other. [ Space ] is basically telling you to make both triangles the exact same shape, so just copy + paste the three notes on top and ctrl+J the new pattern, once you do that then you can move it to the appropriate place.

Firmatorenio wrote:

Did my AIMP really rip the image from yt video?..
I'm not sure, but either way the background that [ Space ] provided is better in terms of quality, so you should use that instead.

Firmatorenio wrote:

How had that Daring become looking like an Insane instead of a Hard when I just differed the spacing in the intermissions (is that called a bridge? How is that thing called?) a bit? Waaaaaaah
Because with higher spacing, the cursor has to travel further to hit the notes, making it harder overall. An intermission is a break or pause, so I'm guessing you mean the gaps in the timeline that separates notes from each other. Either way though, Daring does its job fine in terms of being a suitable difficulty.

Well, hopefully that cleared things up, if you have any more questions then feel free to just ask me and I'll gladly go through it with you ^.^
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio
Oh. My. Word.

I didn't expect this all at all. Eh..

[ Faded ] wrote:

You can change some things ofc, but if you fully remap when the old version has just been modded, then the person who spent their time modding it won't be too happy.
I realised I didn't polish that Daring diff after changing the said DS is intermissions.. or whatever that thing is called, I mean the part between a chorus and a verse.

The apple: Oh Luna, I like it so much, but I still don't like the one in Advanced, so I think I'll replace three there with just the beat...

Anyway, wow. Thank you so much on that. I'd try to give another kudos though I know they don't allow two givings to the same player on the same map...
P.S. and sorry for my english, I know my past tenses are terrible
Spayyce
continuation of mod

(no kds for this post :3)

[Daring]
00:16:021 (3,1) - I would remove the overlap here it looks wierd and is hard to read.
00:20:416 (9,10) - Add a note inbetween these it suddenly stops and is inconsistent.
00:33:409 (7) - x:312 y:104
00:33:505 (8) - x:316 y:100
00:33:601 (1) - x:320 y:96
00:50:416 (1) - Whistle the beginning and the end of this slider so it fits the music
01:05:320 (7,8) - Why a random jump it is really strange since all the notes before were spacing normally.
01:05:320 (7,8,1) - ^
01:14:492 (4) - Curve this the same and bring it to here:
01:43:919 (1) - Move this 1 tiny pixel to the left for a proper blanket #nazimod
01:44:683 (4,5) - This is a bad flow you see how the player has to move their cursor back to get the note it feels strange when you play it like this you need a nice flow across the map.
02:03:218 (4,1) - Bad overlap, seperate the two?
02:23:664 (1) - Unrankable for slider reason before
03:19:269 (3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - Wut? This doesn't sound good landing on 1/2 I would reconsider the mapping here :)
03:52:900 (2,3) - How about a blanket here I think it would look nicer if you did so.

[Chaotic]
HP -0.5
Some of the combos in the streams are quite long.
00:24:428 (1) - Why not adda buildup stream here since it's one of your harder difficulties?
01:04:365 (2,3) - Slider 3 is a bit too low, I would bring it up a bit more for better flow
01:04:747 (3,4,5,6) - This all looks a bit overwhelming even for the more experienced players I would reconsider the pattern.
01:07:231 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The copypasta (^)
01:19:460 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - All this is overmap listen to it at 50% volume the beat isn't in 1/4 here so there shouldn't be any streams.
(same for the other stream but if you want to keep them it's fine)
02:26:721 (1,2) - This part plays a bit wierdly why not just have a 1/1 slider?
02:35:893 (1,2) - Why is note 2 so close to the slider then not so after that, I would move it further out.
03:47:741 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Very confusing to read I would rearrange them so they don't' overlap eachother.
04:09:142 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This is very messy and wouldn't look nice in play too, I wouldn't stack the notes like this.
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

[ Space ] wrote:

Hi mod as requested owo/

[General]

You need to make it so the names are easily identifiable, modest, while it is al right could be obscure. I'll see.
Your background picture is a little low res, especially since it's ripped from a youtube background. It's not ripped from youtube, it's what AIMP found for me on this song...

