forum

[Archived] Can’t connect to both the site and Bancho

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aethuran
I think it started at least last week. I was clearing my computer and did a fresh restart (including in case this has some relevance).
For the first few days, it was running smoothly. I was able to connect to both osu.ppy.sh and Bancho. Then suddenly it stopped working.
I couldn't connect to the site or Bancho. I tried looking up many ways to clear the problem such as:

Allowing Osu! in the Firewall (with both public and private enabled)
Disabling Firewall (and antivirus)
Seeing if any updates to my Windows (10) affects the game [apparently this worked for one]
Restarting my PC
Disabling 'Automatically detect settings' in LAN settings

I'd try updating my osu! to see if that's the problem but apparently I'm not connected to the internet.
I'm really confused on what to do now. Is there anything else I can do?It

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/4KqkQy7

(The only reason I can post is because I’m on a phone)

osu! version: 20180510.4
Kao
Could you try doing a tracert in cmd and take a screenshot?
tracert osu.ppy.sh
tracert cho.ppy.sh

After that, try using a VPN like [google:1337]Psiphon[/google:1337] and enable it, and then try running osu! again.

Is the phone you used to send your reply connected to the same internet?
Topic Starter
Aethuran

Kao wrote:

Could you try doing a tracert in cmd and take a screenshot?
tracert osu.ppy.sh

tracert cho.ppy.sh

After that, try using a VPN like [google]Psiphon[/google] and enable it, and then try running osu! again.

Is the phone you used to send your reply connected to the same internet?

Hm, I turned on the Psiphon and it worked (for both the site and game)! Do I still need to send the tracert?

(The phone is connected to the same wifi)
Kao
Yes, since it's not a permanent solution, the problem seems to be that the PC is rejecting connection to osu!, I initially thought it was router blocking, but then it wouldn't work on your phone.

Maybe a program is blocking it, try running your computer in safe mode (with networking) and try to see if it connects there.
Topic Starter
Aethuran
My bad for replying a bit later than usual. I tried rebooting my laptop in Safe Mode (with Networking) and it hasn't worked yet (only for a few seconds before disconnecting).

I would've wanted to reply with both the tracert and the results of the Safe Mode but for now I'll
post the ones for the tracert.

For the mean time, I'll try to find a solution to my safe mode problem.

Tracert: https://imgur.com/a/Te1tJBy