forum

Autojoin language specific channel on first run

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +50
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
So, i'm here for propose a thing, many people when run osu! for first time don't know about their country channel ..

The title explains, when you run osu! for the first time, you'll automatic join the channel of your country (you can still close it) not asking for make them like #osu ..

In this way we avoid spam in #osu of people not english .. I think will be helpful

EDIT : If join someone from .. (EXAMPLE) Turkey, he will join #osu , because there is no channel for turkish
dNextGen
yeah

so there is not many chinese ppl who say random chinese words in #osu or etc

+support
deadbeat
i'd support this..its annoying seeing banchobot having to inform someone of a language channel every 5 minutes
Card N'FoRcE
Having this on first run would be useful indeed.

It would help #osu have less spam and the other language specific communities to grow.

Support
Derekku
I'd say have it open every time the person runs osu! (in case they don't notice it) or until they close it themself.
Card N'FoRcE

Derekku wrote:

I'd say have it open every time the person runs osu! (in case they don't notice it) or until they close it themself.
I think Lunah means that the user should auto-join and auto-select the channel.

That would be useful on first run, since osu already remembers the last channel you were in.
Derekku

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

I think Lunah means that the user should auto-join and auto-select the channel.
Yeah, that'd be even better.

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

That would be useful on first run, since osu already remembers the last channel you were in.
Well, as long as the channel stays open on subsequent logins, since it's possible that a new user might not even open chat due to being unaware of its existence (to cover that contingency).
Galkan
Yeah, it's a really good idea in my opinion. It would filter some random non-english messages out of #osu.

+1
James2250
Sounds like a nice idea~
+ Support
NatsumeRin
nice idea, support
Kitsunemimi
Suppoooooooort
CheeseWarlock
It's not a perfect solution (not every language has a channel, and not every country has a single majority language) but it would be a nice friendly feature.
awp

Derekku wrote:

(in case they don't notice it)
for the record, when you speak in a foreign language and "BBot informs you of the #language channel" it auto-switches to that channel in the osu! client

so basically everyone who continues to speak in that language after the BBot notification goes out is doing it deliberately. For everyone else, this would be handy.

This is assuredly not the first time the idea has cropped up, but I certainly can't remember why the idea hasn't already been implemented.
Mara
Supporting.
Vish024
Great idea, it would get less people silenced undeservedly by whymeman too. Without doubt,full support.
arien666
To prevent random spam Korean, support :3
Verdisphena
Nice :P
Beuchi
Hmm I think this would be really useful to prevent foreign language spam on #osu, for sure xP

Also:

awp wrote:

for the record, when you speak in a foreign language and "BBot informs you of the #language channel" it auto-switches to that channel in the osu! client
This is when Bancho informs the player about the channel. I don't remember Bancho informing about #spanish, for example.

Anyways, I support this :3 (also giving a bit more of priority).
Shohei Ohtani
I just spoke japanese in #osu. I got the link to #japanese, but I wasn't re-directed to japanese ;~;.
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
/revive
Metro
Support.
izzydemon

theowest wrote:

Then bump them. The only reason to abandon an old request is to mark them as something, i.e. move them to Completed requests. They're still valid.
Tear
Yes please! This would make #osu so much more readable. Voted :3
deadbeat
this sounds familiar...
Dolphin
This isnt implemented yet.
Why.
Tear

deadbeat wrote:

this sounds familiar...
If this is a duplicate, please keep the one with more stars.
Vathlauss
1+
Rousk
I like the idea, but honestly I think it is stupid Osu is only limited to english. A room titled "Osu" should represent all of the osu players, not just the english ones. Why even have an english channel if we have Osu in this case? I find Osu not even appealing to chat in.
Nathanael
#osu is a game mode along with #taiko, #ctb, and #osumania. They're not a language channel so everyone should speak in English.
Rousk

Nathanael wrote:

#osu is a game mode along with #taiko, #ctb, and #osumania. They're not a language channel so everyone should speak in English.
Did you read what you wrote?
deadbeat
Nathanael isn't wrong. #osu, #taiko, #ctb and #osumania are all english only channels.
Rousk

deadbeat wrote:

Nathanael isn't wrong. #osu, #taiko, #ctb and #osumania are all english only channels.
Regardless of the point she is making, it has nothing to do with the point I was coming across. Really I done with trying the topic because ignorance will be ignorance.
Seijiro
Bump

Some people do not always understand where to go (yeah, not even clicking on the link in chat) if there isn't any Bancho's FAQ which tells them exactly how things go.
Also, looks like this feature is starred so was it taken into consideration already? Because it will really be helpful to have it Inb4 it is planned to be out with osu!next altogether lol
Tanomoshii Nekojou
bump. please add this...

edit: it would be better if it will open #<game mode> as what was the preferred main gamemode AND #<language> as the language specific channel for the player.. :3