Try this image: here Done. Yay!

[Modest]
00:16:785 (3,1) - Doesn't look great and isn't even to the whole flow of thing, why not this? Done!
00:19:842 (3) - if you went through with prev. suggestion make it the same. Done.
00:29:014 (2,1) - What happened to the distance snap, this is extremely jarring and will confuse players since there is no justification to use this in the music. I didn't know how to do it without making it look worse. I changed it a bit so it would look worse... if the pattern wasn't that slow. :D
00:33:600 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Make these triangles congruent, it looks weird and flows badly. Reworked the pattern a bit here.
00:36:658 (1,2) - Bad overlap, looks ugly I would seperate them Fixed while ^
00:58:823 (2,3) - Why don't you make these blanket I think it would look much better if you did. Fixed.. somewhat.
01:10:288 (1,3) - Make these the same for better consistency Fixed.
01:29:397 (3,5,6) - 3 and 6 are further away then 3 and 5, fix? Fixed. :3
02:01:881 (4,1) - Bad blanket the top is too close to the note, bring it out a bit more. I don't know if I did something, but it seems better now.
02:33:600 (2,3) - Looks strange if you have these different, make them the same it will look nice and have a better blanket. Tried to fix.
03:30:925 (1) - From here, you should make your timeline at the top like this <...> Done!
03:43:155 (2,3,4) - How about you do this for improved flow and nicer looks overall? Done.
03:49:651 (3,4) - Make it the same as note 4 and slider 5? Yay!
03:52:327 (1,2) - Make the two sliders the same, it will look nicer :3 I also realised there was a jump and fixed it. :3 Why when I fix jumps the star difficulty increases? :o

[Leisure]

CS -0.5, OD -1, HP +0.5.
CS -0.5, OD -0.5
, HP +0.5.
00:20:034 (2) - For here why dont you make a ncie triangle shape and add whistle on 4th note in pic Done not quite like on pic, but done.
00:32:072 (4,5) - Make these the same so it looks more consistent and has nicer blanket I tried to, but it seems to me it looks worse now.
01:29:970 (5,6) - These are more spaced than the rest of the sliders, fix? Fixed.. I think..
01:43:919 (1,3) - Space them out more for a better pentagon Woo, I wouldn't notice that... Fixed, I think.
01:46:977 (1,3) - ^ ^
01:53:091 (1) - Lol? What is the shape doing, just do this XD Done, but the note added after it looks a bit weird for now cuz I didn't quite know where else to place it..
02:23:664 (1) - The 2008 maps called they want their sli- I mean this is an old style slider and looks 'meeeeh' I would change it. :3 Afirmatosfihdafinslider!
02:54:620 (2,4) - Bad blanket can be improved Fixed
03:29:588 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Uhhhh? Add some variation please they is very repetitive xD RIP english; Mff, I like it :3
03:40:097 (1,2) - Bad overlap remove note 2 from the part of the slider. Done, even though it required reworking a bit.. it can be confusing now.
03:58:441 (1) - X:344 Y:256 for fixed blanket wut
04:12:581 (2,3) - Curve note 3 less so it doesnt overlap this looks bad overlapping Fixed, I think..

[Advanced]
00:30:352 (4,1) - Unsnapped wut
00:32:836 (3,1) - Bad overlap, it looks strange and will play confusing for players. Dunno how to fix without reworking like A LOT :(
00:35:511 (2,3) - The slider blanket isnt consistant, look at the top of the sliders I didn't really understand what are you referring to, but I did something.
00:43:919 (6,1) - ^^ Fixed the overlap, not sure if made everythong worse :o
01:19:460 (1) - Small suggestion Done :o
<I think it has better flow in the slider tbh>
01:25:575 (1) - ^ ^
02:03:218 (7,8) - Really jarring your distance just drops making it really confusing for players to read. :3
02:04:747 (7,8) - ^ ^
02:23:664 (1) - The top of the apple is unrankable you can't have that in a slider I don't believe I'll fix it when I come up with a pattern to replace it, but not now.
02:29:779 (1) - ^ ^
02:56:913 (10,1) - Remove the overlap :3 Changed the slider a bit :3
03:35:129 (3) - Add a note on this time to make a consistant 1/2 hitsound There is one... If you're about 1/2 earlier, I don't feel like there should be one.
04:06:085 (1,2,3) - These overlaps are meh I would remove them from overlapping There are some?
04:09:906 (4) - Make the second curve more central I don't know what that means, but I changed it a bit.

