forum

[Archived] Weird Crashes, Weird Bugs...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Exclusives
Problem Details: Weird bug, most of my backgrounds are deleting... And when I try to spectate, it redownloads the map over and over again until the end of time.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://prntscr.com/jeiyx8

osu! version: 20180503.2 (latest)
Naphe
this happened to me at one time.

try restarting it if it helps. although this will corrupt your data base and lose local replays.

if the problem persists, you can wait until a mod knows something about this.

and if no one comes, repair osu.
Death
Check to see if the backgrounds are still inside the song's folder. osu! shouldn't randomly delete these files, so if they are missing, check your recycling bin. If they aren't there, you may have accidentally completely deleted them yourself, or there is another program on your computer doing so.

Assuming they are still in the correct folders, close osu!, move the file "osu!.db" outside of your osu! folder, restart and hit play>solo. You should see all of your maps starting to process. If you don't, hit F5.

-Youko wrote:

try restarting it if it helps. although this will corrupt your data base and lose local replays.
I don't really know what this suggestion means, so it's probably confusing for others too. If "it" is referring to the game or your computer, that's a valid thing to restart, but I fail to see how that will corrupt or delete anything.
Naphe
it did for me when it happened. i remember posting a thread with this and got too busy to bump it.
Death
Likely as the result of a different issue and not the restart itself. Restarting shouldn't corrupt or delete anything on its own.