forum

[resolved] Osu! Crashing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShinyAlex
Whenever I try to open up osu I get a message that says "osu! was unable to obtain a graphics context. If this is the first time you've seen this, please try restarting you PC. If this is a fresh install, you may be missing graphics drivers." Osu! has worked fine in the past and this isn't a fresh install. I've tried restarting my PC and the message still pops up when I try and open up osu!. After I click on on that it shows an Osu! crashed box and when I click to reveal the error it tells me this:

#=z1U64elhN$6ScXutjLe68OMafNiDW: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to initialize EGL, error NOT_INITIALIZED.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo..ctor(IntPtr handle, IntPtr display, IntPtr surface)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateWindowInfo(IAngleWindowInfoInternal window_info, Int32 major, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=zN5FEz26lyeeReWfdrjnq99Map8xE.#=zegPSY_c=(Int32 #=zbrLuJSw=, Int32 #=zxzJ1FKg=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zzeNMliw=)
at #=zl1FmSAdVU5XcZFWz2wwT96w=.#=zh4G6cmQDc_G1(GraphicsContextFlags #=zzeNMliw=)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=zl1FmSAdVU5XcZFWz2wwT96w=.#=zh4G6cmQDc_G1(GraphicsContextFlags #=zzeNMliw=)
at #=zl1FmSAdVU5XcZFWz2wwT96w=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=z_Pvg3ZA=)
at #=zYTfEQdWXPSgMtNA4bKQNAjWhu_TZ.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=z_Pvg3ZA=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zekbVG2TReeQyJ70gKx_9C2k=.WndProc(Message& #=z_sw5Hvg=)
Death
What graphics card do you have?
Topic Starter
ShinyAlex

Death wrote:

What graphics card do you have?

The current graphics card I'm using is an Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family
modrei_DELETED

ShinyAlex wrote:

reinstall .NET framework
Topic Starter
ShinyAlex

modrei wrote:

ShinyAlex wrote:

reinstall .NET framework

Which one? There are multiple versions of it.
modrei_DELETED
Which one? There are multiple versions of it.

https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-framework-runtime

Topic Starter
ShinyAlex

modrei wrote:

https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-framework-runtime

I downloaded it and restarted my computer. Osu! still does the same thing with the popup message and the Osu! Crashed box. Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling osu!?
Picodoux
I can't play anymore too ... I was so excited to play this morning and I can't play anymore because of this ... I have the same Graphic card than ShinyAlex.. I have a cheap computer but it's still sad that I can't play now. Hope ppy will make something
Death
These graphics only support OpenGL 1.3. OpenGL 2.0+ is required to run the latest osu! builds.

Resolved in PMs.
Picodoux
So that means I can't ever play Osu until I buy a new computer ?
Death

Picodoux wrote:

Check your PMs
Fluroz

Death wrote:

Picodoux wrote:

Check your PMs
can you pm me too with the fix ? i want to play osu on my notebook but it didn't support OpenGL 2.0
spectre 12

Death wrote:

Picodoux wrote:

Check your PMs
can you also mp me?
ChinChinChong
Pm me too please
Death

ChinChinChong wrote:

Pm me too please
I've PMd you.

Anyone else seeing this exact error should follow what the error message says and restart their computer. If the same error is still appearing, update your graphics drivers.

And if all else fails PM me with your GPU instead of replying to this thread.
Okto

Death wrote:

ChinChinChong wrote:

Pm me too please
I've PMd you.

Anyone else seeing this exact error should follow what the error message says and restart their computer. If the same error is still appearing, update your graphics drivers.

And if all else fails PM me with your GPU instead of replying to this thread.
Could you DM me as well pls? My friend has the exact same error code.
RektMAD
just use swiftshader 3.0 if you REALLY want to try the latest version, but it will be very laggy