[ Space ] wrote:

[Daring]
00:16:021 (3,1) - I would remove the overlap here it looks wierd and is hard to read. Is it okay to start a map in the very corner of the grid? :3
00:20:416 (9,10) - Add a note inbetween these it suddenly stops and is inconsistent. I didn't see a problem here, but fixed.
00:33:409 (7) - x:312 y:104 Whyyy?
00:33:505 (8) - x:316 y:100 ^
00:33:601 (1) - x:320 y:96 ^
00:50:416 (1) - Whistle the beginning and the end of this slider so it fits the music Done!
01:05:320 (7,8) - Why a random jump it is really strange since all the notes before were spacing normally. Cuz everyone before said it was fine
01:05:320 (7,8,1) - ^ ^
01:14:492 (4) - Curve this the same and bring it to here: <...> I think I made it even better than on picture..
01:43:919 (1) - Move this 1 tiny pixel to the left for a proper blanket #nazimod lol ok
01:44:683 (4,5) - This is a bad flow you see how the player has to move their cursor back to get the note it feels strange when you play it like this you need a nice flow across the map. It doesn't feel any strange to me after playing some of ztrot's maps so many times
02:03:218 (4,1) - Bad overlap, seperate the two? Done, but I think it still looks bad :o
02:23:664 (1) - Unrankable for slider reason before Will follow Faded's advice a bit later.
03:19:269 (3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - Wut? This doesn't sound good landing on 1/2 I would reconsider the mapping here :) Reduced the hitsound volume in that section.. on all diffs :o
03:52:900 (2,3) - How about a blanket here I think it would look nicer if you did so. This is unpolished section. I'll polish it a bit later.

[Chaotic]
HP -0.5 Mff. Only 0.2 down.
Some of the combos in the streams are quite long.
00:24:428 (1) - Why not adda buildup stream here since it's one of your harder difficulties? I'll think about it.
01:04:365 (2,3) - Slider 3 is a bit too low, I would bring it up a bit more for better flow There's a flow huh?
01:04:747 (3,4,5,6) - This all looks a bit overwhelming even for the more experienced players I would reconsider the pattern. There are much more overwhelming patterns (specifically triangles) in this diff :o
01:07:231 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The copypasta (^) Let's give the "more experienced players" a second chance for once? :D
01:19:460 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - All this is overmap listen to it at 50% volume the beat isn't in 1/4 here so there shouldn't be any streams.
(same for the other stream but if you want to keep them it's fine) But I'm mapping the brass in the background... It's mapped exactly in Crazy, and here i came up with this pattern to be one a bit easier to play.
02:26:721 (1,2) - This part plays a bit wierdly why not just have a 1/1 slider? Done, but that plays even weirder to me to be honest.
02:35:893 (1,2) - Why is note 2 so close to the slider then not so after that, I would move it further out. They're stacked same, 4|4px :o
03:47:741 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Very confusing to read I would rearrange them so they don't' overlap eachother. Dunno how :(
04:09:142 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This is very messy and wouldn't look nice in play too, I wouldn't stack the notes like this. Now it's even messier :o
Thank you for modding! About the last diff, I thought about completely different places to be noticed, like quintiple overmaps... Eh whatever. I'm uploading the applied version and moving the map to WIP for now - there are things to be changed a bit later. Yay!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.