forum

osu!catch World Cup 2018 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
juankristal
Wiki | Livestream

Welcome to the osu!catch World Cup 2018 Discussion Thread.
Here you can discuss everything related to the biggest worldwide osu!catch tournament.

Notable changes for this year:

1. Finals will now be Best of 13.
  2. The 3rd place match will be played the same weekend as the Grand Final.
  3. Some rules in regards of Group Stage qualification has been reworked. This affects ties and triple ties during groups.

As a side note, we are also looking for commentators for this world cup so feel free to contact either deadbeat or myself.
JBHyperion
Cut me loose on the mic boys, gonna curse Nelly so he rolls 1 every match (^:
Kasumi-sama
let's fucking go
Orhah
owo hypu
Ascendance
what could possibly go wrong this time
Kasumi-sama

Ascendance wrote:

what could possibly go wrong this time
everything?
Crowley
fellas
- Kielzu -
yas
autofanboy
fruit ninja competition
F D Flourite
hype bois :D
Kimitakari

JBHyperion wrote:

Cut me loose on the mic boys, gonna curse Nelly so he rolls 1 every match (^:

How rude.
Realmas
Hypu
-Hex-
Let's start the puns.
Kasumi-sama

-Hex- wrote:

Let's start the puns.
Let's not.
JBHyperion
Lettuce start the... wait that's not a fruit...
lineqtxz
I want see grape puns this year xD
AutoLs
Good luck everyone! :D
All aboard the hype train poggers
Kosmit
UwU
-Deleck-
avocado is a fruit?
nvm hypu
-Hex-
I'm speachless
Leithanien
i want to catch some açai this year
Moeruattack
ah ok, just having fun :)
JayKayVe
Super hyped to see how this year goes
HawkAussie
I'm interested to see where this is going to go.
katsuragy
deleck, espero mejorar, para jugar con tigo.
zapdatt
chickennando
Just curious, why can't you play the tiebreaker with HD even though the score multiplier is removed on score v2?
Billieilish
Let me play please!!! I could create my own country to play with...
Jemzuu
lots of grape players got unbananed this year.. this is going to be interesting mm

lol i tried to pun ok
autofanboy

chickennando wrote:

Just curious, why can't you play the tiebreaker with HD even though the score multiplier is removed on score v2?
Agreed
chickennando
Might as well also ask, in the wiki under Match Instructions:

2. Each team is free to select up to one warm-up map. Using beatmaps with questionable content is prohibited. All maps must be osu!catch specific maps.
What does that even mean? I saw this on last years CWC wiki aswell, so does that mean we cannot pick converts as a warm-up? I'm probably interpreting it wrong, but people were clearly picking converts as warm-ups on last years CWC.
Crystal
hype owo
eldnl

chickennando wrote:

2. Each team is free to select up to one warm-up map. Using beatmaps with questionable content is prohibited. All maps must be osu!catch specific maps.
What does that even mean? I saw this on last years CWC wiki aswell, so does that mean we cannot pick converts as a warm-up? I'm probably interpreting it wrong, but people were clearly picking converts as warm-ups on last years CWC.
it doesn't makes sense
WalterToro

chickennando wrote:

We should change the wording there, this ruleset has been used for years, but yeah, it should say osu!catch specific maps or osu!standard converts to osu!catch, we will find a better wording and then update the wiki page.
JBHyperion
You could just have it worded as "all warmups must be played in osu!catch mode" with an optional "osu!, osu!taiko and osu!mania warmups are not permitted" if you feel the need to be ultra pedantic.
eldnl

JBHyperion wrote:

You could just have it worded as "all warmups must be played in osu!catch mode" with an optional "osu!, osu!taiko and osu!mania warmups are not permitted" if you feel the need to be ultra pedantic.
XD at least it is better
Ginoshi
I hope we get to see some cancer converts :^)
F D Flourite

Ginoshi wrote:

I hope we get to see some cancer converts :^)
show more