forum

Fish Girl - Monochrome

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IMarchI
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 9:24:20 AM

Artist: Fish Girl
Title: Monochrome
Source: Star Driver
Tags: Star Driver Monochrome
BPM: 115
Filesize: 3369kb
Play Time: 02:53
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.61 stars, 356 notes)
Download: Fish Girl - Monochrome
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Work in progress guys.
First beatmap here.

Update: Got timing figured out, now just ploughing through the song.
Criticism welcomed. :)

Update 2: And the ploughing continues.

Update 3: Fine-tuned spacing, thanks Charles445. :)

Update 4: Getting pretty close now. :)

Update 5: Hard difficulty is done. :)

Update 6: Potentially final hard difficulty. Starting normal difficulty now.
Deathrain_old
Well, the timing is a bit off.

I found that 115.10 bpm fits the song pretty well with 499 offset. The offset probably could go a little lower, but it works.

Just know that if you have to use 1/8 notes, then your song isn't timed properly. The slider could be a bit smaller though, so I suggest starting over from scratch (Which there isn't much to lose anyway)

It looks like a good song to map though, and I hope to see the finished product!
Topic Starter
IMarchI

Tyman2007 wrote:

Well, the timing is a bit off.

I found that 115.10 bpm fits the song pretty well with 499 offset. The offset probably could go a little lower, but it works.

Just know that if you have to use 1/8 notes, then your song isn't timed properly. The slider could be a bit smaller though, so I suggest starting over from scratch (Which there isn't much to lose anyway)

It looks like a good song to map though, and I hope to see the finished product!
Yeah, I've been getting a bit of feedback from someone I met in the chat, and they helped me set the offset too. 502, not a big difference.

I can't imagine the difference between 115 and 115.10 being very large, haha, but I'll give it a listen.

Yeeeaaah...the reason I was using the 1/8 notes was because I just wanted more of an area to work in. I didn't want to be closed in by the snap of the sliders, haha, so I divided the line up as much as possible.

Thanks for your help. :) It's greatly appreciated. I really wanna map this song too, so I don't plan on giving up! :)
Shiirn

IMarchI wrote:

Yeah, I've been getting a bit of feedback from someone I met in the chat, and they helped me set the offset too. 502, not a big difference.

I can't imagine the difference between 115 and 115.10 being very large, haha, but I'll give it a listen.

Yeeeaaah...the reason I was using the 1/8 notes was because I just wanted more of an area to work in. I didn't want to be closed in by the snap of the sliders, haha, so I divided the line up as much as possible.

Thanks for your help. :) It's greatly appreciated. I really wanna map this song too, so I don't plan on giving up! :)
0.10 BPM is VERY large.
Never use 1/8th, very rarely ever will you use 1/8th.

General
You might want to lower the slider tick rate seeing as the song doesn't flow as well with a 2.0.
00:03:633 (6) - Shorten this slider to the white tick.
00:17:198 (6) - This would work better as a slow slider.
00:46:415 (2) - Shorten to white tick.
01:46:675 (9) - Another slow slider would work great here.
02:18:502 (1) - It's best to start Kiai right on a note rather than before it. Also, are you missing a note on the white tick?
02:53:458 (2) - Another slow slider would work great~ ending around 02:55:806.

Surprisingly good for a first try. I was honestly expecting a horrific clusterfuck with everything messed up, but this was actually playable.

Hit me up when you add another difficulty, I'll star.
Topic Starter
IMarchI

Shiirn wrote:

IMarchI wrote:

0.10 BPM is VERY large. /Okay, I was a bit retarded. xD Over a long time, this is large.
Never use 1/8th, very rarely ever will you use 1/8th.

General
You might want to lower the slider tick rate seeing as the song doesn't flow as well with a 2.0.
/Wasn't sure about this at all. Thanks for the help, will experiment later.
00:03:633 (6) - Shorten this slider to the white tick. /Fix'd, although not sure why it needed this. :)
00:17:198 (6) - This would work better as a slow slider./Agreed. Fix'd.
00:46:415 (2) - Shorten to white tick./Ah, I see what you were getting at. Fix'd.
01:46:675 (9) - Another slow slider would work great here.Thanks! Really good idea to shorten up that break. Fix'd.
02:18:502 (1) - It's best to start Kiai right on a note rather than before it. Also, are you missing a note on the white tick?
Someone advised me not to start kiai on the notes, so I didn't. I will do it now though. And about that note, I removed it so that it was easier to recover from the spinner. Looking at it again, it does feel strange. Fix'd.
02:53:458 (2) - Another slow slider would work great~ ending around 02:55:806.Fix'd.

Surprisingly good for a first try. I was honestly expecting a horrific clusterfuck with everything messed up, but this was actually playable.
Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence. xD
Hit me up when you add another difficulty, I'll star.
Thanks a lot. :) Will go far in helping get this map ranked when I add the next difficulty.
EDIT: Hope you don't mind me stealing your reply format. It's so convenient~.
Charles445
Hard
Lower the overall difficulty
00:17:197 Make this slider end at the white tick
00:033:893 Maybe add a spinner here that ends at 00:34:936 and add a new break in the gap
01:03:893 That 5 and 6 have bad spacing
01:09:371 That 2 is a tad far away
02:02:719 Move this to 02:02:849
02:02:980 Move this to 02:03:110
02:03:241 Move this to 02:03:371
Fix the spacing for that one particular 1-8 part
02:04:415 End this slider at 02:05:197
02:06:241 This may look nice, but the 3 is definitely too far away
02:16:675 End this spinner on the white tick

Will keep modding in PM, posting this so I can star the map
Topic Starter
IMarchI

Charles445 wrote:

Hard
Lower the overall difficulty /Aww. :( I'll consider it. Maybe get a BAT's extreme opposition, but I'll keep it in mind.
00:17:197 Make this slider end at the white tick /Nice, didn't pick up on that. Fix'd.
00:033:893 Maybe add a spinner here that ends at 00:34:936 and add a new break in the gap /Fix'd it.
01:03:893 That 5 and 6 have bad spacing /Fix'd. Noticed a spacing error on the 4 and 5 too. Fix'd as well.
01:09:371 That 2 is a tad far away /Am gonna do a full spacing check now. Fix'd.
02:02:719 Move this to 02:02:849
02:02:980 Move this to 02:03:110
02:03:241 Move this to 02:03:371/How the heck did you pick up on that?! Fix'd!
Fix the spacing for that one particular 1-8 part /Fix'd.
02:04:415 End this slider at 02:05:197 /Fix'd
02:06:241 This may look nice, but the 3 is definitely too far away /Derp. xD I'm gonna leave it for now. I've seen it in hundreds of beatmaps before.
02:16:675 End this spinner on the white tick/Lol, I learned my lesson about the white tick. Fix'd. :)

Will keep modding in PM, posting this so I can star the map
Thanks. :) You've been a huge huge help in this little project of mine. :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.